Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,472 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I don't hate the characters. Just the gameplay.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

it wasn't the gameplay that made those games good but the characters and stories foo

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Literally the only turn based game I enjoy is Pokemon. :P

Anyways I played some Super Smash Bros. Brawl with some friends earlier and one had the Project M mod. Needless to say I kicked ass thanks to the game being more like Melee and less like Brawl. Also dat Turbo mode... :o

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2014, 09:34:47 PM
QuoteCombat in ME1 is pretty hard if you don't fully understand how to upgrade your powers, weapons and armour. On top of that it's not exactly the greatest combat game in the world. ME2 and ME3 definitely kick some ass in combat gameplay though.

I just find it really - inaccurate if that's the right word.  The sniper rifle shakes around like nobodies business, even when crouching, and the shorter range weapons seem very hit and miss. Literally.  You can blast away at someone in front of you with a shotgun, and it does stuff all, while everyone of their shots f**ks you up.  It's like playing Far Cry  again...

You are playing it wrong. ME1 is an RPG, I repeat - R P G. The combat is based SOLELY on numbers and behind the scene dice rolling. What your weapon does or how it acts is just for the show, what it matters is its stats. In ME2 and ME3 the combat is like in third person shooters - its all about your skills with added dynamic stat multipliers such as different ammo types, buffs, etc. In ME1 its classic RPG combat - number numbers numbers, numbers everywhere. Just don't think of it as a shooter.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

That doesn't change the fact that the combat is f**king stupid. He's not playing it wrong.

WinterActual

WinterActual

He is. He's playing it as a shooter, he thinks that aiming with the sniper rifle like in CoD/CS/BF will make a difference and it matters while it doesn't. He should play it like KOTOR.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I thought KOTOR's combat was kind of a half-assed mishmash, come to think of it.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 15, 2014, 04:53:56 AM
He is. He's playing it as a shooter, he thinks that aiming with the sniper rifle like in CoD/CS/BF will make a difference and it matters while it doesn't. He should play it like KOTOR.
Actually, he's not. You can play the game anyway you want. And how the f**k are you supposed to play the game like Kotor? That's not even possible. Anyways, the sniper rifle is the only weapon that actually goes where you aim and actually deals damage so you can play normally with that weapon.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition

Haha! Killing a tier 7 T29 heavy tank with a tier 4 T-50 light tank is so satisfying! His big gun could of one shot me but my tank was faster than his turret rotation speed so I just went in circles around him taking little pieces out of this heavily armoured beast at a time with my fast reloading gun until I finally destroyed him! Survived that victorious battle too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woySeSNBL3o#

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 15, 2014, 04:58:08 AM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 15, 2014, 04:53:56 AM
Actually, he's not. You can play the game anyway you want. And how the f**k are you supposed to play the game like Kotor? That's not even possible. Anyways, the sniper rifle is the only weapon that actually goes where you aim and actually deals damage so you can play normally with that weapon.

I mean he needs different approach.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 15, 2014, 05:00:59 AM
World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition

Haha! Killing a tier 7 T29 heavy tank with a tier 4 T-50 light tank is so satisfying! His big gun could of one shot me but my tank was faster than his turret rotation speed so I just went in circles around him taking little pieces out of this heavily armoured beast at a time with my fast reloading gun until I finally destroyed him! Survived that victorious battle too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woySeSNBL3o#

lol that would have been fun, I saw one dude do that to a Tiger and everyone had a good laugh.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So in World of Tanks tank slots were for a limited time 50% off, so I spent around $6 for some gold, and normally would of only got my around 3 slots, but with the 50% off thing I got 7 slots and could of got more but I put it on the side instead as having 14 vehicle slots seems good enough for me, I at least don't have to sell the Jumbo, Easy Eight, Jackson or Hellcat to make space anytime soon.

Tonight I ventured into tier 7 for the first time with T20 American medium, the Pershing comes after that. I also plan on saving up silver to get the Stug III (already researched), and I plan on committing more time to the German medium and heavy lines. My goal in the heavy line is the Tiger tank, it may have been legendary in real life but I'm lowering my expectations as it'll be probably be more balanced with it's competition in tier 7 because it's a game, with expectations lowered I will probably really enjoy this tank and might even love it. In the medium line one goal is the Panther, but my main goal is for a tier 10 tank that isn't out yet on the 360 version, the Leopard 1, such a damn fine tank that dozens of NATO nations including Canada just fell over for it. Been the main battle tank of Canada since it first originated in West Germany in the 60's but will be phased out by 2015 as the Leopard 2's have taken over.

Also thinking about trying out German artillery (I'll be honest, there is an achievement for killing two tanks with one artillery shell, I so want to do that, I think German arty gets more splash damage as you progress), and progressing down the British medium line ultimately for the Centurion, the main tank of Canada until the Leopard 1 came along in the 60's. On the Russian side of things I've lost faith in that contest so I've sold my tier IV light tank and tank destroyer, still have the tier IV medium T-28 though as I at least want to research the KV-1 heavy just in case I want it in the future, just as I've researched the next vehicles in the other vehicle types, and in the case of the light tank I even bought what came next actually, the T-34 medium tank.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I'm currently playing a cool mod for Half-Life I found called Timefall and some C&C Yuri's Revenge .

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Installing Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam now

WinterActual

WinterActual

Pretty decent game but it feels a LOT like a MMO. Probably because its dropped MMO project  :laugh: Or lets say "altered".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed