The Face Hugger Sound Efects At The End Of Aliens

Started by pinkystinkinc, Oct 20, 2020, 02:26:55 AM

Author
The Face Hugger Sound Efects At The End Of Aliens (Read 4,907 times)

pinkystinkinc

pinkystinkinc

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 23, 2020, 11:19:19 PM
I skipped AVPR in the theater. I didn't even see it 'til 2010 when it was on cable.

And then I never watched it again.

What did you think of prometheus and covenant?

Quote from: SM on Oct 23, 2020, 11:29:08 PM
Quote from: pinkystinkinc on Oct 23, 2020, 10:25:57 PM
Quote from: SM on Oct 23, 2020, 08:17:50 PM
B movies are supposed to be bad thats what makes them so good .

They're not supposed to be bad.

AvP:R isn't supposed to be bad.  But it is.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/10-remarkable-things-about-aliens-vs-predator-requiem/

I'm not sure this it the glowing review you seem to be intimating it is.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: pinkystinkinc on Oct 23, 2020, 11:38:26 PM
I skipped AVPR in the theater. I didn't even see it 'til 2010 when it was on cable.

Prometheus is an absolute mess of a script, and the editing is somehow even worse, but it is visually stunning and I am very interested in the ideas that it puts forward, even though the script doesn't do them justice.

I really dig Alien: Covenant, through and through.

Stitch

I am not old enough to have seen A3 in the cinema. Keep wishing it will have a re-release.

pinkystinkinc

pinkystinkinc

Quote from: Stitch on Oct 24, 2020, 12:05:27 AM
I am not old enough to have seen A3 in the cinema. Keep wishing it will have a re-release.

The theatrical cut is still my favorite . It moves more fluidly and Ripley's self sacrifice isn't missing any emotional shots like in the special edition.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 23, 2020, 11:59:41 PM
Quote from: pinkystinkinc on Oct 23, 2020, 11:38:26 PM

Prometheus is an absolute mess of a script, and the editing is somehow even worse, but it is visually stunning and I am very interested in the ideas that it puts forward, even though the script doesn't do them justice.

I really dig Alien: Covenant, through and through.

I was hoping to see more of Shaw and was dissapointed she was killed off considering the actress that played her had a magnetic presence not seen in an alien movie since Sigourney Weaver . She looks even more beautiful here in the Alien: Covenant | Prologue: The Crossing than she did when she was younger in Prometheus.

Without Rapace Covenant was a massive waste of time

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

For me until Prometheus' first trailer came out, despite being a massive fan of Alien and Predator, and even liking AVP 2004 in places- I didn't know AVPR even existed until I caught the unrated version in a bargain bin in 2011/12, even then being only 14 I felt a sense that this thing probably did not make waves for a reason.

So in a way, to my childhood- regardless of popular opinion, Alien's always meant three solid films, and one really weird one, while Predator's meant one, but not the one you think- because to child me, Predator's an exhausting film, it takes it's time purposefully, and because I knew Terminator from an even earlier age- I never saw Dutch, I only saw Arnold, so I was always conscious I was watching the star when he was on screen, that I did not like for some reason. I still liked it, but it was Predator 2 that was always THE Predator flick to me, it set my imagination on fire.

Despite my first experience with the Alien films being the BBC's broadcast of Aliens, I still remember the fact I barely watched the film at all, wasn't allowed to but I saw bits without the monsters, the ads between "Burke it was Burke..." and now every-time I get to that part on Blu-ray I expect the ads twenty years on. Then and now, I still like Alien and Alien 3 most, my favourite bit in Alien was the Space Jockey, but I loved basically everything about 3, from the fact I couldn't figure out why the film seemed to change every-time I watched it (Didn't understand the difference between Theatrical and Special Edition), to the atmosphere being the thickest I can even think of in a film to this day, to the frenetic pace of it when the Alien's around, it was and remains my favourite from start to finish. While I always thought there was lulls in Alien and Aliens, even though they're clearly "better" from the script standpoint, and many others. I've always had a soft spot for the more messy, broken, unappreciated things in life.

Oh, and it's got the best soundtrack in the franchise bar none. Covenant comes close tho.

"Let me get this straight, you think Alien Cubed's the best soundtrack in the series?"

Otherwise I agree with NA, oh and I ADORE Noomi Rapace, she deserved better, but I still prefer Covenant over Prometheus by a mile and a half, and it's got f**k all to do with "genre expectations" it's because I can enjoy Covenant where it succeeds as this over dramatic little intimate Gothic horror picture, while Prometheus has bigger aspirations it also falls on it's face harder and squanders a ridiculous amount of potential.

pinkystinkinc

pinkystinkinc

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 24, 2020, 01:03:51 AM
For me until Prometheus' first trailer came out, despite being a massive fan of Alien and Predator, and even liking AVP 2004 in places- I didn't know AVPR even existed until I caught the unrated version in a bargain bin in 2011/12, even then being only 14 I felt a sense that this thing probably did not make waves for a reason.

So in a way, to my childhood- regardless of popular opinion, Alien's always meant three solid films, and one really weird one, while Predator's meant one, but not the one you think- because to child me, Predator's an exhausting film, it takes it's time purposefully, and because I knew Terminator from an even earlier age- I never saw Dutch, I only saw Arnold, so I was always conscious I was watching the star when he was on screen, that I did not like for some reason. I still liked it, but it was Predator 2 that was always THE Predator flick to me, it set my imagination on fire.

Despite my first experience with the Alien films being the BBC's broadcast of Aliens, I still remember the fact I barely watched the film at all, wasn't allowed to but I saw bits without the monsters, the ads between "Burke it was Burke..." and now every-time I get to that part on Blu-ray I expect the ads twenty years on. Then and now, I still like Alien and Alien 3 most, my favourite bit in Alien was the Space Jockey, but I loved basically everything about 3, from the fact I couldn't figure out why the film seemed to change every-time I watched it (Didn't understand the difference between Theatrical and Special Edition), to the atmosphere being the thickest I can even think of in a film to this day, to the frenetic pace of it when the Alien's around, it was and remains my favourite from start to finish. While I always thought there was lulls in Alien and Aliens, even though they're clearly "better" from the script standpoint, and many others. I've always had a soft spot for the more messy, broken, unappreciated things in life.

Oh, and it's got the best soundtrack in the franchise bar none. Covenant comes close tho.

"Let me get this straight, you think Alien Cubed's the best soundtrack in the series?"

Otherwise I agree with NA, oh and I ADORE Noomi Rapace, she deserved better, but I still prefer Covenant over Prometheus by a mile and a half, and it's got f**k all to do with "genre expectations" it's because I can enjoy Covenant where it succeeds as this over dramatic little intimate Gothic horror picture, while Prometheus has bigger aspirations it also falls on it's face harder and squanders a ridiculous amount of potential.

Yes I love Elliot Goldenthal's Alien Adagio AND I saw Predator 2  way back in 1990 at a cinema located at the same shopping mall in Pomona California where they filmed back to the future's parking lot scene. For me Covenant was bland without Rapace All those new characters were unnecessary the central theme was always David Vs.Shaw , technology against faith . Such a wasted opportunity

Kradan

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 24, 2020, 01:03:51 AM

Wait, you said positive things about Alien 3 and you referenced Joker doing so ? I'm in love

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It is the best soundtrack in the series imho! Closely followed by Covenants.

Also my head-canon is that the hugger sound effect at the end of Aliens is a loose face-hugger than hitched a ride with the Queen, hide away during the fight, and that's where the facehugger in A3 comes from.  :laugh:

Kradan

Works for me

I was totally OMG when I heard it for the first time

pinkystinkinc

Yup so they already knew in advance what they were gonna do in Alien 3 but then just got cheap with the delivery and decided to go for the cash grab.

SM

No. The sound effect had nothing to do with Alien 3.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: pinkystinkinc on Oct 27, 2020, 12:21:51 AM
Yup so they already knew in advance what they were gonna do in Alien 3 but then just got cheap with the delivery and decided to go for the cash grab.

Nobody had any idea what they were going to do with Alien 3, hence the shitshow of a production it had.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed