What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 591,609 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

An ALIEN cast member Tom Skerritt celebrating a birthday today.

Happy 87th Birthday to Captain Dallas. Hope your having a great day!  "I'm buying.."  ;) in celebration of your birthday.

Cheers!

D

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Sonic booms rattling the house over the weekend from a launch.  Oh how I have missed an active space program  :D

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Fresh pork rinds

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Got the munchies?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 31, 2020, 07:35:28 PM
Fresh pork rinds

Am a huge fan of pork scratchings. They're disgusting but I love them.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Eww

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 25, 2020, 05:36:11 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Aug 25, 2020, 03:51:42 AM
I passed my health and safety test with full marks. Means I can continue working for a few more years. Which is nice.

Congrats!

Thanks!

What made me feel happy today is not dying!
It's my birthday, and my wonderful girlfriend booked us on a freefall thrill ride despite knowing my fear of heights. It's called Plummet 2, in north wales, and it's a 100ft drop in a harness, from a trapdoor. I almost didn't do it, but eventually worked up the nerve, and the actual drop was fine. The build up was horrifying, though, and the most fear I've felt in a very long time.

Totally worth it. Probably do it again.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 02, 2020, 04:15:25 PM
I passed my health and safety test with full marks. Means I can continue working for a few more years. Which is nice.

Congrats!

Thanks!

It's my birthday, and my wonderful girlfriend booked us on a freefall thrill ride despite knowing my fear of heights. It's called Plummet 2, in north wales, and it's a 100ft drop in a harness, from a trapdoor. I almost didn't do it, but eventually worked up the nerve, and the actual drop was fine. The build up was horrifying, though, and the most fear I've felt in a very long time.

That's awesome!  Any pics to post? 

I went skydiving once and felt the same way, not sure if I would do it again but what a rush lol. 

Happy birthday too :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How many combat drops?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 02, 2020, 10:32:59 PM
How many combat drops?
1. Including this one.

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Sep 02, 2020, 06:28:26 PM

Congrats!

Thanks!

That's awesome!  Any pics to post? 

I went skydiving once and felt the same way, not sure if I would do it again but what a rush lol. 

Happy birthday too :)
Thanks. No photos. Not much time in freefall  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Tandem? My Mrs did a charity one and I've never been so jealous. She's scared of heights so was incredibly hard for it. I've always wanted to do a skydive - had originally wanted to go for my 18th, but just never seemed affordable to me.

The build up was horrifying, though, and the most fear I've felt in a very long time.

Oh man! It's the anticipation that always the worse when it comes to anything to like! I can't stand theme park rides and when I get convinced (somehow) to go on one, it's always the waiting in the queue that destroys me.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2020, 08:17:45 AM

Tandem? My Mrs did a charity one and I've never been so jealous. She's scared of heights so was incredibly hard for it. I've always wanted to do a skydive - had originally wanted to go for my 18th, but just never seemed affordable to me.

Yes, I did a tandem jump. It was scary and fun lol, especially when the light turns green and your instructor walks you down the isle then right out of the plane!  I highly recommend it at least once in life. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Successfully did a module of e-learning today. I hate e-learning. I prefer to be in a classroom because my attention span is awful, and when I'm in front of a PC the temptation to flick across to here or socials is too strong. But I did it. I made it through a module.

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Sep 03, 2020, 12:04:26 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2020, 08:17:45 AM

Yes, I did a tandem jump. It was scary and fun lol, especially when the light turns green and your instructor walks you down the isle then right out of the plane!  I highly recommend it at least once in life.

I hope to some day! Just the pennies.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

How much is a jump where you live CH?

Here, one tandem jump with pictures and video cost $220.  It's not cheap but worth every penny  :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Do you get your money back if your parachute doesn't open?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed