Should new xenomorph design and variance have biomechanical look or sometimes.

Started by Thatguy2068, Oct 09, 2023, 10:47:27 PM

Author
Should new xenomorph design and variance have biomechanical look or sometimes. (Read 3,029 times)

BlueMarsalis79

The Neomorph being biomechanical defeats the purpose behind the design, it is meant to be a simpler and biestial relative of the proper Alien.

To improve the design? Just make it even more translucent, let us glimpse the inner workings.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 22, 2023, 02:12:24 AMThe Neomorph being biomechanical defeats the purpose behind the design, it is meant to be a simpler and biestial relative of the proper Alien.

To improve the design? Just make it even more translucent, let us glimpse the inner workings.
That understandable but how about the deacon? Could he needs a redesign to be more biomechanical?

dnicholson277

I always thought the bio mechanical aspects to the Alien design was that added element that set it apart. Sure the lack of eyes, inner mouth were also signature features and creepy but the bio mechanical overarching element made it less of a schlocky B movie creature in my head.

I understand that the Prometheus/Covenant storyline explains the fleshier designs, but it just doesn't do it for me. Same as the newborn went too fleshy and trying to be too different.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 22, 2023, 03:00:29 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 22, 2023, 02:12:24 AMThe Neomorph being biomechanical defeats the purpose behind the design, it is meant to be a simpler and biestial relative of the proper Alien.

That understandable but how about the deacon? Could he needs a redesign to be more biomechanical?

An argument could be made that it already IS biomechanical - we have only seen its 'burster' form, not an adult, and already it has more features than a neomorph. Even the big chap was fleshy when it burst out of Kane.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Oct 22, 2023, 08:56:58 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 22, 2023, 03:00:29 AM

An argument could be made that it already IS biomechanical - we have only seen its 'burster' form, not an adult, and already it has more features than a neomorph. Even the big chap was fleshy when it burst out of Kane.
Very good point, it's pretty much have the same amount of screen time as the chestburster the first film, well almost given the chance to see what it would've been look like in the comics but we were denied that. From the looks of it it looks like the same thing but just bigger, But there were some concept art that were in did had some biomechanical elements in it

Immortan Jonesy

I love the idea of this mechanism in action with a translucent design.😅

Spoiler
[close]

Edit - I confess that I kinda dig the idea of the Deacon as a predecessor of the Queen 🙈

I think I read about that on the forums a while ago. I know it's not canon though.😇👍

Thatguy2068

I actually made what the Deacon could have been if it were to grow up.
Is it bad?

The Cruentus

Nice, I see you even added a skull.  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 22, 2023, 03:00:29 AMThat understandable but how about the deacon? Could he needs a redesign to be more biomechanical?

It's a baby. Chestbursters are softer looking and less detailed too.

I also had a go at a matured Deacon concept but never finished the painting...

Spoiler
[close]

Still Collating...

Wouldn't have anything against a version like yours Cancerblack. Looks really nice.

Knowing what Scott did with Covenant, I have a hunch he just personally doesn't like the biomechanical aesthetic.

BlueMarsalis79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed