Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,788 times)

Foxtrot94

Foxtrot94

Just watched Ringu for the first time. Extremely disappointed. Wasn't nearly as scary as people claim it is, for me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Let's see, among the stuff I've watched this Halloween season:

Halloween 1 and 2

The Thing

The Mothman Prophecies

Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III

Sleepaway Camp

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 30, 2015, 11:12:25 PM
Let's see, among the stuff I've watched this Halloween season:

Halloween 1 and 2

The Thing

The Mothman Prophecies

Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III

Sleepaway Camp
The thing is the best.

Back to the future 1 (on my phone)

CthulhuQueen

CthulhuQueen

Ex Machina. Loved it   ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just went to see the new Paranormal Activity. Those of you in the UK know how bad the fog is now so that made me an atmospheric trip to and from the cinema. The screen we were in had no heating. Was an interesting experience.  :P

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Halloween 6:  The Producer's Cut -  Glad they finally, after all these years, released this original version on Blu Ray.  This original version is waaaaaay better than the botched up Theatrical Cut they ended up releasing.

The Last Witch Hunter - Need to give this a second viewing.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Halloween 3: Still my favorite of the Halloween sequels. It's just so crazy and out there that I can't help but love it

Halloween 4: I consider this to be a more than adequate follow up to the events of Halloween II. It's not perfect, but I have a lot of fun with it

Halloween 5: Yikes. This one is just... dull. They kill off one of the main characters from in a really dumb way about ten minutes in, you have dumbass cops who are accompanied by cartoon sound effects, and most of the characters are just annoying.

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Nov 02, 2015, 09:53:19 PM
Halloween 6:  The Producer's Cut -  Glad they finally, after all these years, released this original version on Blu Ray.  This original version is waaaaaay better than the botched up Theatrical Cut they ended up releasing.

I actually just watched that myself today. I don't think it's great, but it's definitely better than the TC.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 02, 2015, 10:15:50 PM
I actually just watched that myself today. I don't think it's great, but it's definitely better than the TC.

I haven't watched the Theatrical version in years.  Ever since I learned about and obtained a bootleg of the Producer's Cut (as well as the workprint), that's the version I've always watched.  I wonder what the later sequels would have been like if the Producers Cut was originally released at the time.  Didn't like the third film and don't really class it as part of the series (as well as the Rob Zombie films).

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 02, 2015, 10:15:50 PM
Halloween 4: I consider this to be a more than adequate follow up to the events of Halloween II. It's not perfect, but I have a lot of fun with it

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Nov 02, 2015, 09:53:19 PM

@ Halloween 4 - I see this as my favorite Halloween sequel. Certainly not perfect as you said, but it is a lot of fun.

@Halloween 6: The producers cut - Really need to check this version out. Next October. :P

Since last Thursday:

Child's Play 2 (1990) - This has always been my favorite CP film. I finally found the deleted scenes (which STILL have not been properly released via DVD or BR) on youtube and the alternate ending as well. The alternate ending is AMAZE. Why or how they were talked out of it is complete lunacy to me. While it really jumps around at times, the death scenes are total 90s and so nostalgic. 7.8/10

Child's Play 3 (1991) - Here is a film that has divided the fans since it's initial release. Personally, I really enjoy the military school setting and the characters. This film really added a lot of new face shots of Chucky, which at times, are actually sinister looking. It also was the first non-house setting for Chucky, a nice change imo. Apparently when this film was on USA and HBO back in the day (ahem, 1990s), the deleted scenes were included. While there only a few (that were released), they add a little character development to a film that has very little. These also, have not been released on DVD or BR. >:( In case y'all haven't noticed, character development is a BIG deal to me. The barber death scene is still my favorite death scene of all films. The only thing I wanted to see changed is the final scene with
Spoiler
Andy and the girl being separated and no followup with the War games.
[close]
. 7/10

Halloween night:

Spoiler
Since these are traditional viewings, they each automatically get 10/10, respectively ;D
[close]

Ernest Scared Stupid (1991) - A nostalgic classic for me. Loved it as a kid, still do. So many classic lines, This movie can do no wrong for me.
"Miak?"
"Bet you didn't think I couldn't find it this time of year?!?"

"How bout a bumper sandwich boogerlips?"

Night Of The Living Dead (1990 version) - While the 1967 classic is the favored version of SO many people, this film was filmed less than 4 miles from my house! Actually, the 67 version was filmed extremely close to my house as well. :P Since Tony Todd's character is so hardcore badass it's really hard for me to say no to this. I've known a few people who were extras in this version as well.

A sneak peek of next October's viewings include:

Children Of The Corn 2 thru 8 (Kiramid needs to join me in this crusade ;D )
Insidious

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Nov 03, 2015, 02:19:44 AM

I dunno, I'm still traumatized from watching the entire Hellraiser series...

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^It's alright, we got 11 months until next October to start them all... :) 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Cannibal Holocaust

f**k me.  :o I feel like I need a good long shower.

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Nov 03, 2015, 03:54:26 AM
^It's alright, we got 11 months until next October to start them all... :)

And suddenly this doesn't sound so bad...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 03, 2015, 03:23:20 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Nov 03, 2015, 02:19:44 AM

I dunno, I'm still traumatized from watching the entire Hellraiser series...

I'm constantly intrigued by these films but I just can't bring myself to try to watch them.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I've only ever seen the first three Children of the Corn films and have only seen the first six Hellraiser films. (Although I do have physical copies of alternate versions of the first Four Hellraiser films)

Is the Producers Cut of Halloween Six close to the original script they had that would have taken it in a different direction? ie no H20 or Resurrection

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 03, 2015, 01:25:00 PM
I've only ever seen the first three Children of the Corn films...
Thoughts on 2 and 3? Worthwhile (even if for a few minutes of the film)?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed