Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,624 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, was very good.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Prez on Feb 26, 2018, 12:52:42 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 26, 2018, 12:48:30 PM
Howl
A really great UK Werewolf movie. Some great scenes. but does feature a couple of clichés that really annoy me.

Really enjoyed this one. Watched it last year but it has stuck with me for a while.

My first response while wathing it before it really kicked in "Hi Sean Pertwee.......Bye Sean Pertwee" lol

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 26, 2018, 03:58:14 PM
Howl
A really great UK Werewolf movie. Some great scenes. but does feature a couple of clichés that really annoy me.

Have you seen Wer? Thought that was one of the better more recent werewolf movies.
Late Phases is also pretty good but more of a slow burn.
And Wolfcop is great if you don't mind horror-comedy.

Ive seen Wolfcop. Really random but fun.

The other two I haven't seen but been wanting to for awhile

The Shape Of Water
Absolutely beautiful. Just flows. the cast is perfect. Damn this film deserves Oscars

Prez

Prez

Black Panther

Very good. Finally a Marvel film (for me) that lived up to recent hype. I was really let down with Civil War (a film that went absolutely nowhere and once I knew all the mainstays were safe it lost any tension for me) and Thor 3 (which I mentioned elsewhere - good fun film but that humour was so misplaced and totally killed any vested interest for me).

What I liked the most about Black Panther was the focus on characters - I was vested in all of them and to be honest I'm very naive of the whole Wakanda universe. I also liked how the film focused on it's own world rather than building up the Marvel universe or next film in the series.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Shape of Water (2017)
Beautiful adult fairytale.

Meatballs (1979)
One of a kind movie imo. Classic Bill Murray.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 27, 2018, 02:15:43 PM
Howl

Really enjoyed this one. Watched it last year but it has stuck with me for a while.

My first response while wathing it before it really kicked in "Hi Sean Pertwee.......Bye Sean Pertwee" lol

Hahaha. Yes. I know eh! Small cameo but a great one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

All-Star Superman

Pretty good, but you can tell they rushed things somewhat to get it clocked in at 75 minutes. They also could have been a bit more picky in what they adapted or cut, but at least some of the more random or annoying bits from the comic were left out.

Russ

Russ

Mute. I really enjoyed it and loved all the easter eggs and nods to Moon. But you could tell where the writer ended this film and the producers said "no way."

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Prez on Feb 28, 2018, 02:33:32 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 27, 2018, 02:15:43 PM
Howl

Hahaha. Yes. I know eh! Small cameo but a great one.

It was definitely

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

Good, but as with most anthologies, a bit of a mixed bag. The Abin Sur story in particular was less than great.

D88M

D88M

Mute (2018) A mess. It has a certain charm and some virtues, but i cannot defend this. I liked some stuff. And WTF whas that pedophile subplot with underage girls nudity that went nowhere.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 01, 2018, 12:18:24 AM
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Both great films. always fun to watch to cheer yourself up

TheRaven

TheRaven

Black panther.

Pretty good movie, I'll admit I don't get hype for movies anymore - and I tend to not be super into marvel/DC/super hero movies but I quite enjoyed it! Certainly a soothing balm over the pit TLJ kinda left me in :c

I will say I really dig it's movie score though, the music sounds great - especially liked the dramatic pieces when in the (spoilers?)
Spoiler
black panther visions.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Detroit.

Excellent movie, very tense, it had me stressed from beginning to end.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Batman: Year One (2011)

This is just... bleh. I'm a big fan of the comic, but they could have done more with the material than just recreating the panels and calling it a day. Also, Ben McKenzie using his best big boy voice as Batman just doesn't work.

Justice League: Doom

Pretty good, albeit with some plot issues here and there. Also, f**k Cyborg. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 01, 2018, 06:49:23 PM
Detroit.

Excellent movie, very tense, it had me stressed from beginning to end.

Agreed. It really did just build

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed