NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,652 times)

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

That would be something.....watching our figures battle it out as they do in the movies because of some programmed chip

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I asked NECA what their point of reference was for sculpting Scarface. A mix of the gameplay model and cutscene model, plus concept art.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Kenner Clan Leader. Using the AVP body. ;D

https://mobile.twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/674653458994094080

georgeromero

georgeromero

You know how many times they did use Anytime body! So now we'll get countless Predator figures with AVP body. Not saying that is bad nor good. I just wish they'd change their ways of cloning the same figure over and over. $ is what counts and nothing else matters. I get it. By the way although he is responsive, this Randy guy is acting a like a dragon defending his property by attacking anyone who's criticizing their products. His behavior is often very unprofessional and childish. Maybe it's time to stop supporting these Predaclone line. Who am I kidding? As long as there are suckers like me the likes of Neca will continue their cashflow by being lazy leeches making every imaginable Predator.
Nonetheless if they don't overdo it I am excited for these AvP Predators.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Eh, the reusing of the AVP body is fine to me, because it's an improvement over the older bodies.

georgeromero

georgeromero

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 09, 2015, 11:47:19 PM
Eh, the reusing of the AVP body is fine to me, because it's an improvement over the older bodies.

I agree as long as they don't do another 100 lazy repaints of them. They could make them with different heights and bodies. Just 2-3 body variations would do the trick. That way all of them would look different and unique.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: georgeromero on Dec 10, 2015, 12:34:27 AM

I agree as long as they don't do another 100 lazy repaints of them. They could make them with different heights and bodies. Just 2-3 body variations would do the trick. That way all of them would look different and unique.
Hate to burst your bubble, but it costs lots of money to change the molds. They won't do so unless it's for something very limited or they plan to use it a thousand times. I've also never seen Randy act aggressively towards fans or negative critics. He always points to CS for complaints/replacements. He does act childish though, with numerous innuendos and silly remarks from time to time but he is human and that's his personality, take it or leave it lol.

As collectors, we have to realize that products from the same company will show similarities over time, if not immediately obvious. We are willing to pay for these and continue the demand for the supply. What I think we can all agree on is we want durable, articulated, quality figures that look great in or out of their packages and reasonably priced. Variety in paint and accessories/weaponry is welcome too. Some want one of everything and others want a hundred of the same exact figure. A salad bar for collectors!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And just for reference, the original -

Whilst I haven't brought many of the endless Predators, I do love that NECA are doing them. I understand that the cost of continually trying to produce variant bodies is prohibitive and I don't think the re-use of the base body is that bad because the layers on top are all quite different. I love that NECA are redoing the old Kenner figures.

I'm looking forward to seeing them do Kenner Aliens too.

georgeromero

georgeromero

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 10, 2015, 01:25:07 AM
Quote from: georgeromero on Dec 10, 2015, 12:34:27 AM

Hate to burst your bubble, but it costs lots of money to change the molds. They won't do so unless it's for something very limited or they plan to use it a thousand times. I've also never seen Randy act aggressively towards fans or negative critics. He always points to CS for complaints/replacements. He does act childish though, with numerous innuendos and silly remarks from time to time but he is human and that's his personality, take it or leave it lol.

As collectors, we have to realize that products from the same company will show similarities over time, if not immediately obvious. We are willing to pay for these and continue the demand for the supply. What I think we can all agree on is we want durable, articulated, quality figures that look great in or out of their packages and reasonably priced. Variety in paint and accessories/weaponry is welcome too. Some want one of everything and others want a hundred of the same exact figure. A salad bar for collectors!

All manufacturers hit and miss sometimes. Like most of you I do collect other stuff as well but no other company is abusing those molds like Neca does. Let's take McFarlane's Spawn line for example. I know they are fragile and some of them look lame. Even though most of them are Al Simmons Spawn they are completely different sculpts. Yes, there are variants of those but that's it. They do sculpt new stuff or at least parts of them are really different. Or let's take a look at Mezco's MK figures. Sub Zero and Scorpion are not the same for sure even though they share same bodies.

In Neca's case they just change the mask, swap some minor things and add a new paint. There you go. Also I wouldn't agree on their quality being good. Most joints on Lost Predators were loose. My Big Red's wrist blades were seperate, my Elder didn't have his blade at all. All other Predators were ok. Altough we are talking about Predators I must say all my aliens broke off righ away (both Neca and McFarlane).

I wouldn't discuss it if I hated their figures. I "whine" because I want them to care for their figures the same way they care about their pockets. Nothing more. Their price range, sculpting and massive variety is good.

Back to topic. Now that we have more coming which cameo Predators from AVP could be made? I'd like to see the ones from flashback and those poor guys from the AVP Requiem.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Now I sure hope they paint the netting. Even if it's not accurate, the figure would just look better with it.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 09, 2015, 08:53:17 PM

Very nice! I bought the old Clan Leader as a gift for myself last year, so it will be cool to have this, too. Hopefully we eventually get the elderly Predator from Homeworld.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Oh hell yeah I remember when I had all the kenner avp stuff.......ah those were the days

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 12, 2015, 07:12:18 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 09, 2015, 08:53:17 PM

Very nice! I bought the old Clan Leader as a gift for myself last year, so it will be cool to have this, too. Hopefully we eventually get the elderly Predator from Homeworld.

Have you opened it? If so do the tentacles still move. I think its similar to the old tobiz doctor octopuss toy. The rubber mine hasnt rotted or cracked but the string has contracted so it wont release.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

He looks excellent. Gonna be a damn good one. Hopefully they make the others as well, plus Hunter Borgia.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed