NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,932 times)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 25, 2015, 07:29:19 PM
He looks excellent. Gonna be a damn good one. Hopefully they make the others as well, plus Hunter Borgia.
There really is a lot of great material in the game that doesn't require a lot of arm twisting for likeness rights. I'd like to know where they draw the line in video game likenesses since they are fictitious by default and most of the ones of interest aren't even human!

Can't wait to see where the line goes from here. Realistically, they can milk it for a long time. We're all gonna need a bigger boat...err... hobby room :)

Ultramorph

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I'm gonna guess Spikes Tail will use an older body. Don't see anything that looks like an AVP piece.

Still looks excellent though. NECA says they have about 3-4 more Members to go. Who else is left?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 13, 2016, 10:14:18 PM
I'm gonna guess Spikes Tail will use an older body. Don't see anything that looks like an AVP piece.

From what Randy was saying on Twitter, doesn't look like the AvP bodies will get used that often.

Quote@NECA_TOYS (just to be affirmed on a mention/rumor) a '#MachikoNoguchi ' is within the "not so far off future" though, correct?

would be all new tooling but not something that would be high on our list regardless, many better options

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Hm. I'm not sure if using the AVP bodies sparingly would be a good idea. Think about it, after 2 whole waves with the body, plus Scarface and Clan Leader, is it really smart to go back to less articulated sculpts?

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 14, 2016, 07:27:58 PM
Hm. I'm not sure if using the AVP bodies sparingly would be a good idea. Think about it, after 2 whole waves with the body, plus Scarface and Clan Leader, is it really smart to go back to less articulated sculpts?
It's the size of the sculpts if I am not mistaken.

Also, that's nonsense that Machiko's not high on the list. I believe she is desired considering the only other options are an overpriced statue and an overpriced Hot Toys figure.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I believe Randy said they'd be looking at her and Dachande at some point.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I asked if the Elder from Predator 2 was being considered for an Ultimate release, Randy said he's not.

Hopefully that's just for now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What are the Ultimate releases? I've seen it mentioned but I'm not sure what they are.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 19, 2016, 10:39:53 PM
What are the Ultimate releases? I've seen it mentioned but I'm not sure what they are.

Figure that were made before, getting major articulated overhauls. So NECA intends to remake the Jungle and City Hunters with more articulation, all new sculpts.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 20, 2016, 12:42:34 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 19, 2016, 10:39:53 PM

Figure that were made before, getting major articulated overhauls. So NECA intends to remake the Jungle and City Hunters with more articulation, all new sculpts.
Also the case of coming with all the weapons/accessories relevant to the character, such as the T-800 from T2. He came with several different heads, shotgun, minigun and grenade launcher. Hopefully, the Predators will come with window packaging and trophies, a couple hands, possibly different heads (masked, unmasked) and all the weapons. JH is easy... wristblades and plasma caster. I want them to have the wrist computer open like the AvP preds.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks, fellas. Understood. That's actually pretty cool.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Kenner Clan Leader is looking good!
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/689881690257375232

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I think NECA is perhaps the LAST way I can support the franchise. I mean so far, the toys are just whats keeping me happy about the whole thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed