NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,668 times)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Oh shit, that's right.  I remember someone already corrected me on that before.   :-[

thespiderman209

thespiderman209

Quote from: Requiem28 on Feb 02, 2012, 11:38:35 PM
Oh shit, that's right.  I remember someone already corrected me on that before.   :-[
Its still a cool design, plus it is pretty similar....

darylox

darylox

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Feb 02, 2012, 05:28:41 PM
I was just thinking, what if the Predator 2 exclusive is perhaps an early concept of City Hunter?

No !
EXCLUSIVE = 18"

;D

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: darylox on Feb 04, 2012, 01:57:17 AM
Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Feb 02, 2012, 05:28:41 PM
I was just thinking, what if the Predator 2 exclusive is perhaps an early concept of City Hunter?

No !
EXCLUSIVE = 18"

;D

Why would you want it only as an exclusive? 8)

For the 7 inch at least, I definitely want a removable-arm, battle damaged City Hunter with a rebreather and maybe, just maybe a separate backpack piece?

Also, will the rest of the Lost Predators be able to hold their discs without lots of help from hot water?

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

In prototype pictures, Gort, Snake and Brother Boar's right hands are crunched.

Shame this is the only picture of Series 5, as of late.

thespiderman209

thespiderman209

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Feb 04, 2012, 02:01:37 PM

these prototypes look awkward, looks like im only gonna pick the gort figure up from this wave

Peakius Baragonius

There was a picture a while back of the unpainted figures; Brother Boar had a spear-holding right hand, while Snake and Gort had the splayed hands. It's almost impossible to tell whether they can hold the discs or not from there, though, but I'll wager that Snake will be able to as he as fewer weapons, while Gort will mysteriously have a splayed hand that conveniently means you'll have to buy extra figures in order to customize a disc-holding hand. Seriously though, just let them hold the discs, pleeease!

Quote from: thespiderman209 on Feb 05, 2012, 10:29:06 PM

these prototypes look awkward, looks like im only gonna pick the gort figure up from this wave

Well, more chance of Getting Snake and BB then! Thanks pal!  :)

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Though doubtful, I hope they give Snake an alternate hand for holding the retracted combi-stick as he did in the film.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Feb 06, 2012, 06:27:25 PM
Though doubtful, I hope they give Snake an alternate hand for holding the retracted combi-stick as he did in the film.

He held it in his left hand, they'll have him hold it there, don't worry. As for Brother Boar, well, it looks like his disc will be spending a lot of time in its holster  :-\

georgeromero

georgeromero

I haven't heard it before but what was the early concept for City Hunter? Is there an actual picture of him?

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

^ Truth to be told, I haven't seen it for myself. If anywhere, it should be definately in Stan Winston's book or could just simply look up on Google Images. Shouldn't be much different than what it is now.

thespiderman209

thespiderman209

They should at least redo the predators from series 1-3 with the new articulation, and even though they said they wont do it because of money problems, they should make it a limited edition type of thing instead of distributing their normal number of toys they let out

walker31

walker31

Or allow a recall type scenero where you could trade in your old one for the newer one.  I still have my series 1 in their packages and dont want to take them out now for fear they will break or be defective.  Then, they could melt down the crap ones and recycle them into new figures, maybe.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: thespiderman209 on Feb 10, 2012, 03:33:04 AM
They should at least redo the predators from series 1-3 with the new articulation, and even though they said they wont do it because of money problems, they should make it a limited edition type of thing instead of distributing their normal number of toys they let out

That's even worse. Tooling new figures just for a limited edition cost too much. Just doesn't work  :P

Quote from: walker31 on Feb 10, 2012, 03:47:58 AM
Or allow a recall type scenero where you could trade in your old one for the newer one.  I still have my series 1 in their packages and dont want to take them out now for fear they will break or be defective.  Then, they could melt down the crap ones and recycle them into new figures, maybe.

Yep. And NECA goes bankrupt. No more toys them. The end.  8)

Looks like you guys doesnt understand what's happening here.
We should be thankful that NECA improved the articulation of the new preds.

Just it.

It's not cool at all to complain about the other series at this point.
We loved all of them when they came out (even Wolf, wich i still love).

NECA could just keeping make predators with the same old articulation and people would still buying them, but no, they wanted to make better toys, so we should be glad for that.

What if NECA improve one more time the articulations for the next series?
You guys will want a remake of all the lost preds with the new articulation?

Seriously, you guys are never satisfied  ::)

thespiderman209

thespiderman209

Quote from: Tribal on Feb 10, 2012, 05:22:09 AM
Quote from: thespiderman209 on Feb 10, 2012, 03:33:04 AM

That's even worse. Tooling new figures just for a limited edition cost too much. Just doesn't work  :P

Quote from: walker31 on Feb 10, 2012, 03:47:58 AM

Yep. And NECA goes bankrupt. No more toys them. The end.  8)

Looks like you guys doesnt understand what's happening here.
We should be thankful that NECA improved the articulation of the new preds.

Just it.

It's not cool at all to complain about the other series at this point.
We loved all of them when they came out (even Wolf, wich i still love).

NECA could just keeping make predators with the same old articulation and people would still buying them, but no, they wanted to make better toys, so we should be glad for that.

What if NECA improve one more time the articulations for the next series?
You guys will want a remake of all the lost preds with the new articulation?

Seriously, you guys are never satisfied  ::)

How would a limited edition cost to much? It'll just be a limited supply of figures that will be sold out in the public, plus these new predators compared to the original one with the lame swivels just make them look so obsolete. I'm happy with what I got and im happy with what NECA is doing. And no one is complaining here, we are just spreading our ideas and opinions of what we as consumers would like to have. So before you post comments saying were complaining and unsatisfied really look and read what we are saying instead of making assumptions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed