What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 591,500 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2017, 11:00:52 AM
Glad to hear it, Whiskey. That sounds lovely.

The Mrs and I have booked a getaway for April. Nice little romantic cabin/holiday home thing in Wales. Of course, it's the same week as AlienDay so I made sure we've got WiFi  :laugh: but hot tub, steam railway nearby, lots of countryside and a lake. Really can't wait.

Sounds the perfect place to.........
Spoiler
create life ;)
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My Middle-Earth collection is more or less complete.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 27, 2017, 01:21:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/eiK6D28.jpg

Congratulations, I bought quite a few LOTR releated books a little while back myself.

Congratulations, I purchased most of the the middle earth related books a little while back myself. Unfortunately, I have yet to read almost any of them yet.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 27, 2017, 02:05:47 AM

Congratulations, I purchased most of the the middle earth related books a little while back myself. Unfortunately, I have yet to read almost any of them yet.

Heh, I'm only just now starting on the History of Middle-Earth books myself, and I've had the box set of the first five for ages now. It's so old the insides of the front covers are still advertising the movie tie-in editions of LotR.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 27, 2017, 02:11:57 AM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 27, 2017, 02:05:47 AM

Heh, I'm only just now starting on the History of Middle-Earth books myself, and I've had the box set of the first five for ages now. It's so old the insides of the front covers are still advertising the movie tie-in editions of LotR.
Well, at least that makes two of us.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I suggest picking up the Languages Of Middle Earth book, it was a very handy reference guide when I was learning all the language breakdowns and other names of everyone in the books.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jan 27, 2017, 03:52:16 AM
I suggest picking up the Languages Of Middle Earth book, it was a very handy reference guide when I was learning all the language breakdowns and other names of everyone in the books.

I'll look into it. I''ll eventually get everything in hardcover, as well. And there's the standalone Beren and Luthien book coming in May. I'm skeptical that there's a complete enough version of the long form story, but the Alan Lee art should be worth the purchase.

AL

AL

I got some toys that were on sale (- 60% )  :laugh:

And I checked the release date of Covenant, and I will see it one week before most of you guys :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's motherf**king Friday! I'm not on-call for the next 7 days, going to pick up the comics and new Attack Wing ship, heading off into the city for a tiny bit of shopping, dinner and movie date with the Mrs and I may go and get a wet shave. I've always wanted one but I've never done it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Bear in mind, if you don't normally wet shave your skin is gonna be proper raw after lol. I went for a full-on Turkish shave a while back after coming home from a music festival with a beard, and it really did a number on my skin.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh man, now I don't want to.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

Just saying. The fact mine was quite so long when I had it done probably didn't help. If it had been shorter it would've been less painful.

Just wait 'til they slap the aftershave on :laugh:

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 27, 2017, 10:47:29 AM
Bear in mind, if you don't normally wet shave your skin is gonna be proper raw after lol. I went for a full-on Turkish shave a while back after coming home from a music festival with a beard, and it really did a number on my skin.
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2017, 08:49:13 AM
It's motherf**king Friday! I'm not on-call for the next 7 days, going to pick up the comics and new Attack Wing ship, heading off into the city for a tiny bit of shopping, dinner and movie date with the Mrs and I may go and get a wet shave. I've always wanted one but I've never done it.

You guys have never wet your face before shaving?? And why would you pay to get a shave when a can of Barbasol costs probably less. ???

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wet shave as in cut throat shave -

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 27, 2017, 11:05:49 AMYou guys have never wet your face before shaving??

Electric razors :)

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 27, 2017, 11:05:49 AMAnd why would you pay to get a shave when a can of Barbasol costs probably less. ???

I mostly did it because a) my beard had grown long and it's a pain in the arse to shave it when it's long with an electric razor, and b) a new barber's had just opened and she was offering Turkish shaves, so I thought I'd give it a go!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed