Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,488 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 22, 2018, 02:29:31 AM
Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom - On Blu-ray

Oh dear. Who's fault was this? Dinosaurs falling in slow motion and non stop clichés. Atrocious dialogue and easter eggs every single freakin' minute. Did a 3 year old write this or something? And dude's dentures were making his delivery unbearable.

Between this, Pacific Rim 2, Independence Day 2, and The Predator, I'm starting to believe the art of film itself is on its deathbed.

Check out the honest trailer. It's spot on!

I don't get the hate for Pacific Rim 2. I agree it's dumb but I found it more entertaining than part 1. Which was also supposed to be dumb giant robot from.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 22, 2018, 02:57:19 AM
Mandy

"You ripped my shiiiiiiiiiiiiiirt!"

Was it worth sitting through? I read a lot of good things but I got too bored.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 22, 2018, 03:18:33 AM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 22, 2018, 02:57:19 AM
Mandy

"You ripped my shiiiiiiiiiiiiiirt!"

Was it worth sitting through? I read a lot of good things but I got too bored.

It takes a while to really go crazy, but when it does, holy crap.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 22, 2018, 12:42:48 AM"Don't start, Mike.
Heinemann's already been up my ass so far I won't be able to sit down for a week."

My signature ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Conan the Barbarian (1982)

Still my pick for best Arnold film. And one that gets written off as stupid by morons. ;D

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 22, 2018, 08:28:06 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 22, 2018, 12:42:48 AM"Don't start, Mike.
Heinemann's already been up my ass so far I won't be able to sit down for a week."

My signature ;D

I love those angry police chiefs. And this guy's also the chief in Lethal Weapon.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 22, 2018, 07:51:27 PM

Still my pick for best Arnold film. And one that gets written off as stupid by morons. ;D

Morons indeed. That's some grade-A Schwartz.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 23, 2018, 06:05:37 AMAnd this guy's also the chief in Lethal Weapon.

Not quite, the uniformed Sergeant Harrigan talks to during the shootout at the beginning of the film - the one who tries to stop him going into the Colombian hideout - is the captain in Lethal Weapon :)

The actor is the cousin of director Richard Donner, which is why he's in the Lethal Weapon movies, as well as virtually every other Donner film lol.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Oops!  :laugh:

Edit: It does sound like something the Lethal Weapon could've said. Probably why memory's blending both.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

"The Predator" (cue violin..)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 23, 2018, 09:50:04 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 23, 2018, 06:05:37 AMAnd this guy's also the chief in Lethal Weapon.

Not quite, the uniformed Sergeant Harrigan talks to during the shootout at the beginning of the film - the one who tries to stop him going into the Colombian hideout - is the captain in Lethal Weapon :)

The actor is the cousin of director Richard Donner, which is why he's in the Lethal Weapon movies, as well as virtually every other Donner film lol.

All I remember about him is that he doesn't give a f**k.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Session 9

"f**k youuuuu!"

Russ

Russ

Crush the morons. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentations of their women.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ on Sep 24, 2018, 07:42:17 AM

Crush the morons. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentations of their women.

Hang Them from the Tree of Woe

Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home
A fantastic and funny film. Started the true trend of alternate films being the best Trek Films

Midnight Ride
Lol Cannon does it again with this insane but slow at times Hitcher rip off, featuring Michael Dudikoff and Mark Hamill. You can see where Hamill went back to for his Joker portrayal in this

The Old One

The Old One

Outland

Yes, that's a decent/good film, in appearance congruent with the Alien universe.
As well as "The Company" -notable for a large influence on the world, in that it caused the narrative.
This is a place that a ship similar to the Nostromo would obtain fuel, that's for sure.
(I recognised both Jerry Goldsmith and John Mollo in the credits.)
Perhaps Peter Hyams best work, if not original.
I still believe there's more thematic connection with Blade Runner, in addition to visuals.

As for the world:
Blade Runner = Earth in the time of the first colonies.
Outland = Colonies before wide-spread terraformers.
Alien Trilogy = Colonies after wide-spread terraformers.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Flora (2017)
"In 1929, an expedition of university botanists enter an uncharted forest where they discover something and must escape."
Really liked the idea behind this flick but that's about it. It wasn't worked out well and seemed more suitable for something like an X-Files episode.
Too bad. The Ruins showed you can make a decent horror movie about a similar subject matter.
The old timey angle was pretty cool though.

Fletch (1985)
Never saw this before. Nothing special but it's alright.

Hell House LLC II: The Abaddon Hotel (2018)
Slightly better than average found footage.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 24, 2018, 04:10:20 AM
Session 9

"f**k youuuuu!"

Might be my all time favorite movie involving a haunting/ghosts kinda stuff.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Natural Born Killers

...aka Everyone's on Cocaine: The Movie. God this film's insane. I'm not sure I could even say whether I liked it or hated it. It was just insanity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed