NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,616 times)

Still Collating...

Didn't know of that method to loosen joints. Seems interesting, maybe will give it a go if I ever have joints that are so tight that they can't be fixed with a hairdryer.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 24, 2018, 12:50:55 PM
It's the opposite - if you have loose joints, you can tighten them with a little bit of floor polish. If you have tight joints, you have to disassemble the figure (pain in the ass if even possible at all, and you risk terminally breaking the figure) and file down the offending parts of the joint until they're less tight.
Then why does everyone say "hair dryer does the trick"?

The Old One

The Old One

Or boiling hot water. IMO.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Nov 24, 2018, 09:43:10 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 24, 2018, 12:50:55 PM
It's the opposite - if you have loose joints, you can tighten them with a little bit of floor polish. If you have tight joints, you have to disassemble the figure (pain in the ass if even possible at all, and you risk terminally breaking the figure) and file down the offending parts of the joint until they're less tight.
Then why does everyone say "hair dryer does the trick"?
In my experience that's a temporary fix. You're heating up the plastic so it's more malleable, but when it cools back down you still have the same amount of material rubbing against other material. That, and heating up the joint can warp the plastic and make the problem worse once it cools.
If I had to choose between a figure having too loose or too tight, I'd take too loose any day. You're not at risk of cracking or breaking the joint if you f**k up with a loose joint.

The Old One

The Old One

Fair enough.

CelticP

CelticP

I had no idea you can extend Machiko's blades. I can't for the life of me, and one def is going to fall off soon. Still. I'm okay with it. Broken Tusk is my favorite of the two. He's got some personality to him.

Pretty goddang sick.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Those photos are pretty fantastic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Seconded. Those look freaking amazing! Can't wait for this to show up over here!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Well time for someone to do an original Predator comic with these photos

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

This pics are terrific!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 28, 2018, 11:17:46 AM
Well time for someone to do an original Predator comic with these photos
Or at least a webcomic follow-up to Alien Loves Predator.

Still Collating...

I love seeing figure photography and those are some amazing photos!

CelticP

CelticP

Thanks all! Machiko is next, and then one more set with the two of them together. Should be fun!

Wysps

Wysps

Those pictures are really impressive  :o  Great work there.

CelticP

CelticP

Not super happy with these, so i'll have to do better on the final "duo" shoot.

This is the last set lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed