Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,517 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Pet Sematary was pretty good. Unfortunately my screening was ruined by a vent directly above me. It kept making noises like hail on a caravan roof and proved so distracting that it took all the tension out of any scenes.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Raw Deal
Love the absurdity of it

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 07, 2019, 04:35:02 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 07, 2019, 03:58:22 AM
https://y.yarn.co/680a5a1a-259f-4c0d-8cff-04a82cba7959_text_hi.gif

Try coming with other suggestions youse.

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 07, 2019, 04:08:12 AM
See? Sequels aren't a bad thing.

Bad sequels are a bad thing.

:laugh:

Alien would've been even better without Aliens. More mysterious and the xeno wouldn't be a space bug.

I see some Terminator fans in my circle make the same complaint about T2 Judgment Day, how it changed the core of Terminator, broke it's own rules, etc.

But both franchises would be nowhere near as popular, nowhere near the phenomena, embedded in popular culture as much as they are, without those blockbuster sequels.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 07, 2019, 11:21:33 AM
Raw Deal
Love the absurdity of it

Joseph P. Brenner. What's the P stand for?

Pussy!

Huggs

Huggs

Aquaman.

Looks like it tried to give avatar a run for its money with all those bright blue visuals there. Just more celluloid cocaine.

1/5

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 07, 2019, 11:56:52 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 07, 2019, 04:35:02 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 07, 2019, 03:58:22 AM
https://y.yarn.co/680a5a1a-259f-4c0d-8cff-04a82cba7959_text_hi.gif

Try coming with other suggestions youse.

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 07, 2019, 04:08:12 AM
See? Sequels aren't a bad thing.

Bad sequels are a bad thing.

:laugh:

Alien would've been even better without Aliens. More mysterious and the xeno wouldn't be a space bug.

I see some Terminator fans in my circle make the same complaint about T2 Judgment Day, how it changed the core of Terminator, broke it's own rules, etc.

But both franchises would be nowhere near as popular, nowhere near the phenomena, embedded in popular culture as much as they are, without those blockbuster sequels.

T1 is the only true terminator.

T2 suffers from a bad case of the cameronisms. That's really when it started.

"I know why you cry"  ::)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Shazam

This was a whole lot of fun, very funny and full of heart while still having the bad guys burn people alive and bite their heads off. :laugh: It was a better use of Levi than the Thor sequels, and definitely a better DC showing for Mark Strong than f**king Green Lantern was. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

I do have have similar feelings about T2 but it doesn't bother me that much as it does with Aliens.

So they wouldn't be franchises just stand-alone classics like The Thing.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

The Triangle

I was loving this movie for the first hour, the found footage format has been done to death, but here it was used effectively.  The movie was a real slow burn, introducing the characters, fleshing them out, giving little tidbits of information that alluded to the supernatural element of the movie.  Then the final act just forced everything into it, it felt rushed, and left too many questions, huge let down. 

Howl

Fantastic British werewolf movie, it had an interesting take on the werewolf design, all practical effects too.  Not as good as Dog Soldiers, but definitely up there

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 07, 2019, 08:35:50 PM

I do have have similar feelings about T2 but it doesn't bother me that much as it does with Aliens.

So they wouldn't be franchises just stand-alone classics like The Thing.

Yep, both were instrumental in creating these large respective fandoms that exist today. So maybe through that prism at least, you can appreciate Aliens. :)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I wouldn't have met you all if not for Aliens.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

If it weren't for Aliens this place either wouldn't exist or would be a barren, empty site like that Ringu forum I joined.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 07, 2019, 09:58:33 PM

Oh yes you would've. It was destiny, like in the terminator movies.  ;)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 07, 2019, 10:01:20 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 07, 2019, 09:58:33 PM

Oh yes you would've. It was destiny, like in the terminator movies.  ;)

Likely due to Mark Rolston, perhaps.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed