NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,532 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Really, no company is probably "good" ethically these days. So nitpicking on who's best wouldn't be productive.

But I'm open to possibilities! Maybe they could try MonsterArts again with Bandai as that line has grown as well as their way sculpts and quality. Hiya seems to be doing okay, though I prefer larger scale. It's all about price point really, and NECA had that on lock years ago, but then prices started going up and up over time.

Could a new company bring the quality we are used to with NECA sculpts at a low price point fans and consumers would be happy with? That's the actual challenge.

I think whoever would take over would have a lot of pressure to perform right off the bat, which may not be exactly fair. It took NECA years to finally lock in their build to something that worked.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Well I can only think of two reasons they would wind down on their previous so called top sellers.

1. They are not top sellers anymore and it's no longer cost effective to keep making them

2. Someone else has secured the rights to make collector grade toys and NECA is just finishing things out till the transfer of the IP.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: The Shuriken on Oct 09, 2022, 05:27:18 PMWell I can only think of two reasons they would wind down on their previous so called top sellers.

1. They are not top sellers anymore and it's no longer cost effective to keep making them

2. Someone else has secured the rights to make collector grade toys and NECA is just finishing things out till the transfer of the IP.

Or 3.

They let the license expire like they did Godzilla.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Oct 09, 2022, 03:43:07 PMReally, no company is probably "good" ethically these days. So nitpicking on who's best wouldn't be productive.

Hasbro is particularly bad, though. This isn't a nitpick. They've been God Awful for a long time.

On the other hand, NECA have been pretty terrible with their QA as well. I had three of their figures break before I could even get them out of the clam shell. Their "goods" classification as a soft good keeps them legally safe from reprocussion as well.

I'd love to see McFarlane return to the line. Even if it was more limited articulation. I love their ALIEN and PREDATOR two pack set from 2004. That thing was the start of a new era for Alien and Predator figures.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I love Transformers

Hasbro is not a good toymaker

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Oct 09, 2022, 05:37:29 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Oct 09, 2022, 05:27:18 PMWell I can only think of two reasons they would wind down on their previous so called top sellers.

Or 3.

They let the license expire like they did Godzilla.

Fair point. Well if that's what is really going down, then I hope someone else can secure the rights quickly.

With all this, I now expect Feral Predator to be the last Predator they make, if it all. Because now who the F knows if it will release or not.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The meme of Wolf never lives on forever.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Oct 09, 2022, 07:11:40 PMI love Transformers

Hasbro is not a good toymaker
Hasbro is (mostly) cool and good.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Consoomer moment

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 09, 2022, 10:03:27 PMHasbro is (mostly) cool and good.

They're really not. Their HASBLAB is a money trap. Their kickstarters are a joke. Their employee practices are awful, and now they're trying to hoist their failures off onto the consumer.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Studio Series and their Legacy line are okay, but I wouldn't want figures in that quality

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

I collect Transformers figures since 2009 and personally the War for Cybertron trilogy line (Siege-Earthrise-Kingdom) is quite good, but one thing that really sucks is the online stores exclusives which ran out quickly thanks to the resellers and the prices fetch double 0 figures.
Studio Series is also doing well, but one line that I almost gave up to keep collection is the Masterpiece: way too expensive and the QC doesn't live up to the price.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: OpenMaw on Oct 09, 2022, 10:22:40 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 09, 2022, 10:03:27 PMHasbro is (mostly) cool and good.

They're really not. Their HASBLAB is a money trap. Their kickstarters are a joke. Their employee practices are awful, and now they're trying to hoist their failures off onto the consumer.

I can't speak to their employee practices, but as a longtime collector of Star Wars Vintage Collection, Marvel Legends, and Transformers, I've quite liked a lot of their products for a long time. Recent price hikes suck but it's just gotten me to be a little more choosy in what I buy, but their product quality has been good to great for a very long time.

The only HASLAB I've backed is the Ghostbusters proton pack and that is looking like it's going to be great and worth the money.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

The only way I'd want hasbro making Alien and Predator figures is if they do a Transformers AvP Crossover, Marine that turns into a Dropship, Xeno that turns into a space jockey ship, Predator Scout ship, and a Predalien triple changer

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I've enjoyed a lot of Habsro's marvel legends. If they would get the same team working on Alien and Predator, that would be pretty cool.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed