Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,414 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Finally finished Aliens: Dark Descent. It was great!
I got 30 achievements out of 45, so probably will do another playthrough at one point.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just finished The Missing J.J Macfield and The Island Of Memories today, I had been spoiled on it but that did not stop it being a wonderful and tearful experience.

SWERY knocks it out of the park again. Easily up there with Deadly Premonition. https://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/interviews/interview-swery-on-the-missing-of-j-j-macfield-and-the-island-of-memories/

SM

SM

Lego City Undercover. It's taken some years but now on 92% complete.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Just like the way I read books I also play games. 

Soon to be MGS2 (collection edition for ps5), TLOU 2 remaster (download today), Alan Wake 2 (current), trepang 2 (pretty awesome and fun FEAR clone............better combat, but worse story, still solid), and as always my just to kill some time game until I have something better to do, Ghost Recon Breakpoint. 

razeak

razeak

Quote from: SM on Jan 23, 2024, 01:05:55 AMLego City Undercover. It's taken some years but now on 92% complete.
this is a fantastic game. So many fond memories with my two oldest on WiiU. My 6 year old and I have played a lot of it in Switch. I need another copy though. We lost it traveling.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 31, 2023, 07:43:18 PMI'm back on a Metroid kick, not doing them in timeline order though.

I just cleared Metroid Fusion for the first time in over a decade, despite being pretty linear there were a few bits that felt unintuitive (fighting the gold Space Pirate looking things that you have to shoot in the back with a charged shot), and some of the bosses felt cheap (f**k that boss with the 3 plants on the bottom that can just suck you in and do constant damage).

Final result: 14:15 (which feels really, really high), 54% items (which feels kinda low).

Now I'm trying my hand at Metroid II on the Gameboy - emulated via Nintendo 3DS, although I do own an OG grey brick Game Boy and a Metroid II cartridge. I've had this game since I was a kid but never got very far in it, I think a big part of that was after playing a bazillion hours in Super Mario Land I just couldn't wrap my head around having to explore in all directions and sometimes backtrack. With a few Metroidvanias under my belt now, I think I'll do better this time around.
I would assume you played Aliens: Infestation?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: razeak on Jan 23, 2024, 03:05:01 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 23, 2024, 01:05:55 AMLego City Undercover. It's taken some years but now on 92% complete.
this is a fantastic game. So many fond memories with my two oldest on WiiU. My 6 year old and I have played a lot of it in Switch. I need another copy though. We lost it traveling.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 31, 2023, 07:43:18 PMI'm back on a Metroid kick, not doing them in timeline order though.

I just cleared Metroid Fusion for the first time in over a decade, despite being pretty linear there were a few bits that felt unintuitive (fighting the gold Space Pirate looking things that you have to shoot in the back with a charged shot), and some of the bosses felt cheap (f**k that boss with the 3 plants on the bottom that can just suck you in and do constant damage).

Final result: 14:15 (which feels really, really high), 54% items (which feels kinda low).

Now I'm trying my hand at Metroid II on the Gameboy - emulated via Nintendo 3DS, although I do own an OG grey brick Game Boy and a Metroid II cartridge. I've had this game since I was a kid but never got very far in it, I think a big part of that was after playing a bazillion hours in Super Mario Land I just couldn't wrap my head around having to explore in all directions and sometimes backtrack. With a few Metroidvanias under my belt now, I think I'll do better this time around.
I would assume you played Aliens: Infestation?
Yes, but it's been a while.

Funnily enough, I brought my copy with me to play on my 3DS as I recover from surgery over the next week or two.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Tried Boltgun, really fun at first, but gets a bit bland.

VodouSpartan

VodouSpartan

jeez that brings back so many memories, I got it when it first came out and I would play it with my cousins all the time. Pretty sure I only ever got like 70% completed tho, it got lost over the years 🥲

Wweyland

Wweyland

Playing Call Of Duty: Black Ops III. Not really a fan of the CoD games, but the campaign is sort of fun for a short while.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 25, 2024, 08:04:22 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 14, 2022, 11:58:48 PMI have never played a CoD game.
The first two from more than 20 years ago were pretty good.

Acid for Blood

Acid for Blood

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 25, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 14, 2022, 11:58:48 PMI have never played a CoD game.

I've never really played cod either. I have played a hell of a lot of Battlefield games. Is the online play quite similar, like team based?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Acid for Blood on Jan 26, 2024, 09:40:00 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 25, 2024, 10:08:00 AM

I've never really played cod either. I have played a hell of a lot of Battlefield games. Is the online play quite similar, like team based?
In CoD there are no vehicles and it's much more about leveling up. But never played much multiplayer.

Acid for Blood

Acid for Blood

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 26, 2024, 09:48:56 AMIn CoD there are no vehicles and it's much more about leveling up. But never played much multiplayer.

Ah okay so there is a bit of a difference in that regard. I loved the use of vehicles in BF working together as a squad or team.

Darkness

Darkness

Another Code Recollection.

Anybody remember these games from the 2000s. I think they've done a really good job at remaking these for the Switch. It's very light on puzzles but I'm enjoying the playthrough and art style.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed