Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,329 times)

Keg

Keg

Played Dead Space 3: Awakened today.

Exactly as you'd expect. Its about 90 minutes long on a first playthrough (and I wasnt rushing) so it can probably easily be beaten in just over an hour. The story is unbelievably predictable but it doesn't really make much sense to be honest. The hallucinations are quite cool but they're never scary like they were at times in DS2. If you know about the secret message that the chapter titles gave in the main game
Spoiler
Brethren Moons Are Awake
[close]
then the ending to this is absolutely no surprise and was the only logical conclusion.

There didnt need to be a subplot about insane unitologists and Isaac and Carver going insane, they could have skipped all that and just had a 3 minute cutscene after the credits of the main game with what happens in the final few minutes of this.

Its clearly a massive set up for DS4 (if it ever happens) but it wasnt really needed as a DLC. Especially considering the main game is already of considerable length for this type of game.

If you didnt like the way DS3 was headed this is just more of the same, with some hallucinations thrown in the mix (which arent scary). I enjoyed DS3 and for a few quid its a decent but unwanted or even unneeded epilogue. Could have been at the end of the main game or the start of DS4.

If they never make DS4 then I guess
Spoiler
we've gotta assume from this ending that its one of those downer endings and the necro's wipe earth out. Sorta wish they just leave it now. I still loved this game but the way the story is headed I can only see the next game being even more action orientated again. I didnt mind it in this game because there was still plenty of classic Dead Space but its clear the next game is going to be a spectacular epic battle for earth (but not scary).
[close]

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 13, 2013, 05:20:18 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Mar 13, 2013, 05:18:09 AM
Red Dead Redemption :) actually liking it despite hating GTA, still finding annoying similarities though.

Its also very similar to the original 'Red Dead Revolver', remember that? can't recall if that was Rockstar though.

I've been playing that one myself. It's pretty awesome.

I could never beat a GTA game. I'd get bored quicly. But Red Dead Redemption is great. Just being out there in the wilderness...the music and all...it felt right.

Currently playing A:CM and Assassins Creed 3. Haven't gotten around to completing it for some reason.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I just rage quit the final boss in Revengeance.

Spoiler
I have no idea how I'm supposed to pull off slicing those things he throws at me. I did it once through sheer luck and got the health items from it, but then I died after the bastard decided to heal himself, twice. And Platinum couldn't be bothered to put a f**king checkpoint at halfway point.
[close]

F**k this boss.  >:(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Game guides be thy friend.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 15, 2013, 01:21:14 AM
Game guides be thy friend.

You cheap ass mutha'!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well if one is stuck...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 15, 2013, 01:25:21 AM
Well if one is stuck...

You persevere, not sell your soul to the devil.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sorry but my blood pressure is kinda important to me.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I looked up what I had to do, but he's still owning my ass. I'm gonna take a long break.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Going on a re-run of Mirror's Edge. This game never gets old.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

ME3 Muliplayer, I need more Turians!

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Just re-beat Halo CE in one sitting.

f**k The Flood...

Just...

f**k The Flood.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: KNIGHT on Mar 15, 2013, 05:38:12 AM

f**k The Flood...

Just...

f**k The Flood.

QFT

Terx2

Terx2

Resident Evil 4 PS2. Oh the good times...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed