How has Alien: Covenant affected your personal canon?

Started by marrerom, Aug 03, 2017, 02:14:11 PM

Author
How has Alien: Covenant affected your personal canon? (Read 8,857 times)

SM

The story was ill-conceived and poorly executed.

Scorpio

It may not contradict the canon but it makes it extremely convoluted.  There is no reason for Hicks to survive except fan service.

It's clearly stated in Alien 3 that he is dead.  His corpse is identified.  It's not explained how but it would be a fairly massive oversight to mis-identify a corpse.

I wish people would just let those characters go.

Predator@Alien

It is true that the resurreection of Hicks is a bit exaggerated ... Just because people were not happy because him and Newt are dead...
But I love all of the rest ! We can go in the Derelict, in Hadley's Hope, in the Sulaco. And I always wanted to see a facility around the Derelict, I have it with A:CM.
The major problems for the story are :
- 17 weeks / 17 days.
- Hadley's Hope which not destroyed.

But when we love the game, these mistakes are easy to correct with some explanations ^^'

SM

Predator@Alien

Of course ! I can imagine that the explosion was not as important as Bishop said it. For example, in Alien Isolation, when Marlow wants to explode the Anesidora, Amanda and Taylor have arrived to mitigate the explosion. Why is it not possible ? And we can imagine that the explosion start from the top of the atmospheric processor, so the explosion is like Hiroshima and Nagasaki I suppose : it explode at a certain altitude.

And for the 17 weeks, all is explain in Stasis Interrupted. And of course it is complicated, but I made a chronology about all of the events and I think it's clear now ^^'

SM

Not sure what you mean about the Anesidora.

The comparisons to the Japan bombings don't stand up.  They were tiny compared to the Hadley explosion and the primary heat exchanger was just below ground level; not at an altitude,

The seventeen week thing is a non-issue AFAIC.

TheBATMAN

Alien
Alien Isolation
Aliens
Alien 3

Predator@Alien

As you wish, but me, I have no problem with it  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 20, 2018, 07:06:30 AM
Quote from: marrerom on Aug 03, 2017, 02:14:11 PM
4) The new EU (fire & stone, life & death) is out.

Already?

The status of the more recent EU is a bit hazy...depends where Ridley goes with the whole David creating the Aliens thing. Depends if he's allowed to go anywhere with it.

Citixeno

I prefer the idea that David re-created the Xenomorph. I recall him saying something to the effect of the Engineers trying to have their flock yet banish the wolf. - I take that as him attempting to rebuild it or extract it via the AI of the black goo.

Dingbat

For me it's:

Predator Dark ages
Predator
Predator 2
AVP
AVPR
Predators
Blade runner
Prometheus
Alien covenant
Alien
Alien Isolation
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien resurrection.

I haven't added Blade Runner 2049 because I haven't seen it yet.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Citixeno on Jan 28, 2018, 04:10:37 PM
I prefer the idea that David re-created the Xenomorph. I recall him saying something to the effect of the Engineers trying to have their flock yet banish the wolf. - I take that as him attempting to rebuild it or extract it via the AI of the black goo.
You're not alone in that assessment. In fact the movie novelization outright confirms it.

Deathbearer

EJA

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 30, 2018, 04:39:06 AM
Quote from: Citixeno on Jan 28, 2018, 04:10:37 PM
You're not alone in that assessment. In fact the movie novelization outright confirms it.

How so exactly?

SM

When David shows Oram his lab, he indicates an egg and says he didn't create it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed