Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,705 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 27, 2018, 09:36:54 AMIn Bruges (2008)
Still in a bit of the British gangster comedy mood.
Almost forgot how great this movie is. Makes me look forward to Three Billboards...

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE F*CKING OBJECT!!!"

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 27, 2018, 09:36:54 AMProbably gonna watch Layer Cake next.

Love that one. Honestly rate it alongside Lock, Stock... and Snatch, although admittedly it's generally a lot more serious and less comic. Still has some great laughs though. The bit where Craig does an obvious Bond impression trying to look cool is hilarious now that he's actually become Bond :laugh:

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 29, 2018, 12:43:56 PMDeep Rising
Now this, this is just great. An Underrated Stephen Sommers film with great performances by everyone in the cast. Treat Williams and Kevin J O'Connor are great together

Yeah, add me to the list of people who adore that movie. Genuinely one of my all-time favs. It hits all the right notes throughout and has the perfect blend of horror, comedy and action for a really good time. The script is a lot better than you'd expect from a film like that too. Some superb dialogue in it.

farsightblogger

farsightblogger

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 30, 2018, 10:51:36 AM
Now this, this is just great. An Underrated Stephen Sommers film with great performances by everyone in the cast. Treat Williams and Kevin J O'Connor are great together

Yeah, add me to the list of people who adore that movie. Genuinely one of my all-time favs. It hits all the right notes throughout and has the perfect blend of horror, comedy and action for a really good time. The script is a lot better than you'd expect from a film like that too. Some superb dialogue in it.

'What the hell is that?'
'Girl from Ipanema'

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: farsightblogger on Jan 30, 2018, 11:16:58 AM

'What the hell is that?'
'Girl from Ipanema'

"Like a fine wine"
"You look more like a Keg of Beer to Me"

Early Man
Aardman does it again. While I love all their films, this is their best one since Chicken Run. Great cast. Just brilliant

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 30, 2018, 01:06:07 PM"Like a fine wine"

Hah, yeah, that one might be my favourite. That and, "Now what?" the lamest hero catchphrase to ever be so great.

It's one of those films where every character is a cardboard-thin stereotype... but when everyone's clearly having so much fun with it, it really doesn't matter.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider

Well that felt like they made it up as they went along. And from what I've read, that's exactly what they did. And wow, Daniel Craig isn't even trying with that American accent. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 30, 2018, 03:39:47 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 30, 2018, 01:06:07 PM"Like a fine wine"

Hah, yeah, that one might be my favourite. That and, "Now what?" the lamest hero catchphrase to ever be so great.

It's one of those films where every character is a cardboard-thin stereotype... but when everyone's clearly having so much fun with it, it really doesn't matter.

Its the way he sells it.

And yeah they are 2 dimensional characters but because they are all having so much fun, the characters are more alive than most action movies. Just think Finnegan was nearly played by Harrison Ford until he dropped out

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Part of me would really like to see what it would've been with Ford in it, but I love what we got so much I'm kinda glad he dropped out.

On the subject of Ford - I gave my new Blade Runner Blu-ray a watch last night. Looks stellar in hi-def. Not much to say about the film that hasn't been said before, except I really like the tweaks they made for the Final Cut.

Also gave the Dangerous Days documentary on disc 2 a re-watch. It's very informative, but I don't think it's as good as Lauzirika's Alien pieces. It feels a bit too long (three and a half hours!) and despite its length it completely neglects some areas I'd really like to see discussed (such as the design and construction of Deckard's now iconic sidearm) in favour of spending large amounts of time on other aspects that feel needlessly dragged out as a result. Still, those personal flaws aside, it's a typically well-made documentary from Mr. Lauzirikia. It's a real shame he got the boot from Covenant.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life

This was a pretty big step up from the first, IMO. Funny how a plot connected to Ancient Greece has Gerard Butler in it. :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 31, 2018, 01:47:15 PM
Also gave the Dangerous Days documentary on disc 2 a re-watch. It's very informative, but I don't think it's as good as Lauzirika's Alien pieces. It feels a bit too long (three and a half hours!) and despite its length it completely neglects some areas I'd really like to see discussed (such as the design and construction of Deckard's now iconic sidearm) in favour of spending large amounts of time on other aspects that feel needlessly dragged out as a result. Still, those personal flaws aside, it's a typically well-made documentary from Mr. Lauzirikia. It's a real shame he got the boot from Covenant.

I lost interest a bit in the looooong segment talking about the model work.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 30, 2018, 06:10:39 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jan 30, 2018, 02:03:57 AM
The Big Lebowski

My favorite Coen brothers' movie. Can't get enough of Bridges, Goodman, and Buscemi.

The Coen Brothers are a bit overrated imo. Big Lewbowski is one of their few originals and their best.
A lot of their movies are adaptations of existing stories. Would rather see of what they can come up with themselves.

I don't see the issue with them doing adaptations, especially when they turn out great- like True Grit. I personally love their style and humor. I haven't seen Oh Brother or Ladykillers though.

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 30, 2018, 07:33:30 AM
After watching Fargo and No Country for Old Men, I cannot call the Coen Bros overrated.

Yeah those are great films too of course! I'm curious to see how good the Fargo series is.

Raising Arizona is another one I love by them.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 27, 2018, 09:36:54 AMIn Bruges (2008)
Still in a bit of the British gangster comedy mood.
Almost forgot how great this movie is. Makes me look forward to Three Billboards...

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE F*CKING OBJECT!!!"

:D

Quote from: PredBabe on Feb 01, 2018, 01:38:07 AMI don't see the issue with them doing adaptations, especially when they turn out great- like True Grit. I personally love their style and humor. I haven't seen Oh Brother or Ladykillers though.

I'm curious to see how good the Fargo series is.

I can get that.
Oh Brother and Ladykillers have their moments but overal I don't find them that memorable.

Fargo series season 1 and 2 are pretty good. 3 is ok but the ending ruins a lot if not everything.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dracula (1931) - Spanish Version

Good, but way overhyped. Nic Cage was a more convincing vampire than this guy. :laugh:

Ninja 2: Shadow of a Tear

So basically Scott Adkins slaughters the bits of Burma that Sly left standing after Rambo 4, and it is glorious to behold.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight
I hadn't seen this in years and finally Horror showed it. It still holds up after all these years and is a lot of fun. Billy Zane is perfect. I'd forgotten that Thomas Haden Church was in this. And William Sadler is always great to watch. The soundtrack is brilliant. Who doesn't love a bit of Megadeth.
One thing I didn't remember was the mini tag at the end advertising the originally planned sequel "Dead Easy", which they replaced with Bordello of Blood. Would love for them to do Dead Easy now as I heard they were remaking the Tales from the Crypt series. They could mix it with series and films and not have to worry

D88M

D88M

Creep 2.

I love found footage horror movies, when done right it gives and unique experience and atmosphere, a very visceral reaction.

Despite being more humorous, i think is just as good as the first one, is different, but still good, cannot wait for the third one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

This was a lot of fun, and it was hilarious hearing Adam West do lines from 89 and Dark Knight Returns. I could have done without the pointless jab at Rises, though. I really don't need to hear the writers soap box for no reason.

Frankenstein (2015)

Candyman director Bernard Rose does an interesting, modernized take on the story. It's told entirely from the Monster's point of view, giving it an oddly fractured quality. Also, Tony Todd plays the blind man. 8)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 03, 2018, 12:40:15 PM

One thing I didn't remember was the mini tag at the end advertising the originally planned sequel "Dead Easy", which they replaced with Bordello of Blood.

You don't like Bordello of Blood?  Fun movie, IMO. 

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 03, 2018, 05:56:46 PM
Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

This was a lot of fun, and it was hilarious hearing Adam West do lines from 89 and Dark Knight Returns. I could have done without the pointless jab at Rises, though. I really don't need to hear the writers soap box for no reason.

It was no soap box, just a fun in-joke.  The 60s Batman did it all the time.

I wholeheartedly agree, though.  "Holy unsatisfying ending"  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed