NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,555 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Unboxing and review is finally up!

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Sep 20, 2023, 04:18:42 AMUnboxing and review is finally up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTLpN4l3tzM
Outstanding review! Honestly really love the lighting, the music, the shots you took of Feral and the whole review answered every question I had so well done! I also can't believe I was not subscribed to your channel, so I subscribed.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Sep 20, 2023, 05:07:47 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Sep 20, 2023, 04:18:42 AMUnboxing and review is finally up!

Outstanding review! Honestly really love the lighting, the music, the shots you took of Feral and the whole review answered every question I had so well done! I also can't believe I was not subscribed to your channel, so I subscribed.

Thank you! I probably put too much effort into shooting these videos, but it's comments like this that make me know the work isn't for nothing. I really appreciate the kind words and the subscribe too!

Also, admittedly I was rushing this video to get it out and be one of the first. Hopefully that doesn't show too much in the final results here!

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Sep 20, 2023, 05:12:35 AM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Sep 20, 2023, 05:07:47 AM

Thank you! I probably put too much effort into shooting these videos, but it's comments like this that make me know the work isn't for nothing. I really appreciate the kind words and the subscribe too!

Also, admittedly I was rushing this video to get it out and be one of the first. Hopefully that doesn't show too much in the final results here!
You are most welcome! You did an excellent job here, It truly looks professional. The fact it looked that good for when you were rushing is astonishing. I definitely look forward to future content!

Mike’s Monsters

Love to hear that! Thank you!

It's not often I find myself being one of the first to get my hands on a figure that hasn't had a lot of chatter online yet for my personal channel.

I dealt with that all the time at my previous job at Bandai, but rarely for my own collection and channel. So I had to jump on the opportunity and churn a video out. Gotta jump on that algorithm!

My computer on the other hand slowed the process way down. But really glad I pulled it off!

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I finally got Feral in hand! What an excellent figure! The only thing I did was pour some boiling water on the dreadlocks from a kettle all around them and then squeeze/clench them together and but my hand and figure/dreadlocks under cold water for 10 seconds to get them to lay down better. Everything else is just the figure right out of the packaging. He looks excellent and functions better than basically every other Neca predator. Every single accessory can go on his back which is so awesome! I highly recommend this figure! This last shot was before i heat treated the dreadlocks so they stuck out a little more.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I have noticed that this figure has hands sculpted for some of the accessories we were shown early on but didn't make into the final figure.
There's a cupped hand to hold a loose netball and a pinching hand to hold the chain cutter device.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 22, 2023, 12:23:22 AMI have noticed that this figure has hands sculpted for some of the accessories we were shown early on but didn't make into the final figure.
There's a cupped hand to hold a loose netball and a pinching hand to hold the chain cutter device.
You are absolutely correct, I truly wish they had included the net ball and clamp cutter and healing tool they presented in the first teaser/reveal during the 31 days of Halloween thing.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Great review! Always appreciate seeing more extensive figure reviews that touch on the specifics & you covered it all for the Feral.

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 22, 2023, 12:23:22 AMI have noticed that this figure has hands sculpted for some of the accessories we were shown early on but didn't make into the final figure.

Interesting, I can't remember if I had seen anything that showed those before. Any chance you have an image of what you were shown early that had some of the other accessories? Just curious my friend.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

A small update for my display for Feral.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: pmaz11 on Sep 22, 2023, 01:21:34 AM

Great review! Always appreciate seeing more extensive figure reviews that touch on the specifics & you covered it all for the Feral.

Interesting, I can't remember if I had seen anything that showed those before. Any chance you have an image of what you were shown early that had some of the other accessories? Just curious my friend.

Here's the original lineup of accessories

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

He's looking much better in these later pictures! Definitely going to pick one up myself when they make it to my side of the pond.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Interesting to see him so tall compares to the others.
Was that something NECA made up?

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 22, 2023, 12:57:28 PMInteresting to see him so tall compares to the others.
Was that something NECA made up?
I think when they did the sculpt perhaps it was something that just translated into being larger maybe unintentionally.  Possibly maybe they wanted him specifically much taller than a potential Naru figure they may have planned. She would be around 7 inch scale as far as Neca females have been in the past and would be a bit tall for say the jungle hunter sculpt, much like Neca's Machiko who was nearly as tall as broken Tusk.  Now for the film, Feral is around 7' 6" so some inches under Jungle Hunter. Oh I finally finished setting Feral up, finalizing the pose I was after and trying out lighting and turning the winter diorama into the ash forest from Prey. I utilized the Neca package insert as the background for the diorama until I can order a larger one.

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

Nice review!

I like your size comparison you had. Then just bout fell over when you brought out the Sam from Trick 'r Treat. I personally think it's pretty cool magnet features are being added.

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Sep 21, 2023, 10:51:37 PMI finally got Feral in hand! What an excellent figure! The only thing I did was pour some boiling water on the dreadlocks from a kettle all around them and then squeeze/clench them together and but my hand and figure/dreadlocks under cold water for 10 seconds to get them to lay down better. Everything else is just the figure right out of the packaging. He looks excellent and functions better than basically every other Neca predator. Every single accessory can go on his back which is so awesome! I highly recommend this figure! This last shot was before i heat treated the dreadlocks so they stuck out a little more.

I'm loving your setup and the killer background.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed