NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,479 times)

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: Berserker Pred on Feb 10, 2013, 07:49:26 PM
Imagine if they made that wall in 1/4 scale...

Neca also tweeted this earlier.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCwUs1iCYAIC-Ch.jpg

Can somebody brief me on who these Predators are? Are they just homages to Kenner figures or are they from a graphic novel. (I don't read to many Predator comics and Graphic novels.) I have interest on the Predator on the left and right but I feel the middle one is FAR to much like Berserker with different armor.

Requiem28

Requiem28

WTF ARE THESE!!!?? AWESOME!

They do look like Kenner homages, but I still don't get why they couldn't just go straight to re-doing the AVP figures.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

LAVA PLANET PREDATOR!

wolf-pred3107

wolf-pred3107

lava planet predator - night storm - Hive wars warrior predator

:D

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I really like that Hive Wars predator.
Guess I'll be making a second pred clan after my big reds are done  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: khas on Feb 10, 2013, 06:37:41 PM

Are they actually selling a diorama?  That'll be so cool.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Look some kind weird but still nice, I´ll buy them at sight!
BTW, which figures or characters would feature the series 9?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 10, 2013, 02:32:14 PM
Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Feb 10, 2013, 01:48:28 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Feb 10, 2013, 01:44:35 PM

that is not correct placement. no wait its almost correct.

http://storiesbywilliams.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/p2_trophy_case_by_rhieganpalo-d352vju.jpg

Ummm...it's exactly correct.
No it's not, the middle extraterrestrial skull is too close to the leftmost human skull, and not close enough to the Xenomorph skull. Compare the NECA photo to the production still with Danny Glover. Also the placement of the "ram head" skull in the upper right corner is a little off.

I mean it's close enough and it's still damn awesome, but it definitely isn't "exactly correct". Heck, the skulls themselves are slightly off - the ram head skull has the wrong number of teeth on the upper jaw, for instance.

Also those Kenner homage Preds are f**king fantastic and I'll be getting all of them. I'm surprised they didn't go the Renegade Predator route, to be honest.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yup, the upper right skull looks scrunched.

But, boy, the Mandiblasaurus is aaaaagggghhhaaaawesooomeeeeeeee.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Trophy case looks awesome.

Otter

Otter

How many of you have these skulls from the previous releases?

I tracked most of them down in anticipation of the wall coming, but I've noticed that their colours vary between releases, with the skull that sits highest on the wall a very bright white.  The differences in the others are pretty subtle, but the one that came with cloaked city hunter looks out of place with the others. 

Is this the same for everyone else... or have I picked up a knock off by mistake?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I don't know if you have a knock-off, but mine isn't super-bright white and I got mine right out of the packaging with the cloaked City Hunter.

If anything the lightest colored ones I have are the two from the recent Jungle Hunter/Battle Damaged City Hunter 2-pack, and even then it's just specific parts of them. The top of both skulls is much brighter white than the bottom half.

Predator Queen

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

I'm excited for the trophy case, but I just realized that my Predator display will not be complete without a couple skinned bodies to hang. I wonder if we'll ever get these from NECA, kind of like McFarlane's infamous "Body Bags" exclusive...

Petition time?  ;D

Diamondback Predator

Quote from: Otter on Feb 14, 2013, 11:49:23 PM
How many of you have these skulls from the previous releases?

I tracked most of them down in anticipation of the wall coming, but I've noticed that their colours vary between releases, with the skull that sits highest on the wall a very bright white.  The differences in the others are pretty subtle, but the one that came with cloaked city hunter looks out of place with the others. 

Is this the same for everyone else... or have I picked up a knock off by mistake?

I have all of them so far, just waiting on the upcoming human skull from the water emergence pred and the wall with mandible-saurus. I don't think you have a knock off, thats just how they came. The cloaked City Hunter SDCC one is way different from the other skulls in color. But tracking all these damn skulls and exclusives down took so long I, for one, do not want to see the whole set re-released.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed