Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 186,706 times)

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Good. It's time to give these movies a rest. The only good ones in recent years have been Prometheus and Alien Covenant. Both AvP movies were trash, Predators was homage garbage fest and now this new predator looks to be following this pattern. Then you got more trash in the form of bumkamp's fan service wet dream of a movie 😂 that thank god will never see the light of day. Time to hang it up. 

SM

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Aug 11, 2018, 09:30:23 AM
Good. It's time to give these movies a rest. The only good ones in recent years have been Prometheus and Alien Covenant. Both AvP movies were trash,  predators was homage garbage fest and now this new predator looks to be flowing suit. Then you got more trash in the form of bumkamp's fan service wet dream of a movie 😂 that thank god will never see the light of day. Time to hang it up.

The flowing suit sounds interesting.

The Old One

The Old One

This may all just be posturing at the end of the day however, despite my thoughts on the matter if this is proven to be true.

It's all in who is behind the films. Disney gets all the bashing and praise but all they do choose what gets "X" funding at the end of the day.
Kevin Feige and his team are responsible for Marvel's success.
Kathleen Kennedy and her team are responsible for Star Wars' failure

I don't want Alien to undergo genetic recombination to target a wider demographic even if they do choose to fund the IP.
In that case it would be better off dead.

Bojo

Whiskeybrewer

0321recon

0321recon

I hope Disney aren't dicks, and just shelve the franchises. I'm crossing my fingers they sell the franchises to Universal/Blumhouse, Liongate, or Warner Bros and Paramount who are desperate to upstart next successful franchise.

Though, what gets me why is Scott doing Merlin for Disney since from what were reading, the mouse cooked the poor Alien. I guess we read too much into him doing that film to finish his trilogy.  :'(

Oh well. Let's see were our creepy crawly friends end up in.

whiterabbit

Shit the alien franchise is totally family friendly. Maybe we're taking it all a little too literally.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: 0321recon on Aug 11, 2018, 11:19:26 AM
I hope Disney aren't dicks, and just shelve the franchises. I'm crossing my fingers they sell the franchises to Universal/Blumhouse, Liongate, or Warner Bros and Paramount who are desperate to upstart next successful franchise.

Though, what gets me why is Scott doing Merlin for Disney since from what were reading, the mouse cooked the poor Alien. I guess we read too much into him doing that film to finish his trilogy.  :'(

Oh well. Let's see were our creepy crawly friends end up in.

To be honest I don't think that Scott cares for Alien that much.

Also I can't believe that these franchises could be forgoten and be canceled forever. I mean between Predator 2 and Predators were 20 years time period, but it stil came out. Between Predators and  The Predator were 8 years period. So I am sure they will sell it to somebody, or somebody will presuade them to make these movies. I just can't believe that these franchises can die. Or at least I don't want to believe it.  :-[

SiL

It's a problem if Disney dissolves the Fox brand, which would be something of a tragedy. There's hope that they might at least offset the properties that demand an R rating to subsidiaries to protect the Disney brand while providing diverse content.

bobby brown

So, how can we get back at Disney if they shelf our beloved franchises?...  :P

Ingwar

Scott will be shooting Merlin for Disney which is very likely that they made or will make a deal regarding Covenant sequel.

irn

Just don't pay to see Disney films if they screw over fans of Fox franchises.

0321recon

Quote from: irn on Aug 11, 2018, 12:17:48 PM
Just don't pay to see Disney films if they screw over fans of Fox franchises.

Exactly. They only mentioned X Men and Avatar. No mention of Planet of the Apes. I hope that doesn't get shelved also.

gabgrave

So basically everyone was told by the Company that there are no aliens on the wall, and to just continue working until told otherwise? There are those alien shorts that are supposed to be coming out... Real shame if those get cancelled.  :-[

connection10

Its all about control, Disney take more percentage from theaters then any other studio and they want everybody to use there streaming service, they got it all Avatar, Pirates, Marvel and I'm sure they'll pull all the Blu-rays, DVD's and UHD 4k Blu rays in the next few years.
They don't give a dam about ether Predator or Alien, they are not box office sensations and selling them for what fifty million ? That's pocket change for Disney and it could create some competition at the theaters, they want to dominate the theater chains.

Lets just go out and enjoy The Predator on the big screen because everything that has a beginning has a end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed