NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,981 times)

Predalien39

Predalien39

Ugh, that face...  The figure really makes you realize how bad it is.  At least the mask is awesome.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

They forgot the back armor housing to hold the spear gun.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Master on May 04, 2023, 06:51:19 AMThe question is, will we see anything apart from this one?

Probably not. Won't be surprised if this is the last Predator related figure we see from NECA for a long time unless the license is renewed. With no word on Alien Day and the little they've had to say over the last few years, I really don't think we will see anything new.

Quote from: Gridseeker on May 04, 2023, 03:58:23 PMSerious question: do NECA have issues with the license? IS Disney/Fox making things complicated to release figures? Or just NECA decision?

NECA let it go from what I've heard. Nothing to do with Disney or the merger. They let it fade out before then, and we're only now just seeing the tail end of the releases. It takes 6 months to make the figure with licensing and approvals, and 6 more to finally release them. So since we've seen nothing, it's safe to assume they let it go a while ago and we're just now seeing the results.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Look like we'll be getting 3 mouths.
Closed, open, roaring.

Nice.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 04, 2023, 08:39:31 PMLook like we'll be getting 3 mouths.
Closed, open, roaring.

Nice.

I'm genuinely surprised we didn't see 3 separate releases instead of the 1 we get. NECA loves milking their sculpts for more money with alternate paint jobs or accessories.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Don't get me wrong, I am super thankful we are getting Feral in figure form but the hair just bothers me, its too voluminous..the image for the teaser looked so much better and the fact they forgot the entire back holster armor for the spear gun. It would have been nice to be able to attach the spear gun, but regardless the whole thing is missing.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Yeah, the hair is back to being in clumps like the original Wolf Predator.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 04, 2023, 10:18:48 PMYeah, the hair is back to being in clumps like the original Wolf Predator.
Yeah and sadly not for the better.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah he's a little too glossy, but that's extremely easy to fix with matte finishing spray. I've done it on several other action figures (notably some of the Star Wars Black Series figures, and the recent 6" Indiana Jones who was super-glossy for some reason).

Wweyland

Wweyland

I don't buy many Predator figures, but I just need Feral on my shelf.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Here is what another predator figure besides Shaman looks like on the winter Diorama.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 04, 2023, 08:15:33 PM
Quote from: Master on May 04, 2023, 06:51:19 AMThe question is, will we see anything apart from this one?

Probably not. Won't be surprised if this is the last Predator related figure we see from NECA for a long time unless the license is renewed. With no word on Alien Day and the little they've had to say over the last few years, I really don't think we will see anything new.

Quote from: Gridseeker on May 04, 2023, 03:58:23 PMSerious question: do NECA have issues with the license? IS Disney/Fox making things complicated to release figures? Or just NECA decision?

NECA let it go from what I've heard. Nothing to do with Disney or the merger. They let it fade out before then, and we're only now just seeing the tail end of the releases. It takes 6 months to make the figure with licensing and approvals, and 6 more to finally release them. So since we've seen nothing, it's safe to assume they let it go a while ago and we're just now seeing the results.

So then Feral likely is the last release then? And if true, won't they announce it as such?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: The Shuriken on May 05, 2023, 11:46:19 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 04, 2023, 08:15:33 PM

So then Feral likely is the last release then? And if true, won't they announce it as such?

I don't think many companies announce when they lose or let go of a license. It's not good business to publicly speak about deals and letting contracts expire or being dropped by a license owner. They always do it quietly and let it fade out. NECA said nothing when they let go of Godzilla's license, I don't expect anything different with Alien and Predator.

So like I mentioned before, they likely let go of the license a while ago, but we're just now seeing the results of that play out on the timeline.

Though, if there is enough demand, it could make some new deals happen in the future for a limited run here or there.

https://twitter.com/blainerthings/status/1654178221275873297?s=46&t=_UkEryu2c2UmLOQcQ5K4SA

This guy is at NECA and is speaking about the possibility of a Naru figure in this tweet. So anything is possible, but I'd say keep any expectations of anything new very low. Especially talent involved. NECA had to pay each actor individually for use their likeness to make an Alien or Predator themed figure. So Arnold and Sigourney or any actor was paid by NECA because FOX didn't sell the character's likenesses. So depending on how tricky that situation is with Amber and the characters rights could decide on a Naru figure.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Sounds like it's time for someone to ask Amber Midthunder if she'd be cool with it.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 05, 2023, 02:39:52 PMSounds like it's time for someone to ask Amber Midthunder if she'd be cool with it.

I'm going to guess that those discussions have already started or happened. Now it's a waiting game. I can see it being an SDCC exclusive set with Sarii or something when it's a character like this. I'd like to think Naru would sell like crazy, but not sure she would outside a small Predator fanbase. There's a lot of people who didn't like a lady being a Predator movie star, which could lead to lower sales too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed