NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,215,819 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

It could easily be that the cover art if taken literally is from a prior incident since we never see an encounter during it. And if something happened they'd probably send the cyborgs in to handle it. 26 years between the last known Xenomorph outbreak and the game would give them ample time to have had a break out. I don't think we ever found out when Stone Heart was captured so the art could be depicting something pre-2030.

The domes being rigid and smooth would be a continuity error, buuuut the creature isn't consistent between appearances outright. So the smooth dome might be a case of whatever batch Hunter had at the time where Scarface fought the rigid ones. Or it could be a case where Scarface fought exclusively warriors and Stone Heart faced off with some drones. The game had a single model so the hive might've been more diverse than the game let on.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Ehh, Concrete Jungle was done before the proper division of Warrior and Drone in canon(no Extinction doesn't count)

SiL

SiL

What "proper division"? Drones vs Warriors was a fan idea to explain domes vs ridges; games, comics and novels can't agree on any of it, and movies never show more than one type of Alien.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

The one we got some years ago in the novels and RPG that now became the norm in the EU and games?

SiL

SiL

It's still not consistent on domes vs ridges.

Still Collating...

Stone Heart has been out already for a few days/weeks. So literally nothing new. No new Aliens. No new Predators that we haven't seen or don't know about already. Their coverage of these lines has been pathetic these past few years...
I'm not so sure that it's licensing issues as much as it's their lack of interest anymore. They're focusing on the stupid turtles and don't have time for anything else anymore really. They're just showing mostly silly lines that I personally have no interest in.

I'm wishing more and more that McFarlane would take over the line. They'll be in the same scale as the Neca figs, their articulation is just as good, and they have been making a lot of figures and a lot of lines lately.

Neca has been neglecting the Alien and Predator line more and more. Even though they said previously that those lines were their top selling lines. I know that things have probably changed, TMNT is certainly at the top now, but I can't imagine that the Alien and Predator lines have dropped so much as to warrant this kind of neglect...

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 09, 2022, 02:00:15 PMStone Heart has been out already for a few days/weeks.

Huh? Are there in hand photos of this? I don't think it's hit any shelves or shipped yet. Could you share where you've seen this? And they just released a bunch of Fireteam Elite Xenomorphs, so those are new.

I understand the frustration, NECA was pretty much built on Aliens and Predators. But I'd say to not get much hope in them for future releases. TMNT is one of the biggest money makers in toys since the 90s and probably is doing very well for NECA, but they've also focused on a lot of other things at once too. It's not just TMNT regardless of what your opinion says. Just because you yourself aren't interested, doesn't mean that others aren't into whatever line they announce. I'm personally stoked for their new Robocop line, ET and DINOSAURS! TV show line that are upcoming.

I've heard through the grapevine that NECA may be winding down on the Aliens and Predators, and the current trend seems to prove that. Won't say much more than that. But like I said previously, don't get hopes up for much more unless some things change behind the scenes.

I'd rather not have McFarlane in the line again. They have had some of the worst QC lately, they can't pose well and or locked to a predetermined pose. They all have side eyes too, which Todd seems to think looks cool. Seriously scroll through collector twitter and see them constantly bashing most of what McFarlane makes. There's a reason why McFarlane is all over shelves all the time.

NECA had a very good run, even with their quality issues too. But maybe it's time for someone else to take the throne.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Hasbro time.

Master

Master

:laugh:  :'(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I am not joking.

Mike’s Monsters

I'd rather not with Hasbro either... especially after their "we wanna raise our profits 50%" announcement this week, and then proceed to lay off a bunch of employees right after.

https://investor.hasbro.com/news-releases/news-release-details/hasbro-announces-plan-grow-profit-50-over-next-three-years

https://twitter.com/thefullforce/status/1578081956377624579?s=46&t=g03yCQPct3bfvoIecY6Gaw

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/hasbro-warns-weak-third-quarter-195532028.html

Hasbro can focus on making good toys and care about their employees instead, and then maybe I'll be in with them.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I don't even know about Hasbro either. The business decisions they make lately are pretty stupid. And I'm not sure if I'm ready for a Predator being on the Buckycap mold.

Mike’s Monsters

They seem more into crowd funded items that never hit their goal, or reusing sculpts to death with repaints after repaints. Gotta make those profits!!!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

True enough, what company would you rather take the reigns?

Master

Master

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 09, 2022, 02:39:36 PMI am not joking.

I know. That's why crying emoji.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed