Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,652 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

American Pie

"Hey Stifler, how was the pale ale?" :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 09, 2019, 02:13:55 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 08, 2019, 09:34:31 PM
I remember Hot Shots 2. Watched it a couple of times as a teenager.

The only thing that worries me about Rambo 4 is that if the disc is the extended cut then there was some slight footage and gore removal from what I've heard. Hopefully that's not the case, because I love Rambo 4 and I'm really looking forward to finally seeing it in high-def, without any kind of censorship.

This might help https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=624222

Love that site. Used it many times. I watched about half of the movie earlier, and have not seen a single change yet, so it must be the theatrical edition. The disc does not have "extended edition" on it, and the menu does not say anything about it either.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 09, 2019, 02:45:19 AM
American Pie

Man, the memories. I can't even begin.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2019, 02:55:19 AMLove that site. Used it many times. I watched about half of the movie earlier, and have not seen a single change yet, so it must be the theatrical edition. The disc does not have "extended edition" on it, and the menu does not say anything about it either.

All these different versions can get kinda annoying. They should at least put the regular and extended version on the same disc.
A special director's cut sold as separate item I can understand. But sometimes it gets out of hand.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 09, 2019, 02:45:19 AM
American Pie

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2019, 02:55:19 AM
Man, the memories. I can't even begin.

May I recommend The Inbetweeners series. And should you like it, the movies afterwards.
It has a bit of an American Pie vibe, but English, set in high school, and overal funnier imo.

Huggs

Huggs

I used to watch EuroTrip a lot, and of course there were the Porky's films. But The original American Pie trilogy is just so close to my heart.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2019, 03:47:38 AM
I used to watch EuroTrip a lot, and of course there were the Porky's films. But The original American Pie trilogy is just so close to my heart.

Eurotrip's a good movie. "Mi scusi!"
I like Porky's more because of the time and setting.
The American Pie movies ain't bad but I think I just got bored with them as don't like them as much as I used to. They're just a little corny.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 09, 2019, 04:24:26 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2019, 03:47:38 AM

Eurotrip's a good movie. "Mi scusi!"
I like Porky's more because of the time and setting.
The American Pie movies ain't bad but I think I just got bored with them as don't like them as much as I used to. They're just a little corny.

Eurotrip was pretty good really. The little German kid goosestepping in the background just killed me everytime. And Michelle, oh my God that woman.

Porky's was great, except for the 3rd film.

American Pie was one of those things where me and my buddies grew up with the films as they came out, so the music and life events were nearly parallel with ours. So they will always be special to me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

American Pie 2

"I'm searching for more lesbian artifacts!" :laugh:

Not as good as the first movie, but still funny and well done. I might skip Wedding, though. I remember really not liking that one. And the less said about the DTV spinoffs the better. Reunion was good, though.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 09, 2019, 05:06:19 AM
American Pie 2

When he flies in with that dildo,

"Where'd you find that?"

"Finche's @ss!"  ;D

Wedding was great. You don't want to see Fred Willard getting whacked in the a** or Stiffler eat the turd? What about Mr. Belvedere?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 08, 2019, 08:18:29 PMRambo 3 has one of the best Stallone lines ever. "f**k 'em!"

I always preferred his line from just before that, when Trautman asks him what they're gonna do: "Surrounding them's out." Has me rolling every time :laugh:

I remember the first time I saw the fourth movie. That final battle was pretty staggering.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 08, 2019, 09:19:52 PMSome say it's over the top. I'd say it's what happens a human body gets hit with a large amount of heavy caliber bullets.

I remember reading a story about an SAS squad in Iraq a few years back. They knew there were a bunch if militants inside a house in the distance, but they couldn't get a shot at them so they broke out a .50 cal sniper rifle and just shot them through the walls. When they went in to clean up, they found them spread all over the room. Grim stuff.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 09, 2019, 05:06:19 AMAnd the less said about the DTV spinoffs the better. Reunion was good, though.

Band Camp is the worst. It's also the only one rated PG-13.
The other ones ain't that bad if you view them as stand-alone movies.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 09, 2019, 11:37:38 AM
I remember reading a story about an SAS squad in Iraq a few years back. They knew there were a bunch if militants inside a house in the distance, but they couldn't get a shot at them so they broke out a .50 cal sniper rifle and just shot them through the walls. When they went in to clean up, they found them spread all over the room. Grim stuff.

Maybe the show something like that in the new one  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Rambo - Bluray

Still a great movie. Picture quality was insanely improved over the dvd

Bram Stokers Dracula - Bluray

I love this movie. The theater stage look of everything gives it such a unique style, and except for Keanu the cast is magnificent. That opening sequence is still amazing.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2019, 05:22:55 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 09, 2019, 05:06:19 AM
American Pie 2

When he flies in with that dildo,

"Where'd you find that?"

"Finche's @ss!"  ;D

Wedding was great. You don't want to see Fred Willard getting whacked in the a** or Stiffler eat the turd? What about Mr. Belvedere?

I thought it relied too much on gross out gags even compared to the others. And dropping Oz and Heather without any explanation whatsoever was just crap.

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2019, 05:07:56 PM

I love this movie. The theater stage look of everything gives it such a unique style, and except for Keanu the cast is magnificent. That opening sequence is still amazing.

Hate the love story as much as Local Hero hates the skull.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2019, 05:07:56 PM

I love this movie. The theater stage look of everything gives it such a unique style, and except for Keanu and Winona the cast is magnificent. That opening sequence is still amazing.

Fixed.  :)

Huggs

Huggs

Oh yes, quite so.

The Old One

The Old One

Winona Ryder's excellent in Francis Ford Coppola's: Bram Stroker's Dracula.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed