Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,564 times)

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

The Proposal (2009) AD version.

I meant to listen to The Proposition (2005), a gritty Australian Western, written by Nick Cave. Instead I picked the wrong thing and got a fun rom com instead, which I enjoyed.  :)

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Went and saw Jaws in IMAX last night! Apparently it's the first time it's being shown on IMAX screens, and wow, it was so awesome to watch on a screen that big!

It's an all time classic, of course. I've seen it a hundred times, but seeing it in an IMAX theatre made it feel like a fresh experience.

So perfectly shot and executed. It has a unique sense of dread and adventure that's so timeless and rewatchable. I always forget just how good the cinematography is, and just how well it's shot. Still have a deep seeded fear of the water because of this film lol.

One of the best films ever, for real.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

God taste as usual @Cosmic Incubation

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 02, 2022, 08:15:14 PMWent and saw Jaws in IMAX last night! Apparently it's the first time it's being shown on IMAX screens, and wow, it was so awesome to watch on a screen that big!

It's an all time classic, of course. I've seen it a hundred times, but seeing it in an IMAX theatre made it feel like a fresh experience.

So perfectly shot and executed. It has a unique sense of dread and adventure that's so timeless and rewatchable. I always forget just how good the cinematography is, and just how well it's shot. Still have a deep seeded fear of the water because of this film lol.

One of the best films ever, for real.

https://regalcdn.azureedge.net/REG/IMAXJawsReissue/HO00012954/TV_SmallPosterImage/20220901-135825757.jpg

Supremely jealous mate. Jaws is one of my all time favourite films but I've never seen it on the big (biggest) screen.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 05, 2022, 01:55:59 AMGod taste as usual @Cosmic Incubation
Thank you kindly, my friend  ;D

Quote from: Prez on Sep 05, 2022, 02:15:33 AMSupremely jealous mate. Jaws is one of my all time favourite films but I've never seen it on the big (biggest) screen.

Same here! One of my absolute favorite films ever, and my whole life I've pretty much only ever seen it on a tv screen. So I jumped at the chance as soon as I saw the tickets were available! It was so worth it. Hope you get the chance to experience it in your neck of the woods sometime!

Stitch

Stitch

Outland

Never seen it before. Can't work out how or why. Decent film.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 06, 2022, 10:09:39 PMOutland

Never seen it before. Can't work out how or why. Decent film.

The only movie I got a genuine nerdgasm from

SiL

SiL

The dvd I saw it on said the runtime was 185 minutes.

When the movie ended significantly earlier, it was the first time I was disappointed a movie wasn't 3 hours long.

(The stated runtime was the runtime of the movie plus all content on the disc)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Other than the stupid moment where
Spoiler
the assassin blows himself out into space like an absolute dumbshit
[close]
I love that film.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Evolution

Rec

Rec 2

Rec 3: Genesis

Rec 4: Apocalypse

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 07, 2022, 10:59:10 AMOther than the stupid moment where
Spoiler
the assassin blows himself out into space like an absolute dumbshit
[close]
I love that film.
But that's totally realistic. Not having reinforced panels in the garden is what makes no sense...  :o

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

What about the kid's acting though? Ye Gods. Decent film.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 07, 2022, 10:00:44 PMWhat about the kid's acting though? Ye Gods. Decent film.
You mean the looped dialogue on the video screen? That was a clunker.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It has Lester Freamon so I can forgive a lot.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Wonder Woman 1984

... Some good stuff, some bad stuff. Not great, but not bad either, but huge demerit points for the really questionable idea of Chris Pine's character taking someone elses body out for a joyride. Nope.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed