NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,143 times)

Master Chief

Master Chief

If the package doesn't include Sarii, no thanks.

Joseph V

Joseph V

I am not digging this sculpt at all. The head looks off; especially the eyes, and the body looks like feral is on Ozempic.
Bummer, I was really looking forward to this.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I don't care what the unmasked face looks like because mine is going to spend its entire life with the mask on.

Yeaok

Yeaok

Usually the collectibles can make a trash design somewhat respectable. This figure, much like the movie, is pure garbage. Can't wait to walk by it

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Joseph V on May 05, 2023, 07:35:55 PMI am not digging this sculpt at all. The head looks off; especially the eyes, and the body looks like feral is on Ozempic.

Yeah, Neca's going out with a whimper not a bang, finally it's a Predator sculpted with no passion just like most of their Aliens.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 06, 2023, 06:12:39 AM
Quote from: Joseph V on May 05, 2023, 07:35:55 PMI am not digging this sculpt at all. The head looks off; especially the eyes, and the body looks like feral is on Ozempic.

Yeah, Neca's going out with a whimper not a bang, finally it's a Predator sculpted with no passion just like most of their Aliens.
I definitely noticed this one was lacking in sculpt and paint compared to the usual Predator releases, just releasing it just for the sake of shutting fans up about it as they believe Predator is no longer a lucrative line anymore. What's ironic is it has gotten 10 times as many likes and comments as anything they have revealed in the last year, the tmnt reveals get maybe 200-500 likes compared to Feral getting 3.5 thousand in a day, their Instagram and Facebook both show people were looking forward to this but they just didn't even try anyway unfortunately.

SiL

SiL

I dunno, I think the head sculpt looks suitably awful.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Yeaok on May 06, 2023, 04:17:51 AMUsually the collectibles can make a trash design somewhat respectable. This figure, much like the movie, is pure garbage. Can't wait to walk by it

Yeah that worked nicely with Scar. NECA did wonders there. But Scar was still a lot closer to traditional Predator designs that re-working the design didn't take much.

In order to make Feral look good, his design would have to be completely changed. There's no saving the travesty that it already is.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

No, this figure looks bad because it looks bad, not because Feral is "garbage" or a "travesty". If this figure had a decent paintjob and hair sculp it would look way better.

It's also worth noting they downgraded the hair mold from the prototype to now

And it's not like they couldn't make the body painting and sculp look good despite the Predator being mostly naked, they have made those kinds of design look good painting wise before.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Where is my Hot Toys Feral!?!

- a guy with Predator/alien hot toys

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Here are some completely unedited photos of the Shaman Predator Night Battle Winter Diorama.

PVC

PVC

Hi. Terrible beast. Terrible design. Terrible figure  terrible face  But it's not Necca 's fault. How can you make something good with such a crap design. But this time Necca , terrible job. Too much hair ( not anymore dreadlocks)    What a stupid ridiculous " predator "..... no , it's not a predator.   If there is a further movie , please stop destroying icons
Now you can realize how bad it is   Some of you will have that 50$ piece of plastic in your hands. You ll realize how bad it is.  No..... next

426Buddy

426Buddy

Looks okay... happy it's coming. The dreads are very poorly done.

I do love Ferals design in the film though.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Seeing the unmasked head for the action figure just reminds me of how much I dislike the unmasked design in the movie.

I know this is the wrong thread for it but they really goofed up when they decided to redesign the Predator. Like, I mean, conceptually I get why they did it, and I understand that the artist who did it actually did in fact put a lot of careful thought into it to explain how the environmental factors would result in a different-looking Predator. I'm fine with that, I can respect that.

It doesn't mean I have to like the end result.

SiL

SiL

There was a design in the Prey sub forum where an artist had applied the same motivation concepts, but kept it on the framework of the classic head shape. I liked that much better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed