NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,959 times)

ArcticHuntress

ArcticHuntress

Well we did get the McFarlane Birth of the Hybrid diorama that featured a dead Scar, so Neca might try something like that.

Master

Master

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 10, 2013, 01:03:12 AM
You forgot "headbite victim Celtic", too.

It`ll be two pack with Grid. Hole in Celtic`s forehead will be big enough to fit inner jaw in.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

So I was at toys r us and I saw the Lava Planet Predator and the Hive Wars Predator and they were just the ugliest pieces of shit I have seen out of neca so far. I know there kind of a homage to those old 80s *Correct me if I am wrong* toys from peoples childhoods, but these things were painted HORRIBLY! At first I thought they were knockoffs and then later found out they were the real deal.  Just what the hell man.

Its sad because I desperetly want to love these figures because the idea of them is just so f**king cool but I can not get past how horribly painted they are some of of them are just terrible remolds as well.  Neca please TRY.

Sorry about the rant.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I freaking love the Hive Wars predator, he's just a more vibrant blue than the Warrior predator from the P2 line up

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Master on Dec 10, 2013, 10:55:15 PM

It`ll be two pack with Grid. Hole in Celtic`s forehead will be big enough to fit inner jaw in.
If they did that I might actually buy it just for the sheer novelty of it.

Quote from: Predator Queen on Dec 10, 2013, 11:09:55 PM
So I was at toys r us and I saw the Lava Planet Predator and the Hive Wars Predator and they were just the ugliest pieces of shit I have seen out of neca so far. I know there kind of a homage to those old 80s *Correct me if I am wrong* toys from peoples childhoods, but these things were painted HORRIBLY! At first I thought they were knockoffs and then later found out they were the real deal.  Just what the hell man.

Its sad because I desperetly want to love these figures because the idea of them is just so f**king cool but I can not get past how horribly painted they are some of of them are just terrible remolds as well.  Neca please TRY.

Sorry about the rant.
Look at you. Look at how wrong you are. :(

Lava Planet is the best of the three. His mask is righteous.

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 11, 2013, 02:56:10 AM

Sorry about the rant.

I agree, Lava kicks ass. Though I would have liked to have seen some paintwork on his back as opposed to living it bare plastic. I think some more of the cool de-cloaking effect on his back would have been really cool.  Not a huge deal, just would have made him all the more badass.

Darth-Predator

Darth-Predator

Who all has the TRU Final Battle 2 pack? I got mine the other day - I typically keep my figures MOC but I'm considering opening this one. I'm really digging the fact that the Pred has a removable mask.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Darth-Predator on Dec 12, 2013, 03:34:51 AM
Who all has the TRU Final Battle 2 pack? I got mine the other day - I typically keep my figures MOC but I'm considering opening this one. I'm really digging the fact that the Pred has a removable mask.
I'm hoping to get one as a gift for X-mas. I believe the mask isn't able to be attached to the Pred. I read that on NECA's Twitter page.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

yeah man, the mask is in no way, shape, or form attachable to the predator's face.  As Randy said, it wasn't done that way in the movies, so they're never gonna do it that way on the figures.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: slaysaliens on Dec 12, 2013, 06:09:33 AM
yeah man, the mask is in no way, shape, or form attachable to the predator's face.  As Randy said, it wasn't done that way in the movies, so they're never gonna do it that way on the figures.

I don't think thats the reason so much that its the fact the masks will look off if you made them thick enough to accommodate a predators face. It'd be out of scale with his body.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 11, 2013, 02:56:10 AM

Sorry about the rant.

Maybe its just the nasty left over toys I saw.  I will give them another shot when I go back to TRU

Darth-Predator

Darth-Predator

Quote from: slaysaliens on Dec 12, 2013, 06:09:33 AMyeah man, the mask is in no way, shape, or form attachable to the predator's face.  As Randy said, it wasn't done that way in the movies, so they're never gonna do it that way on the figures.

What?!? Now I'm really disappointed....

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Dec 12, 2013, 06:18:07 AMI don't think thats the reason so much that its the fact the masks will look off if you made them thick enough to accommodate a predators face. It'd be out of scale with his body.

McFarlane was able to do it pretty effectively with several of their Preds in MM6. It certainly can be done - I don't see why NECA couldn't pull it off either.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

The Revoltech Predator also had a removable mask. It just snaps into the head, more or less. I'm not a big fan of the figure. It's way more clunky and hard to pose than the Big Chap or Aliens Warrior. But I like the idea. It's face has closed mandibles so different mouths or faces would be a plus for any future figures from any company. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

So since we're getting another wave of 3 Kenner Preds, any predictions on who we'll get?

My dream list is:
- Spike Tail Predator

- Lasershot Predator

- Stalker Predator

But if NECA goes for the low-hanging fruit, we'll end up with:

- Scavage Predator (literally a repaint of Nightstorm, since the original Kenner Nightstorm was a straight repaint of Scavage)
- Cracked Tusk Predator (again, literally a repaint of Lava Planet, like the original Kenner toy)
- Renegade Predator (essentially a repaint of the Classic Predator)

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

I'm pretty sure I saw a "behind the scenes" photo from NECA awhile back, and on one of the desks there was a green berserker Pred, which is probably Scavage Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed