NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,689 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

I'm just happy he can hold his swords

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Oct 03, 2012, 02:14:46 AM
I understand your frustration, but it's nto a cop out and they're not a shit company.

Their bottom line is profit, just like every single other company out there.

To re-package and existing 2-pack figure into a single pack and sell it equals more profit.

If they don't make profit...you don't get new figures.  It's that simple.

If only that made sense... Though this could've happened, it takes the exclusive right out of the exclusive 2-pack which held the much demanded single P2 figure. If I could've avoided the Beserker, I would've.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 08, 2012, 02:31:02 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Oct 03, 2012, 02:14:46 AM
I understand your frustration, but it's nto a cop out and they're not a shit company.

Their bottom line is profit, just like every single other company out there.

To re-package and existing 2-pack figure into a single pack and sell it equals more profit.

If they don't make profit...you don't get new figures.  It's that simple.

If only that made sense... Though this could've happened, it takes the exclusive right out of the exclusive 2-pack which held the much demanded single P2 figure. If I could've avoided the Beserker, I would've.

It makes perfect sense...from a business point of view (which most people don't see).

It makes no sense...from a collector's point of view (which most people DO see).

NECA is a business...guess which point of view they see.

LostHunter80

LostHunter80

I would agree, as much as re-packs get on my nerves they are a necessary part of business. The City Hunter is one of my favorite predators and him being an exclusive the 2-pack is an exclusive to collectors mint on card for others like me i could care less about packaging with all the detail they have and articulation i could care less about the package itself. I want to display them. So if your a mint on card kind of collector then the 2assembled pack itself is the exclusive for the berserker predator and if your after the Ghost (City Hunter) then you have the option. Either way is cool.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

And honestly, if $30 here or $20 there (spread out over SEVERAL months) is an issue to you...then maybe collecting isn't something you should be doing.  ;)

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Moneys not an issue for me at least, if anyones clicked on the link below to see my collection than they already know that  ;D Its just that when these come out every couple of months, I rather get a brand new figure than a slightly different one that  I already bought 4 months prior. Maybe im just weird like that.

Peakius Baragonius

I finally got Series 6! Such awesomeness! Interestly, Warrior/Ram comes out the best of the lot. I wish they'd used the same kind of translucent plastic for Skull/Scout that they did for the Series 3 Classic; instead, they used it for Borg, but this has the unfortunate effect of muting his color scheme somewhat.

QC issues: Ram's left elbow joint was warped slightly, meaning that the arm can only be bent like 40 degrees. Also, Skull/Scout has a slightly misaligned loincloth/codpiece that reveals the segmenting joint between the hips, and Borg has a slightly misaligned butt piece (!!!), but that should only be extremely noticeable to people with...ahem, somewhat weird tastes. :P

Despite their flaws, these figures are a good representation of the three Preds I wanted most out of the bunch! NECA definitely saved the best for last when it came to these guys and now I'm happy to have them!

Although it must be said...maybe one of the reasons these guys are so beloved is that they are, well, Lost. An ideal creature toy collection, that seemed so far away from being released...has it all been worth it?

I'd say yes.

samoht

samoht

My local comic store has only got the first wave of the lost tribe.

It's gonna be a while until I can get Borg and masked City Hunter.

Oh well, at least the store is getting these guys. Now we play the waiting game.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Any rumors about if NECA is going to release an updated Elder figure with the new body? I love the one I have, but he's pretty short compared to the others.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Oct 10, 2012, 01:54:21 PM
Any rumors about if NECA is going to release an updated Elder figure with the new body? I love the one I have, but he's pretty short compared to the others.

from twitter:

Q: Now the lost clan is complete, any thoughts on doing the AVP Predators: Scar, Celtic, Chopper & Ancient? And Wolf from AVP2?

A: maybe as of Series 10, S8 and S9 are planned out already with Dutch and maybe upgrades to the Jungle Hunter and Elder

;D

LostHunter80

LostHunter80

Any news on the release date for S8 and S9 and correct me if i am wrong, i have heard that between series 8 & 9 there will be 5 Dutchs total, i am guessing 2 for Series 8 and 2 for Series 9 also a retooled classic predator and a rumored kenner remake of one of their predators and then 1 Dutch will be an exclusive??? Can someone help me out on this

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: LostHunter80 on Oct 10, 2012, 04:13:58 PM
Any news on the release date for S8 and S9 and correct me if i am wrong, i have heard that between series 8 & 9 there will be 5 Dutchs total, i am guessing 2 for Series 8 and 2 for Series 9 also a retooled classic predator and a rumored kenner remake of one of their predators and then 1 Dutch will be an exclusive??? Can someone help me out on this

maybe they'll save the masked jungle hunter (with new articulation) and release him with a shirtless Dutch in a 2-pack, so we can pose them like this:

;)

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: Tribal on Oct 10, 2012, 02:48:32 PM

from twitter:

Q: Now the lost clan is complete, any thoughts on doing the AVP Predators: Scar, Celtic, Chopper & Ancient? And Wolf from AVP2?

A: maybe as of Series 10, S8 and S9 are planned out already with Dutch and maybe upgrades to the Jungle Hunter and Elder

;D

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic!!!  ;D

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

Quote from: Tribal on Oct 10, 2012, 02:48:32 PM

from twitter:

;D
Yes! So glad I held out on the elder the first time :D

LostHunter80

LostHunter80

So far i have had no bad figures all the ones i have managed good paint aps and tight joints no loose or stuck ones, and the elder is one of my favorites as he was pretty awesome even if all he did was give danny glover a old pistol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed