Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,917 times)

Prez

Prez

Decided to rewatch the Nolan Batman Trilogy again with the missus.
I'm the big Batman nerd and she enjoys the films (as she has a thing for Bale).

So half way through Batman Begins. It's such a great film. So well cast and acted - and yes I understand the gripes about Bale as Bruce/Batman but I totally love his performance.

I remember seeing this film the first time it was released in the cinema and being a bit undecided on it TBH but since then it has grown on me tremendously down the years and is probably my favourite in the series as a character exploration.

In a day of Marvel's continual onslaught of CGI rainbow palette visuals and fantastical storylines I still find myself so drawn to the grounded reality of Nolan's films. That's not to say I don't enjoy the Marvel films either but rather I've always enjoyed the more grounded Detective comics of Batman.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Prez on Apr 04, 2019, 12:31:07 PM
In a day of Marvel's continual onslaught of CGI rainbow palette visuals and fantastical storylines I still find myself so drawn to the grounded reality of Nolan's films. That's not to say I don't enjoy the Marvel films either but rather I've always enjoyed the more grounded Detective comics of Batman.

I wouldn't categorize films like Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Civil War etc. in with an "onslaught of CGI rainbow palette visuals", just the opposite, but it always comes down to the movie itself for me. I have a very poor opinion of "Batman V Superman" and the palette used was quite dour, and a very high opinion of the original Guardians of the Galaxy which definitely is enriched with colors.

With that said I'm a huge, huge fan Batman Begins!  :)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Purge: Election Year
A great trilogy ender. Really well paced, although didnt really see much of the Murder Tourists

Under Siege 2: Dark Territory
Lol not as good as the first one, but still a really fun Seagal film

Mercury Rising
Lol so absurd, but brilliantly absurb

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 04, 2019, 01:52:08 PM
A great trilogy ender. Really well paced, although didnt really see much of the Murder Tourists

You are aware there is a fourth movie?

First Blood

First Blood

I like this movie. But man that final showdown between Seagal and Everett McGill was such a let down. Seagal wipes the floor with him. McGill gets one kick in. One.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 04, 2019, 04:41:37 PM

I like this movie. But man that final showdown between Seagal and Everett McGill was such a let down. Seagal wipes the floor with him. McGill gets one kick in. One.

Pretty much every Seagal fight. :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 04, 2019, 12:48:05 PM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 04, 2019, 12:31:07 PM

I wouldn't categorize films like Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Civil War etc. in with an "onslaught of CGI rainbow palette visuals", just the opposite, but it always comes down to the movie itself for me. I have a very poor opinion of "Batman V Superman" and the palette used was quite dour, and a very high opinion of the original Guardians of the Galaxy which definitely is enriched with colors.

With that said I'm a huge, huge fan Batman Begins!  :)

Totally get your point. FWIW I loved the Snyder palette - that desaturated HDR tone he started with 300 and I loved it in BvS too. I think the colour palette in GOTG was on point (it's my favourite Marvel film too).

I highly (99.99%) doubt it would ever happen but I would love to see one more return for the Nolan/Bale combo in a Bats film.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Apr 05, 2019, 02:43:48 AMI highly (99.99%) doubt it would ever happen but I would love to see one more return for the Nolan/Bale combo in a Bats film.

I'd rather see Nolan do a sequel with Joseph Gordon-Levitt taking up the mantle.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd rather see Batman Beyond with Michael Keaton, Michelle Pfeiffer and A.I Alfred.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 05, 2019, 07:31:55 AM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 05, 2019, 02:43:48 AMI highly (99.99%) doubt it would ever happen but I would love to see one more return for the Nolan/Bale combo in a Bats film.

I'd rather see Nolan do a sequel with Joseph Gordon-Levitt taking up the mantle.

Only if he develops a speech impediment due to a head injury from a fight with the Ninja Turtles, and calls himself Wobin for the whole movie.

"Weewax wady, I'm wobin, I'm hewe to thave you."

Prez

Prez

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 05, 2019, 07:38:08 AM
I'd rather see Batman Beyond with Michael Keaton, Michelle Pfeiffer and A.I Alfred.

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 05, 2019, 07:38:08 AM

"You wanna get nuts? Let get nuts... ow my back... damn too old for this."
;D

Seriously though I'd be so down for that. Shame there would be no Prince to write another masterpiece soundtrack to go with it.

The Old One

The Old One

Attach Janelle MonĂ¡e  instead lol.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The King of Comedy

"I made a mistake." "So did Hitler!" :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Finished The 10 Commandments on Blu-ray.

Just a gorgeous transfer. Holy Moses (pun intended).

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: P-Rock on Apr 04, 2019, 03:57:02 PM

You are aware there is a fourth movie?

Yeah but its a prequel lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed