NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,650 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Trust me, I just ran around Manhattan NYC checking every collectibles shop I could, knowing that it's sitting in a shop in Manhattan Beach CA.

I'll be able to go there Saturday when I'm home from this work trip but I so wish i was home now to drive over and grab it. I've wanted this figure since Ridgetop and I saw the SDCC screening.

I'm going to take TONS of photos of this one.

pmaz11

pmaz11

I should be receiving 1 tomorrow & I'll upload a couple pictures.

Surprised more physical pictures aren't online anywhere & that a video review hasn't been done yet, but soon I'm sure.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Finally got to opening up the Feral Predator & it is definitely a GREAT addition to the NECA line! The details everywhere are on point and I love the number of accessories and extra hands (plus 2 sets of mandibles) that this figure comes with! The detachable helmet is a huge plus too & again, they painted details on the inside of it 8)

*2 things to note:
#1) The collapsed spear is supposed to hang on 2 small plastic hooks (fragile) on the figure's back waistline. The box shows instructions on the bottom. But they 100% could get lost and/or break eventually I'm sure. so I would suggest coming up with a safe hack to get the spear to go on those hooks. In last picture, I used a necklace clasp and looped just 1 hook through the small hole. Saving the other hook as a backup and works good enough for now

#2) The medkit backpack attaches by magnet, which I think is inside the backpack and/or the back of the figure as well. Not super strong, so it can fall off easy. But still a fun switch I suppose on the new accessory. Also, the spear gun doesn't attach anywhere on the left side of the back. Just have to prop it within the dreadlocks really.

Here are images to share:

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Maybe it's just the angle, but that mask looks TERRIBLE! 

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 16, 2023, 05:12:19 AMMaybe it's just the angle, but that mask looks TERRIBLE! 
I think it's the flash personally, if the photos were taken in a properly lit environment, it would not look bad I think.

Mike’s Monsters

Got my Feral in my hands at a shop right now. Will have him open and shooting a video of him later. Gonna try to have it up in the next few days.

Dino21AvP

Dino21AvP

Solid looking figure. I will definitely be picking one up.

littlesprout

littlesprout

I don't think it's anything to do with the figure but man I just do not like the prey design. Really wish they stuck with a primitive traditional predator design

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

My initial thoughts are they did a damn good job with this one. They've made some interesting choices in some spots, example being the way you place the wrist blades. Had some difficulty putting mine in. Will hit on my critiques in a video.

But overall, they done good.

Edit with a tweet featuring pictures:

https://twitter.com/mikes_monsters/status/1703166445461663874?s=46

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Update: I changed my opinion based on new information and a review I just watched on YouTube. It is much better and more accurate than I thought. The only thing is the wrist finger/spike/claw is still missing but it is missing in more than a few scenes and visible on close up shots and BTS photos.                                           
    1. Update: The left gauntlet is accurate on the left side, it's just the closed configuration.                                                                                                 
    2. Update: None of the Neca hands have the extra finger appendage near the wrist, it's just missing on their sculpt, but you can see it on the screen with or without it depending on the scene and also it's there in behind the scenes.         
                                                                                                                      3. Update: dreadlocks are not as bad as I thought originally.                                                                                                 
    4. Update: The paint is not as poorly executed in many sections as I originally believed, though the legs and arms could be better. Now I do think they did great with the magnetic med kit and magnetic spear gun, and the sculpt on the weapons and accessories are top notch as well. Hand reference:

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Got mine today and I'm really loving it.
The mask looks a lot better in person.

The dreads are not as clumped together as I'd originally feared and they even sculpted the back spines that go across the shoulders.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 19, 2023, 01:34:22 AMGot mine today and I'm really loving it.

The dreads are not as clumped together as I'd originally feared and they even sculpted the back spines that go across the shoulders.

Oh no kidding? Yeah maybe seeing more photos would help my opinion be less negative. Update: Lol I just saw a review on YouTube and it completely changed my mind, so I updated my prior post. It looks excellent and well done. Though I still would like to see some photos anyway haha.                                              Also a quick tip if you want the dreads to hang closer to the head and contour to the body, just dip the head up to the high middle of the dreadlocks in boiling water for about 5-10 seconds, clench them in your hand to get them closer together and put them under cold water and they will sit more like in the film.

Mike’s Monsters

Hoping to have my video review/unboxing up within the next 24 hours.

Took a couple photos of him as well that will go along with the video. I've posted one already:

https://twitter.com/mikes_monsters/status/1703249047908401462

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Sep 19, 2023, 02:07:16 AMHoping to have my video review/unboxing up within the next 24 hours.

Took a couple photos of him as well that will go along with the video. I've posted one already:

https://twitter.com/mikes_monsters/status/1703249047908401462
I'm excited to see your review!

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 19, 2023, 01:34:22 AMGot mine today and I'm really loving it.

I'm with you on these points for sure. I actually thought the helmet had a fantastic design and color finish on it, the dreads are more split individually than previously thought & I love that they did include the shoulder spikes/quills!
(Also, the spear gun does have a SMALL magnet/metal in the middle. It hardly sticks to the figure's back, but there is still one in the gun for sure)

I see what Bad Blood pointed out about the 3 detonating bombs on the left gauntlet & [Edit: the other option was that the gauntlet was closed, which seems to be the case here & totally works just fine].

I did want share a couple more pictures of the Feral Predator (not professional photography by any means), but just to show a few extra accessories I gave him & also a quick custom Netball I made. [Went McGuyver and used 2 sides of metal thumb tacks and wrapped part of a thin black necklace chain on the inside to make the net part of it]. It's not NECA quality really or anything, but hopefully it looks enough like the Netball?

*** Is this still NECA's last Predator figure for sure, regardless of any new movies or material that comes out?? ***

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed