NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,554 times)

uruk

uruk

whoever wrote that was either stupid or can't see... it IS the same head, it's just painted differently - P1's mask was painted silver and washed with dark brown paint, while Scout's was drybrushed...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Nope, it's actually different - the best example is the eye lenses on the mask - on the Classic Predator/Anytime, they're smooth, and on Scout they're not. I imagine the new Scout head is the head they'll be using for the "improved" Anytime figure we're getting in a future wave that has P2-body articulation.

I got my S6 set in the mail yesterday, I like them quite a bit. I think Scout is the weakest of the bunch because he really is Pussyface's body with Anytime's mask; even having a new sculpt doesn't really change that, it's just how the costume was designed in the movie.

I like Ram's mask, but I think Borg is the most visually striking of the three. his torso armor and gauntlets are very different (although his right gauntlet's little "hoses" interfere with his ability to bend his elbow, but whatever) and he comes with a neat little sword. He's also got the closed-mouth face sculpt, making him the only of my Predators to have one.

Definitely looking forward to more Predators from NECA. I'm not sure if I'll be getting a Dutch figure or not, I'll have to see it in person. I mean Dutch is pretty cool and all, but NECA kind of already fulfilled my "Schwarzenegger action figure" niche with their Terminator stuff.

I'm looking forward to Big Red and whatever their Kenner homage figure ends up being, although I hope they don't take the easy way out and have it be the Renegade Predator and just do a repaint of Anytime or something. I'm not sure if I'll get the improved Anytime or not. I mean having more articulation is cool and all, but the one I've got is getting the job done just fine. If that's $18 I can save for a NECA figure I actually want, then I think that's a better use of my money.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Yeah I wanted Warrior the most, but after seeing Borg, hes definitely the best of the bunch. His futuristic armor and awesome green paint job really make him stand out.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

All three really are fantastic. Now I really want a redo of Anytime and the Elder, to complete the collection. Then, bring on Dutch and his team...particularly Blaine!

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

I agree, those god forsaken swivel joints bring down those figures a lot, hope the new alien figures won't have them.

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 18, 2012, 10:40:28 PM
I'm not sure if I'll get the improved Anytime or not. I mean having more articulation is cool and all, but the one I've got is getting the job done just fine. If that's $18 I can save for a NECA figure I actually want, then I think that's a better use of my money.

I'm definetly going to get all of the new Anytimes they put out. An open and closed mouth version using the whistish translucent-type plastic from the 1/4th and series 3 classic Anytime will look better than the yellowish plastic used on the ones we have now.

More than llikely they will be put out like this:

November: Get open mouth Anytime (with the new plastic) with wounded City Hunter in TRU exclusive 2-pack

Series 8- Closed mouth Anytime (with the new plastic), 2 different Dutch's

Series 9- Masked Anytime (using the improved Scout's mask), and 2 more Dutch's

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I always prioritize masked Predators and I hate getting duplicates, so I'll be passing on the unmasked Anytime entirely. I've got plenty of unmasked Predators from the Lost Preds. :)

CodySpawn

CodySpawn

Quote from: Jace Madan on Sep 20, 2012, 05:20:36 AM
I'm not sure if I'll get the improved Anytime or not. I mean having more articulation is cool and all, but the one I've got is getting the job done just fine. If that's $18 I can save for a NECA figure I actually want, then I think that's a better use of my money.

I'm definetly going to get all of the new Anytimes they put out. An open and closed mouth version using the whistish translucent-type plastic from the 1/4th and series 3 classic Anytime will look better than the yellowish plastic used on the ones we have now.

November: Get open mouth Anytime (with the new plastic) with wounded City Hunter in TRU exclusive 2-pack

lol i hope thats just ur fantasy world and not true thats too many dutches. im not to keen on buying humans over and over if their the same guy. and anyways i dont think neca would turn the predator line into a human line it would die fast

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: CodySpawn on Sep 20, 2012, 09:58:16 AM

lol i hope thats just ur fantasy world and not true thats too many dutches. im not to keen on buying humans over and over if their the same guy. and anyways i dont think neca would turn the predator line into a human line it would die fast

Actually, Randy already said on twitter there will be 5 different figures of Dutch, not just 4  ;D

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

Quote from: Tribal on Sep 20, 2012, 05:13:09 PM
Quote from: CodySpawn on Sep 20, 2012, 09:58:16 AM

Actually, Randy already said on twitter there will be 5 different figures of Dutch, not just 4  ;D
5!! WTF I don't even think Dutch had that many different looks in the movie
-normal/first arrival
-later on/ sans the undershirt
- mud covered
- battle damaged
What are they gonna give him the outfit he has when he meets Dillon?

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Its NECA, they'll find a way to squeeze money out of as many variants as possible.

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 20, 2012, 08:03:21 PM
Its NECA, they'll find a way to squeeze money out of as many variants as possible.
Your probably right, after all they did make 7 different wolf predators from almost the exact same mold XD

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Its pathetic dude, but hey, people buy em so...

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: HUGZZ on Sep 20, 2012, 07:09:28 PM
5!! WTF I don't even think Dutch had that many different looks in the movie
-normal/first arrival
-later on/ sans the undershirt
- mud covered
- battle damaged
What are they gonna give him the outfit he has when he meets Dillon?

I think they will make these outfits:

First arrival:

Green/camo shirt:

Without the shirt:

mud covered:

and a battle damaged figure from the "encounter" scene (maybe in a 2-pack with the masked new-articulation P1):

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

I still think the shirtless version and mud covered is enough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed