Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,908 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

I was watching this with the family, and we stopped for the night right after the pioneer story. Aside from the first segment, I'm finding this kind of underwhelming.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 02, 2019, 04:41:13 AM

I was watching this with the family, and we stopped for the night right after the pioneer story. Aside from the first segment, I'm finding this kind of underwhelming.

I loved the film overall, but definitely stick around for the last two segments. The next one, "The Gal Who Got Rattled," is the best of the bunch, in my opinion.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 02, 2019, 05:05:12 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 02, 2019, 04:41:13 AM

I loved the film overall, but definitely stick around for the last two segments. The next one, "The Gal Who Got Rattled," is the best of the bunch, in my opinion.

I'm watching it with the rest of the family, we stopped for the night and are leaving it off for tomorrow. And I think that was the last one we saw, with the wagon train and the dog.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Outbreak
Havent watched this in years. Hoffman going for righteous indignation for all he's worth

Knives Out
This was fantastic. Great cast, perfect story. It seems that Rian Johnson is always better when he's working on his own stuff

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

We finished it off tonight, the last story was rather good.

Also, we started A Serious Man last night, probably won't be finishing it. And we started Gangs of New York, which I remember not liking much apart from Daniel Day-Lewis.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 01, 2019, 09:49:52 PM
The Untouchables (3.5/5)

How about 4.0/5?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

-0.5 for Sean Connery only ever attempting to say one word in an actual Irish accent.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Connery never sounded Russian in The Hunt for Red October either. Accents, other than his own, were not his speciality I guess?

Russ

Russ

Pitch Black / Chronicles of Riddick.

My daughter has become a huge Riddick fan having seen these movies. My work here is done.

The second one wasn't as bad as all that... I mean, it was different to Pitch Black but I seem to remember it was really - really hated at the time. CGI hasn't held up well but other than that... I dunno... it was just campy and OTT, but I thought it was pretty good.

Onto (just plain) Riddick next then.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 04, 2019, 09:48:34 AM
-0.5 for Sean Connery only ever attempting to say one word in an actual Irish accent.

Really wish you could watch that Stewart Francis bit on Sean Connerey. But it's not online.
Or you could treat yourself to the dvd Pun Gent for 5,99  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Departed

"My theory on Feds is that they're like mushrooms, feed 'em shit and keep 'em in the dark."

Good movie, but arguably only high middle tier Scorsese. Granted, my enthusiasm was a bit hurt this viewing by my DVD f**king up out of nowhere right as they got in the elevator near the end.

Huggs

Huggs

North by Northwest (4.5/5)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

One Must Fall (2018)
Average horror about people trapped in a building with a killer.
The female lead was pretty decent though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Gangs of New York

Bill the Butcher is a great character desperately in need of a much better movie to be in. It's not terrible on the whole, but so much of the main story is tedious compared to the historical context stuff with Tammany Hall and the draft riots.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 05, 2019, 04:15:03 AM
Gangs of New York

Bill the Butcher is a great character desperately in need of a much better movie to be in. It's not terrible on the whole, but so much of the main story is tedious compared to the historical context stuff with Tammany Hall and the draft riots.

I need to give that movie another try sometime. That and Let There Be Blood. Everybody always talks about those movies but the few minutes I saw of each seemed rather rough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed