NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,136 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 20, 2014, 10:23:59 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Dec 20, 2014, 03:28:51 PM
I'd love to see a NECA version of the Hasbro clan leader...
Kenner, you mean.

I'd love to see NECA interpretations of all of the old Kenner toys.
Kenner, my bad :D I don't need all, I love the ones they did though.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I got Enforcer as a gift today, and I have to say it's a pretty cool figure. The shiny paint on his armor really plays into the notion that he's a professional, basically in a nice clean "uniform." The mask sculpt is cool, too. It looks great next to Ahab and Lava Planet.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 22, 2014, 10:34:17 PM
So I asked NECA on Twitter if they will use the new AVP bodies for future Predators, they said no. Because different Predators have different builds and what not.

Considering the fact that NECA has released... god knows how many remolds of Diablo/Classics with repaints and minor accessories, I have to ask what kind of logic is that? Okay, so they'll put out the umpteenth Diablo/Classic remold with different painting scheme but they can't be bothered for the body types of AvP Predators? Yeah, okay..  ::)

But at least we are getting the AvP Predators.. FINALLY.. Jesus.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That could be why they were stalling on the AvP Preds, they knew they couldn't milk the molds for 45781 remolds/repaints like they could with the Classic and City Hunter bodies.

Also here's an updated poster with every Predator NECA has done to date:

I wonder what that "Dark Horse 25th Anniversary" silhouette is?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 26, 2014, 06:47:12 AM
That could be why they were stalling on the AvP Preds, they knew they couldn't milk the molds for 45781 remolds/repaints like they could with the Classic and City Hunter bodies.

I would've thought that NECA kept on stalling cause Randy hated the AvP Predators. At least that's what I've heard from fans.

This should answer your curiosity.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I've only ever heard that Randy didnt like the proportions of the AVP Preds. I recall reading a while back, long before we saw the first prototypes, the proportions would be changed, to look leaner. They're doing a lot with AVP, new articulation and customizable options. The AVP Preds honestly seemed like the next step in the series to me. I mean, not that the current City and Jungle Hunter molds are bad, but wouldn't it be a little disorienting to get a figure like Scar, with a bunch of new features, to then go back to an old sculpt in the next series?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 26, 2014, 07:20:52 AM

I would've thought that NECA kept on stalling cause Randy hated the AvP Predators. At least that's what I've heard from fans.
Could be a combination of both.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 26, 2014, 07:20:52 AM

This should answer your curiosity.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100624211127/avp/images/3/31/Predatorissue1.jpg
So yet another Anytime repaint? Pass.

Well, probably pass.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Can anyone get the backstories for Renegade, Cracked Tusk and Scavenger up?

drsmuts

drsmuts

I'm hoping that they can squeeze in a re-release of the Jungle Hunter and also Dutch as I missed out first time round and they now go for ludicrous prices online.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Pixel Dan reviews the Predator Blade Fighter Vehicle... This made me laugh a little bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLxvQMt5Fs8

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I got Bad Blood for Christmas and I think this may be my favorite Predator to date. I love how savage he looks. I'm considering picking up another and adding a mask to it, maybe Berserker predators mask if I can find one for cheap enough. I still want (need..) to pick up Viper and Enforcer though.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Dec 30, 2014, 06:47:56 AM
I got Bad Blood for Christmas and I think this may be my favorite Predator to date. I love how savage he looks. I'm considering picking up another and adding a mask to it, maybe Berserker predators mask if I can find one for cheap enough. I still want (need..) to pick up Viper and Enforcer though.
Berserker mask doesnt fit him(overall normall predator heads by neca) he had a mask in comic book,but he didnt wear it-it was like on one page-when he was crash landing on earth, his mask-broken was by his feet-cant find a picture of it

Master

Master

Guys I need good store with neca figures in Barcelona. Help please.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Bender1988 on Dec 30, 2014, 11:10:13 AM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Dec 30, 2014, 06:47:56 AM
Berserker mask doesnt fit him(overall normall predator heads by neca) he had a mask in comic book,but he didnt wear it-it was like on one page-when he was crash landing on earth, his mask-broken was by his feet-cant find a picture of it

I've done some surgery on predator heads before, I bought 3 of the Hive Wars preds and did some mask swaps with Ram and Stalker. It's the same basic steps I'd use for Berserker (if I find one that isn't $50). It'll just require carving out Bad Bloods face so the mask will fit. After that I just have to glue it in place.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Found all four just before Christmas at my local TRU. Literally only 1 of each figure available, save BB. So pleased to have gotten them in hand without paying big shipping charges and actually seeing the quality before purchase. I have had some figures come in broken from sellers on ebay.

Randy mentioned on the Twitter feed that they were interested in doing a rerelease of some of the more popular figures, namely Jungle and City. Couldn't locate it ATM... too many tweets to scroll through!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed