NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,481 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah I'm pretty sure you've missed his point for a long time.

I, for one, don't buy their reissues. I hate buying multiples, it makes me feel like I'm wasting my money. Money isn't a problem for me, but I also have the financial sense to know when I'm getting ripped off. It isn't that people can't afford NECA's numerous reissues, it's that they shouldn't have to buy them.

This... this shouldn't be a revolutionary concept.

People call you out in NECA threads because you blindly defend them at every turn, willingly fellate them no matter what they do, and never acknowledge when they do something legitimately questionable or unsavory. NECA isn't a perfect company, it's your seeming unwillingness to acknowledge that which raises people's ire.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Dec 02, 2012, 01:22:05 AM
Quote from: Sexy Poot on Dec 02, 2012, 12:47:42 AM
Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Dec 01, 2012, 06:00:54 PM
Quote from: brownieccad on Dec 01, 2012, 09:40:00 AM
oh man I love the little easter egg on the card- great shout out-

Now this might be a very dumb simple question that has been answered a million times already- but is this city hunter from this series the absolute exact figure and total repack of the TRU 2-pack?

It comes with a spear-holding hand made of the same translucent plastic as the rest of the body, unlike in the 2-Pack where they tossed in a repainted Exclusive Gort hand.

The sad thing is, that's actually one of the reasons I might get it, apart from the trophy and the spear. And I'll bet they knew it would turn out that way and planned it from the start.
We know the truth, but don't tell Sabres that...

The thing is...it doesn't bother me in the least how they re-release/re-use stuff.

LMAO!

Now you...you whine...cry...pout...stomp your feet...bitch...moan...and you STILL buy them.

Cracks me up every time.  ;D

I look forward to them redoing ALL of them...just so you can up your post count...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I know it's tough on you when you can't afford to buy multiples...so let me know if you need to borrow some money for an action figure.  ;)
Geez dude, calm ur nips. I don't use the term "butthurt" online cause its such an easy go to, but I think this time i'll make an exception...

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 02, 2012, 02:28:18 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure you've missed his point for a long time.

I, for one, don't buy their reissues. I hate buying multiples, it makes me feel like I'm wasting my money. Money isn't a problem for me, but I also have the financial sense to know when I'm getting ripped off. It isn't that people can't afford NECA's numerous reissues, it's that they shouldn't have to buy them.

This... this shouldn't be a revolutionary concept.

People call you out in NECA threads because you blindly defend them at every turn, willingly fellate them no matter what they do, and never acknowledge when they do something legitimately questionable or unsavory. NECA isn't a perfect company, it's your seeming unwillingness to acknowledge that which raises people's ire.

Seriously, u nailed it dude.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

LOL...the whiners calling me "butthurt" in a NECA thread where the majority of their posts consist of their butts being hurt about how NECA releases action figures.

Hilarious!  :D

samoht

samoht

NECA uses oversized spiked strap on dildos. We can do nothing else but complain about the butthurt.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: samoht on Dec 02, 2012, 04:38:00 AM
NECA uses oversized spiked strap on dildos. We can do nothing else but complain about the butthurt.

Coincidentally, instead of making it correct the first time around, those dildos have about 6 variations each year...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Dec 02, 2012, 03:48:46 AM
LOL...the whiners calling me "butthurt" in a NECA thread where the majority of their posts consist of their butts being hurt about how NECA releases action figures.

It's not like people don't have legitimate complaints.

And as I mentioned, I speak with my wallet - I just don't buy the reissues. I think they completely dropped the ball with the Kyle Reese figure's head sculpt, so I'm speaking with my wallet by not buying it. The added articulation for the upcoming Classic Predator reissue isn't enough to make me want to re-buy the figure, so I'm not going to.

Then again pretty much every toy company has some sort of major problem with how they release their toys - NECA releases a ton a reissues with marginal improvements over one another, Hasbro's distribution is hilariously terrible (especially when it comes to Transformers, holy shit), and Mattel legitimately hates their customers and tries to guilt-trip them into blindly subscribing for their yearly subscription plans (and I do mean "blindly" - they don't say which figures are getting released for the year until AFTER people pay for the subscriptions).

People aren't saying NECA is a bad company or that they release bad products, just that they aren't perfect and make some questionable choices. People wouldn't be as annoyed with your attitude if you acknowledged that once in a while.

xeno killer

xeno killer

I ordered the TRU Pred double pack!!!  ;D I'm loving TRU US is now shipping internationally (Australia) cause we often miss out on exclusives like these and have to pay scalper prices!!! >:(

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 02, 2012, 05:39:33 AM

And as I mentioned, I speak with my wallet - I just don't buy the reissues. I think they completely dropped the ball with the Kyle Reese figure's head sculpt, so I'm speaking with my wallet by not buying it. The added articulation for the upcoming Classic Predator reissue isn't enough to make me want to re-buy the figure, so I'm not going to.

Then again pretty much every toy company has some sort of major problem with how they release their toys - NECA releases a ton a reissues with marginal improvements over one another, Hasbro's distribution is hilariously terrible (especially when it comes to Transformers, holy shit), and Mattel legitimately hates their customers and tries to guilt-trip them into blindly subscribing for their yearly subscription plans (and I do mean "blindly" - they don't say which figures are getting released for the year until AFTER people pay for the subscriptions).

People aren't saying NECA is a bad company or that they release bad products, just that they aren't perfect and make some questionable choices. People wouldn't be as annoyed with your attitude if you acknowledged that once in a while.

I don't have to agree with their opinion...just like they don't agree with mine.

I understand that it is NECA's business model.  It works for them.
That's why there are so many new figs coming out.'
They're not a huge company like Hasbro or Mattel, so re-issues and re-use of existing parts helps them save money to put towards other figs.

Some on here don't see that though.  They just see another re-issue or re-use and label NECA as lazy or a bad company for their choices.

The fact is, we're not NECA.  If what they choose to do works for them...that's awesome...because I get more great Alien/Predator/Prometheus figures.

If others see that as "fellating" NECA...so be it, doesn't bother me in the least.
I see them as whiny butthurters who can't get past the small stuff.

Tribal

Tribal

Ok, guys!

Let's make it simple:

1- if you like it, buy it.
2- If you dont like, don't buy. But you don't need to complain about it every single time that Neca release an alternate/reissue version.

The way i see, is more like this: When you go to a shop, you see a lot of shirts (black, white, red, blue,...), but you dont have to buy all of them, just buy the one you like more. But you dont need to complain about the other colors.

And, if the next year, the shop sells the same shirt you bought, just with a pocket on the left, you dont need to buy it... you only buy if you want to! And if another guy will buy the shirt just because the left pocket, let him buy it! You dont need to complain about him too.

8)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Tribal on Dec 02, 2012, 05:38:17 PM
Ok, guys!

Let's make it simple:

1- if you like it, buy it.
2- If you dont like, don't buy. But you don't need to complain about it every single time that Neca release an alternate/reissue version.

The way i see, is more like this: When you go to a shop, you see a lot of shirts (black, white, red, blue,...), but you dont have to buy all of them, just buy the one you like more. But you dont need to complain about the other colors.

And, if the next year, the shop sells the same shirt you bought, just with a pocket on the left, you dont need to buy it... you only buy if you want to! And if another guy will buy the shirt just because the left pocket, let him buy it! You dont need to complain about him too.

8)

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Dec 02, 2012, 03:07:09 AM
Seriously, u nailed it dude.

;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Dec 02, 2012, 03:26:51 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 02, 2012, 05:39:33 AM

I don't have to agree with their opinion...just like they don't agree with mine.
You don't have to agree with their point, but you can still acknowledge that they have one. :) It's a little more tactful than "LOL butthurt people are butthurt, cry more you whiny babies LOLOLOL ;D ". Just sayin'. :)

There's plenty of people I don't agree with, but I can still see things from their point of view and say, "yes, I understand why that would bother you, even if it doesn't personally bother me."

samoht

samoht

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Dec 02, 2012, 05:37:27 AM

Coincidentally, instead of making it correct the first time around, those dildos have about 6 variations each year...

Yeah. The last one I was violated with had a shitty paint job. But when they raped me again, the paint job had improved but then some of the spikes came off.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: samoht on Dec 03, 2012, 05:45:02 AM
Quote from: Sexy Poot on Dec 02, 2012, 05:37:27 AM

Yeah. The last one I was violated with had a shitty paint job. But when they raped me again, the paint job had improved but then some of the spikes came off.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Im beginning to think the reason Sabres defends them so much to justify the $$$ he waste on having to collect every single variant they release.

uruk

uruk

heh, i'm actually pretty impressed this goes on for 145 PAGES... i'm wondering if there is a person wise enough to finally cut it.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: uruk on Dec 03, 2012, 11:04:00 AM
heh, i'm actually pretty impressed this goes on for 145 PAGES... i'm wondering if there is a person wise enough to finally cut it.

Hello person with under 400 posts. Wise enough to cut what? Were foolin around and voicing our opinions. No hate. Its nothing personal against Sabres. Dude apologized to me for something ON THE INTERNET a while ago. U don't see that too often. Just cause I disagree with the dude doesn't mean I hate the guy! Its all in good fun. Now Space Sweeper and Vakarian on the other hand...

Spoiler
Started shit with me and were crushed beneath my boots of a thousand suns.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed