NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,427 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

My set of the Kenner Preds should show up from BBTS today, I can't wait!

.....aaaaaand UPS says my package was "delivered to my front door" today, but I definitely don't see any box. I've already sent an email to BBTS about it... :(

ArcticHuntress

ArcticHuntress

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 02, 2013, 12:03:53 AM
.....aaaaaand UPS says my package was "delivered to my front door" today, but I definitely don't see any box. I've already sent an email to BBTS about it... :(

That's weird. Hope you can get things sorted.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

My BBTS order showed up today, the Kenner Preds are completely amazing and I hope they remake the entire line. I'm *really* hoping for a glow-in-the-dark Stalker remake.

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 06, 2013, 09:46:07 AM
My BBTS order showed up today, the Kenner Preds are completely amazing and I hope they remake the entire line. I'm *really* hoping for a glow-in-the-dark Stalker remake.

Glad to hear you got them. I hope they make the Renegade Predator with his plasma caster rifle.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I got my set yesterday and I really like these a lot. Can't wait for NECA to do more of these Kenner tributes.

Master

Master

I definitelly can. Come on, I want some real predators stuff, so hurry and give us AvP series already. There is no figure I feel I must have since Lost Tribe came out.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Jace Madan on Nov 06, 2013, 09:51:12 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 06, 2013, 09:46:07 AM

Glad to hear you got them. I hope they make the Renegade Predator with his plasma caster rifle.

It should be easy, its just the classic predator painted brown with a rial and spear.

ArcticHuntress

ArcticHuntress

Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2013, 03:37:45 PM
I definitelly can. Come on, I want some real predators stuff, so hurry and give us AvP series already. There is no figure I feel I must have since Lost Tribe came out.

I really hope we get Scar & co in early 2014, the McFarlane figures are both hard to come by and overpriced.

That said, now I actually have the Kenner homage figures with me I'm very pleased with how they turned out. Nightstorm is my absolute favourite of the three, but Lava manages to look creepy (I mean that in a good way) and Hive's colouring and glaive is perfect.

Leventa24

Leventa24

Quite frankly, I enjoy stuff like these Kenner homages and the Dead End stuff a lot more than I do with the figures that come from the various films. I have a lot of the NECA stuff from the original Predator film, but really don't have any urge to start going too far into the other stuff. This is entirely personal taste, but I get a real kick out of the figures that have interesting colors (Albino, Big Red, Wasp, ect) or are made of interesting clear materials like the Water Emergence or Lava Planet Predator.

They remind me of when I was a child and how much I loved the old Kenner Alien and Predator lines and that feeling is far more interesting to me than the sort of nodding approval I feel at yet another in a long line of movie accurate Predator figures. 

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Leventa24 on Nov 06, 2013, 11:13:05 PM
Quite frankly, I enjoy stuff like these Kenner homages and the Dead End stuff a lot more than I do with the figures that come from the various films. I have a lot of the NECA stuff from the original Predator film, but really don't have any urge to start going too far into the other stuff. This is entirely personal taste, but I get a real kick out of the figures that have interesting colors (Albino, Big Red, Wasp, ect) or are made of interesting clear materials like the Water Emergence or Lava Planet Predator.

They remind me of when I was a child and how much I loved the old Kenner Alien and Predator lines and that feeling is far more interesting to me than the sort of nodding approval I feel at yet another in a long line of movie accurate Predator figures.
I didn't grow up with the Kenner stuff (I was actually terrified of the movie Alien after I saw it when I was about 5-6 through closed fingers, so the folks didn't think I would like it some day), I grew up Godzilla toys which I proudly still own today. I don't think I actually got into collecting Alien/Predator stuff until after I got the Grid Alien by McFarlane after I saw AvP. And that was in a Spencers store of all places! I guess I'm one of those people that have to have all of the figures eventually, so I can appreciate all of them equally. I'm thankful that we're getting some unique additions to the Pred line since they've almost exhausted every licensed Yautja. It'd be silly to just release all the movie tie-in characters and never dabble in any of the EU stuff, which I would consider Kenner EU.
I just hope some day they can get more human character likeness rights. Not only, but I would actually like to see NECA revisit some older figures and re-release them, namely Wolf, the Super Predators, and the PredAlien figure. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Neca confirms more Kenner-inspired figures, and a projection of when we'll see prototypes: https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/398097547631542272

Shadow

Shadow

so,another year of delayed AvP preds? *sigh*. as much as i love these homage stuff of kenner classics i would prefer if they do this After all movie preds are released.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well they didn't say that more Kenner figures are *next*, just that they are making more and they'll be demoing them at Toyfair. :)

bobcunk

bobcunk

I picked up Night storm yesterday, I love the way he looks but i wish they updated the body to make it more posible. It also appears that the wrist-blades were at on point supposed to fold and retract. the one knee is loose and seems to have a lot of that oily stuff on the joints, Iv noticed this oil on a lot of other figures including transformers. Is it from the mold?

Leventa24

Leventa24

^ Apparently it was done to keep the joints from sticking and causing out of package breakages.

A few tidbits from Randy today on the NECA Twitter. Feel free to check it yourself if you want to see it from the horse's mouth.

AvP Predators pushed back to Series 14 and 15.
-
As most of us know, the improved Elder will most likely be in Series 12.
-
If I read the post correctly we can also look forward to "2 more awesome surprise additions to the line". Whether he means the two other figures that will be in Series 12 or something else is up to interpretation.
-
The next set of Kenner tribute figures was moved up to what is likely to be Series 13. Lucky number.
-
An improved Berserker Predator is a possibility in the future.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed