NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,925 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Hm, unpainted netting again. So be it, I'll probably get it anyway. :-\

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 20, 2016, 10:06:50 PM
I think NECA is perhaps the LAST way I can support the franchise. I mean so far, the toys are just whats keeping me happy about the whole thing.
Are you referencing the status of the franchise(s) as a whole or something else? Your comment has me puzzled  ???

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jan 21, 2016, 01:45:18 AM
Are you referencing the status of the franchise(s) as a whole or something else? Your comment has me puzzled  ???

Definitely the franchises as a whole. I'm just not happy with what's going on with it now, but I am somewhat consoled at the fact that the characters I liked and grew up with are finally getting toys. I'm going to be thinking of them as memories to be collected.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 21, 2016, 12:39:58 AM
Hm, unpainted netting again. So be it, I'll probably get it anyway. :-\

I see what you mean. Is that common place for the NECA Predators? I assume they haven't got any bodies without the netting already on them.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

NECA has done this with a few Kenner Predators already.

While I haven't seen their actual response to why, I'm pretty sure the chalk it up to "accuracy". As Kenner figures didn't have netting.

Which does make sense, however the Predator sculpts all have netting somewhere, so leaving  it unpainted really makes it look off. I doubt anyone would complain if Clan Leader had painted netting. Atleast the figure would look more complete.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

New tweet from Randy about the Concrete Jungle Predator: "Scarface will be out for Summer. Machiko in 2017 most likely"

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 21, 2016, 07:55:37 PM
NECA has done this with a few Kenner Predators already.

While I haven't seen their actual response to why, I'm pretty sure the chalk it up to "accuracy". As Kenner figures didn't have netting.

Which does make sense, however. The Predator sculpts all have netting somewhere, so leaving  it unpainted really makes it look off. I doubt anyone would complain if Clan Leader had painted netting. Atleast the figure would look more complete.

Perhaps it will be painted in the final version. This is still just a WIP.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I certainly hope so. But it looks like NECA added more patterns to the body, black, so I doubt they will add the netting now, as it will interfere with the new patterns.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've had thought the netting would be the last thing to paint really.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I am so hyped for Scarface.
https://mobile.twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/692474857834057728

Hopefully we get the Darkblade Clan outfit too. I also asked if the Prince Predator from AVP2  might happen, and Randy said "we might".

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looking very good! I really hope they continue to do the game Predators.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 28, 2016, 04:16:23 AM
I am so hyped for Scarface.
https://mobile.twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/692474857834057728

Hopefully we get the Darkblade Clan outfit too. I also asked if the Prince Predator from AVP2  might happen, and Randy said "we might".
Oh my god. I have been waiting for this since 2005. I never thought it would be possible since no company had ever done figures on characters from the games.

Six-String-Samurai

Scarface looks insane, so pumped that they are finally doing some game figures.  would love to see the ritual armour get made. ;D

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Looks like NECA does intend to make alternate outfits. Just not right away.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/692727731512053760

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And that tweet talks about AvP2.  ;D

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2016, 10:00:18 PM
And that tweet talks about AvP2.  ;D
What would you like to see made from the old PC games? My top 3 Predators:
Heavy
Ancient (AvP2:PH)
Light

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed