NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,051 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

So....who's going to make them? NECA hasn't mentioned anything about this.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

No idea, I would assume NECA. Probably a SDCC thing this summer, like Ahab was, or a NYCC thing in the fall.

OWLF

OWLF

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2016, 09:46:59 AM
Thanks. That looks great. Found some more artwork of another Predator from the game too: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/LZJv0

You´re Welcome. Thanks for the Artstation link, that´s some pretty cool Pred concept art right there.  8)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 19, 2016, 12:44:42 AM
There was a big argument on Twitter with Randy and someone else talking about the lack of netting. Basically it was said NECA won't mak a Predator body without sculpted netting.

Now the unpaited netting doesn't bother me that much. But I think a sculpt with out netting could work well. Idk, but it was quite the argument.

I'd love that elite, but if it had unpainted netting...I don't know.

The guy was Jin Saotome.
He does figure customs. Really good figure customs.

Here's the Pred Hunter from the Arcade AVP game.

Look! No net!

Neca's excuse is that is not "cost effective." That makes it sound like there arent enough figs that will use it to actually spend money on.
The funny part about that excuse is that people keep asking for new sculpts without netting because figures without painted netting keep appearing.

georgeromero

georgeromero

I know this may be too early to ask. Does anyone know which Predators are planned after series 16? I for one would like to see the Elder and the second ancient flashback Predators from AVP.
As for Jin Saotome custom he did a fine job on it but that body looks weird on a Predator.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Besides the AVP Elder, and the 2 ultimates, nothing more is known. We've gotten hints, like more of Scarface's skins, AVP 2010 and Wolf.

NECA did say they have the series all figured out till series 20 though.

Mrcreosote

Mrcreosote

Was there ever a figure of any of the avp2 preds?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Mrcreosote on Feb 21, 2016, 11:05:18 PM
No, I don't think there have ever been figures from any of designs from the games.

georgeromero

georgeromero

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 21, 2016, 10:21:16 PM
Besides the AVP Elder, and the 2 ultimates, nothing more is known. We've gotten hints, like more of Scarface's skins, AVP 2010 and Wolf.

NECA did say they have the series all figured out till series 20 though.

I was hoping for Lord and Spartan Predators from Neca since that game came out.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

No doubt AVP 2010 will get NECA a lot of uses out of the AVP bodies.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 22, 2016, 12:49:17 AMNo, I don't think there have ever been figures from any of designs from the games.

Didn't they do a figured or two from some of the really old (1990s) Predator games?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 22, 2016, 12:49:17 AM
Quote from: Mrcreosote on Feb 21, 2016, 11:05:18 PM
No, I don't think there have ever been figures from any of designs from the games.

They have said they'd be willing to do some though.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 22, 2016, 08:47:21 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 22, 2016, 12:49:17 AMNo, I don't think there have ever been figures from any of designs from the games.

Didn't they do a figured or two from some of the really old (1990s) Predator games?

There's been some customs of the old arcade games but nothing really official. I think they may have some some "16-bit" coloured versions of some figures but I wouldn't really call them proper ones.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

AVP2010 is a plethora of great Predators, Aliens, and Marines. I really hope we see some stuff based on them from NECA in the next few years.

happypred

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Way too muscular for me. It's like the Pred version of Arnie. They should be lithe and agile.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed