NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,544 times)

Master

Master

The point is, making whole new production line in order to make just few models is just ridicullous. Think about production costs.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

What's the point in remaking all the Series 1 - 3 Predators when they are fine as they are? Tooling new articulation would cost a lot. Plus, Neca are busy with the new Evil Dead, Jason Voorhees, Gremlins and Predator 2 lines. It would be time consuming and they want to get on with projects such as these.

walker31

walker31

That is a crazy argument.  We should just be thankful we have predator figures at all?!!  They have our money, they had no problem taking it, and we got an inferior product.  They should strive to make a superior product and please the customer.  When Chevy or Toyota have to recall automobiles, they dont say we should just deal with it cuz its too expensive to fix and just appreciate that we have something to drive!!

And, dont talk down to us and say we dont understand the manufacturing process!  Unless you are a NECA CEO, then you dont either!  Its about fixing a mistake, not ignoring it or hiding behind the "cost".  People at one time took pride in their work and took care of their customers.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: thespiderman209 on Feb 10, 2012, 05:53:16 AM

How would a limited edition cost to much? It'll just be a limited supply of figures that will be sold out in the public, plus these new predators compared to the original one with the lame swivels just make them look so obsolete. I'm happy with what I got and im happy with what NECA is doing. And no one is complaining here, we are just spreading our ideas and opinions of what we as consumers would like to have. So before you post comments saying were complaining and unsatisfied really look and read what we are saying instead of making assumptions.

Sorry if i was too harsh with you. Thats not my intention  :(

But i read all replies from NECA's twitter everyday, and people keep asking this. And Randy already explained many times. Making a new figure, doesnt matter if is a limited edition or a regular edition, costs the same. Understand?

Doest matter if you make 10 figures or 1000 figures, the costs are the same. You have to spend money (and time) with the sculptors, the molds for the factories, the prototypes, tooling the machines for production... everything is the same!

Thats why the "exclusives" figures are just a regular figure (already made) only with a different head or paintjob.

;)

Quote from: walker31 on Feb 10, 2012, 01:44:38 PM

Its about fixing a mistake,

But that's no mistakes here, mate.

The figures are perfect the way they are.

They're not broken, understand?

If NECA release the AVP predators with a new/amazing/improved/awesome new articulation, you will say the Lost Predators were a mistake too? They would have to make all of them again?

When Chevy or Toyota have to recall automobiles, they dont say we should just deal with it cuz its too expensive to fix and just appreciate that we have something to drive!!

But if the figures are broken, you can just ask NECA for a new one. And, like Chevy or Toyota, they will fix that for you.

In this case, figures arent broken. That's nothing to fix here.

8)

That is a crazy argument.  We should just be thankful we have predator figures at all?!! 

Well, no... but if they wanted, they could keep the low-articulation-type-figure (like Wolf and the mcfarlane ones) and charge the same amount of money. And people would still buy it.

You already saw the price of the Mcfarlane figures (with almost no articulation and no movie accuracy) at ebay?  :o

This guy only have ball-jointed neck and shoulders, and standard swivels at the elbows, wrists, waist, hips and ankles.
Not even a knee articulation  :o

Yep, i think people would still buy predators from NECA even if they were statues.

But, no... they are improving the figures in every series... that's why we should be thankful 

8)

Master

Master

@_Tribal

I agree with you in every aspect, but have too play as Devil`s Advocate at one thing. McFarlane`s P2 and AvP Preds have ball jointed hips, ankles, shoulders and moving knees. The torso is also moving in few points and I can pose my McFarlane P2 much better then any Predator figure relesed by NECA so far. Still NECA`s sculpts are superior and I`m super happy with their models.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

That is a crazy argument.  We should just be thankful we have predator figures at all?!!  They have our money, they had no problem taking it, and we got an inferior product.  They should strive to make a superior product and please the customer.  When Chevy or Toyota have to recall automobiles, they dont say we should just deal with it cuz its too expensive to fix and just appreciate that we have something to drive!!

And, dont talk down to us and say we dont understand the manufacturing process!  Unless you are a NECA CEO, then you dont either!  Its about fixing a mistake, not ignoring it or hiding behind the "cost".  People at one time took pride in their work and took care of their customers.

That doesn't make any sense. That's like saying you should be able to trade in your 2009 Chevy for a 2012 model at no cost to you, simply because the newer model has newer features.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Getting ready for the Toy Fair from Neca.

Tribal

Tribal

Dont forget the banner:

About the Alien Warrior, Randy said:

we've been doing that license for a few years now. Are we doing more maybe maybe not?

:D

walker31

walker31

Yes, it does make sense in the fact that if you take your 2011 toyota in because of a brake recall, they fix it at no additional cost to the customer.  Wasnt implying trade it in for a newer one, just fix the product at no additional cost to the consumer and do not have the attitude that the consumer should just be grateful and deal with it.  AND, I didnt realize until I reread some other posts that NECA does replace figures that are broken with the newer ones at no additional costs.  That was my bad.  I just dont think a company like NECA should ever feel like we should be grateful to them because they produce our Predator figures, and think they can then put out inferior product that we have to accept.  The music industry did this for years to consumers by overcharging for CDs and not putting a full quality album together, and now, we just download the songs we like and bypass the hardcopy altogether.  Nobody hardly rushes out to their local music store and purchases a new album, its mainly gone digital.  Anytime in history that a company thought they had a monopoly on a market and took advantage of consumers, once a different choice came along people left that company like the Titanic.  look at Kodiac, Sony, or Blockbuster.  Bottom line is I like their products, but they should appreciate the money their customers pay out to THEM!  I think many of you here are under 21, and probably dont have full time jobs and such, but what little money you do get you exchange for their product, and THEY should be thankful!

Tribal

Tribal

@walker31

Well, i have 37 years old, and have a fulltime job since i was 17.

But that's not the point.

The point is NECA dont have monopoly on the market. There are tons of other companies making action figures out there. But if you look at their products, compared to NECA's, they look like crap (apart from Hot Toys, but their products are too expensive for me).

Look at Marvel Legends series. Crap
Look at DC Direct figures. Crap
Look at the World of Warcraft series (from DC direct). Statues
Look at the God of War series (again from DC direct). Statues
Look at Halo series by Mcfarlane. Too smal = Crap
Mezco have some cool Hellboy figures. But that's it...

Neca make cool action figures with amazing sculptures and awesome articulation (their paint job its not the best, but its better than the other companies)

You just have to look at the amount of crapy action figures out there to realize that NECA made the best ones.

I'm always thankful when i saw a new series from NECA, because i know that will be amazingly done

(and it will be cheap, lets not forget this)   ;D

Peace, man  8)

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Quote from: Tribal on Feb 10, 2012, 08:41:37 PM

Dont forget the banner:

About the Alien Warrior, Randy said:

we've been doing that license for a few years now. Are we doing more maybe maybe not?

:D

I wonder if they will make a new 7" warrior with an updated sculpt, or if they willl make an 1/4th scale warrior figure.

walker31

walker31

Tribal,

I agree with everything you just said.  I think NECA is the best at their sculpts, the price range is very fair, and I love that they have finally made the Lost Preds.  I am excited as hell about the Toy Fair, and cant wait to buy the next series of Predators.  I guess what made me go on a rampage was the vibe I was getting that we as the consumer should just be grateful that NECA is making anything Predator, and if there are some problems along the way we should just accept it and forget about the money we have paid.  NECA, as good as they are, arent donating these figures to us, we all are paying for them, a lot of money for the 18 inch Figs.  NECA isnt a non profit organization, last time I checked.

Another way to say this is the same way I feel about certain movie celebs who made their fortune off hard working, blue collar workers, who each paid their money at the box office that MADE the star who they are, only for the celeb to then act as if they are too good to speak to the common man.  NECA should never take the fans' money for granted. thats my point.

thespiderman209

thespiderman209

Geez look at what I started, but yeah I  guess it would be a waste of time to make the old stuff better, but I dont think NECA listens to their customers. I went to customer service a year ago about a defective predator I bought and I havent gotten a reply since. I also try to twitter nothing, I also keep sending emails to customer service and nothing, so I dont really know what to say about NECA. They make great toys but they dont listen to customers like me.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

When's the date of Toyfair 2012?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed