NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,046 times)

CodySpawn

CodySpawn

Quote from: AlienSpeedMetal on Oct 03, 2012, 08:25:24 AM
It makes sense that NECA would sell a Masked City Hunter as a single figure, because people will definitely buy it.  I can't begrudge a business for trying to maximize their profits.  However  :-X , I do think it's a bad business practice to trick your most loyal customers.  Remember, we are not average NECA customers - we are the small percentage of nerds that follow NECA's twitter account, go to Comic Con, place pre-orders, talk on forums, and buy every variation of one figure.  All NECA had to do, in my opinion, was give us a heads-up, via twitter, that the 2-pack was not the only way to get a Masked City Hunter.

On a side note, I think NECA owes me a free figure  :P  I spent $25 on a Masked Anytime from Amazon, and it arrived with a broken arm.  I e-mailed NECA (sent a photo of broken figure and scanned sales receipt) and NECA said NOT to return it, that they'd send a replacement arm.  Well, they didn't!  Too much time passed, so Amazon wouldn't accept a return.  So I contacted NECA 2 more times, and they asked for new photos/receipts, which I sent.  That was last Christmas... I never received a new arm, nor a response to my e-mails.

My unmasked Pussyface has 2 arms.  My masked Anytime has 1 arm.  Oh, the nerdy irony...  :P

wth? neca said in the past it would be releashed as a single figure they just didnt know when or if the line would continue so he it was put in a 2 pack which i didnt like it either but i brought it to get the figure without waiting a year for.

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71220&page=820 and its the same way with gort/ guardian if you didnt want to wait you could buy it early type of deals

AlienSpeedMetal

AlienSpeedMetal

I was under the impression that an individually-packed Masked City Hunter wasn't mentioned by NECA until 2012, months after the 2-pack was released.  If I was incorrect, then I apologize for the rant... well, the first part of the rant.  They still screwed me on Anytime's replacement arm  >:(

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

I too have never once heard them mention it would be sold separately. If that was the case, I would have waited.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Oct 03, 2012, 05:48:38 PM
I too have never once heard them mention it would be sold separately. If that was the case, I would have waited.

Exactly like everyone else would have done had they done that...again, cutting into their profits.

Wise up guys...NECA is a C O M P A N Y...they're out to make a profit selling their product. 

If people don't buy it...they don't make a profit...we don't get more figs.

They will only continue to sell what is profitable.

It's just that simple and should, by now, come as NO surprise to anyone.

Bat Chain Puller

Tell it like it is brother Sabres.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

I'm 99% sure they said it would be released on a card eventually. I actually thought about waiting, and then decided I'd rather have Pussyface early. I sold the half-cloaked berserker and never looked back...and I'd do it again. Pussyface is f**king awesome.

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

And I don't see the problem, I ether way you have The City Hunter so what's it matter? Unless you realy hate the camo Berserker or paid a higher-then-store-price for it :/

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: HUGZZ on Oct 03, 2012, 07:20:51 PM
And I don't see the problem, I ether way you have The City Hunter so what's it matter? Unless you realy hate the camo Berserker or paid a higher-then-store-price for it :/

Exactly, this works out well for those who couldn't afford the 2-pack or who didn't want to spend the extra for the Camo Berserker.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

I really don't care as bad as I make it out to be (or is interpreted over the internet).
Either way I own what I own. Just a peeve I have from a loyal customers point of view.

Tell it like it is brother Sexy Poot.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: Tribal on Oct 02, 2012, 10:27:19 PM
From twitter:

Blister layout for Big Red coming in Series 7 this November. Features the new improved articulation on lower body

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7jkitNDXrBQ/UGtpxaImltI/AAAAAAAAEpQ/X-dGf8HwH0A/s1600/bigred.jpg

Blister layout for Masked City Hunter coming in Series 7 this November

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D4s2JM_kl48/UGtpxy3A1CI/AAAAAAAAEpc/ithiuQGj4oU/s1600/P2blister.jpg
I'll pass on the the Big Red Predator. He looks cool but I only collect predators that make appear in the films. As for the City Hunter I'm not pissed they are selling him by himself. I enjoyed the two pack. Already have city hunter. Plus I may be one of the few collectors who had love for the camo Berserker Predator that came along with him.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Ur gonna miss out man! This is a big deal, having a figure for a fan-made creation from a fan-made short. They'll always be the movies renditions but to have a figure like this is great.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Oct 04, 2012, 09:04:57 PM
Ur gonna miss out man! This is a big deal, having a figure for a fan-made creation from a fan-made short. They'll always be the movies renditions but to have a figure like this is great.
didn't know hes a fan made predator. That does raise some interest.

Who knows maybe I'll get him. I remember when series 1 came out I told myself I would only buy ONE predator. Being Berserker masked. Fast forward to the future I have the whole set. So much for buying one  :D

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Haha thats how the collections start! I had 1 Tsukuda Japanese figure, now I have all but 1. Had 1 alien warrior cosbaby, now I have the both the AvP and AvP:R lines! It just spirals dude, but the collection I have now is mighty powerful.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Predalien91 on Oct 04, 2012, 09:20:45 PM
Quote from: Sexy Poot on Oct 04, 2012, 09:04:57 PM
didn't know hes a fan made predator.

yep.

from this fan-made short movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j7d3lIAkes#ws

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

To be fair he's a fan-made design that's based on one of the filmmakers' rejected designs for 'Predator 2'. The guy who made 'Batman: Dead End' apparently worked on 'Predator 2' and did concept art for the Lost Preds at the end of the movie, and Big Red is one of the designs they didn't end up using so he used it in his Batman fanfilm.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed