Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,654 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

U-571

Hard to believe this is the same guy who directed T3.

SiL

SiL

Midsommar

A surprisingly watchable 2.5 hours that didn't overstay its welcome. Couldn't get 40 minutes through Hereditary but thought this was great.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Great movie indeed.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: SiL on Feb 19, 2021, 04:25:12 AM
Midsommar

A surprisingly watchable 2.5 hours that didn't overstay its welcome. Couldn't get 40 minutes through Hereditary but thought this was great.

That movie was such a trip...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Feb 19, 2021, 04:52:09 AM
Midsommar

That movie was such a trip...

Spoiler
"I think I ate one of her pubic hairs..."
[close]

:laugh:

Prez

Prez

Midsommar

I rarely am shocked by violence in horror films but this one. Holy sh*t.
Spoiler
that cliff sequence ... you knew it was coming but bloody hell.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Mortal Kombat (1995)

"This is where you fall down." 8)

Huggs

Huggs

The Odd Couple

Kradan

Kradan

Man Of Steel

Spoiler
It's kinda amazing how much story you can squeeze in two thirds of your movie and then fill the final third with non-stop over-the-top action. And, yes, amount of shit destroyed in that movie was jarring. I mean, it was literally building after building after building being blown up and destroyed. It was too much

I've enjoyed the movie overall - it's no masterpiece but I've enjoyed it. Henry Cavill fits the role ... OK,  I guess ? He has the looks but I can't say there was anything about his performance that trully amazed me. And it's surprising that there was no Clark Kent in the movie. Not that it's a bad thing but rather weird

Michael Shannon as General Zod, on the other hand, was the real star of the movie for me. He stole every scene he was in. I don't think I've seen him in anything before but he has such an interesting appearance and voice and facial movements and he gives himself all to the role. He managed to be terrifying and tragic villain at the same time. He does horrible things but you understand why he does it and even sympathize with him, I absolutely loved him

I've quite enjoyed Kryptonian aesthetics of the movie. Especially ships' interiors which reminded me awfully a lot of Derelict and Juggernaut while suits Zod and his people were wearing reminded me awfully a lot of Space Jockey and Engineers. And the movie came out year after Prometheus. Coincidence ?

Few notes about Snyder's cinematography: it's interesting 'cause it constantly tries to balance between artistic and Bay-style. And these snap zooms - there was too much of them

Zimmer's score was fine, couple of catchy bits. 

"It's just I think he's kinda hot"  ;D
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, the constant The Office style zooms were a bit much.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Lady Vanishes (1938)
Never seen this version before. Really enjoyed it

Jurassic Park
Never gets old

Assassination Games
Enjoyable, but felt like bits were missing. Adkins and Van Damme are a great pairing mind

Huggs

Huggs

We Were Soldiers

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 22, 2021, 03:40:08 AM
We Were Soldiers

I liked that movie but really wanted to like it, if you know what I mean..?... It was just short of being really good.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Feb 22, 2021, 03:41:16 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 22, 2021, 03:40:08 AM
We Were Soldiers

I liked that movie but really wanted to like it, if you know what I mean..?... It was just short of being really good.

That guy singing the same song over and over again didn't help.

Paths of Glory

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

In Bruges

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE f**kING OBJECT!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed