What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 591,662 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Is it out now?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 10, 2015, 07:49:05 AM
Is it out now?

Yep, for about an hour now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Cool. I'll have to have a gander and see if its available for us UKians.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Tell me if it's good or if it sucks and is awful...

Hey dudes and dudetters, thanks for putting up with my ass. I've been through and done plenty, but I really appreciate an online community like you that just says "ok bro, chill and come back" lol.

I'm here, and I will do better, and thanks.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's so f**king good. I now totally trust Netflix to do Punisher justice. It's to superhero shows what Hannibal is to serial killers. Bloody, dark, and based as f**k.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Punisher? Really?

That's asking a HELL of a lot man...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 10, 2015, 08:51:41 AM
It's so f**king good. I now totally trust Netflix to do Punisher justice. It's to superhero shows what Hannibal is to serial killers. Bloody, dark, and based as f**k.

The quality of Netflix stuff is great. I don't doubt that it'll do good with a steady hand behind it.

MudButt

MudButt

Daredevil is great, Netflix is the perfect platform for shows like this. If the showrunner for Daredevil handled Punisher, it would be amazing.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 10, 2015, 07:01:59 AM
What do you tend to do for employment? What's your field?

Aaaaaah... This is a little embarassing to say since this is a choice I made in my life but, I don't have any skills and the only education which I have is a high school level education. I made the decision not to go to college. Stupid me.

I mostly have experience with odd jobs, usually in the retail field. The most experience I have had was working as a costumed character for a Halloween store, and that was a seasonal job.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 09, 2015, 11:28:14 PM
Some light at the end of the tunnel!  ;D

I've already mentioned that my folks and I will be heading back to Philadelphia to get home, but it things MAYBE and HOPEFULLY are getting better. Not only was my Mom being transferred from Target's Odessa branch back to Cherry Hill's branch, but she has an interview for a full time job. So things maybe looking up! Now all I need is employment up north and we're good!

I've looked into the possibility of attending a Veterinarian Tech school.

Giddyup! Keep smiling and don't give up hope, brother. Things will work out.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 10, 2015, 04:15:03 PM

Aaaaaah... This is a little embarassing to say since this is a choice I made in my life but, I don't have any skills and the only education which I have is a high school level education. I made the decision not to go to college. Stupid me.

I mostly have experience with odd jobs, usually in the retail field. The most experience I have had was working as a costumed character for a Halloween store, and that was a seasonal job.

Number 1 - Mudbutt, I just die with joy even reading your screen name and seeing that beautiful Renner set.

Number 2 - Raka, don't forget how many college graduates are neck deep in debt with NO JOB to show for it. It's kind of the majority. Don't worry and keep fighting the good fight, old boy. You will win.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 10, 2015, 04:15:03 PM

Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure a lot of people do retail. I was only do admin work until I fell into this I.T job. I'd spent 3 years at college, 2 doing Media and 1 doing general A/S levels. Didn't really give me any knowledge I use on a day-to-day basis.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 12, 2015, 06:58:42 AM
Number 2 - Raka, don't forget how many college graduates are neck deep in debt with NO JOB to show for it. It's kind of the majority. Don't worry and keep fighting the good fight, old boy. You will win.

That's something I've been made aware of. Sometimes when I am reminded of that, it's a positive that I didn't go to college. I've heard stories about college graduates who can't pay off their student loans and are unable to find things.

But I am determined to go back to Philadelphia, and the Camden County area of New Jersey.. and making this work. Something in my bones tells me that this time things maybe better. Either that or faith.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Also... Love your Jack Burton avatar and signature. Big Trouble in Little China.. Great movie!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 13, 2015, 11:43:06 AM
Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure a lot of people do retail. I was only do admin work until I fell into this I.T job. I'd spent 3 years at college, 2 doing Media and 1 doing general A/S levels. Didn't really give me any knowledge I use on a day-to-day basis.

Aside from doctors, lawyers, veterinarians and Indian chiefs.. does anyone use the knowledge they acquired in college in a day to day basis?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

MOM WAS JUST OFFERED A JOB!! AND WE'RE NOT EVEN BACK HOME YET!!!

WE'RE GOING HOME!! WE'RE GOING HOME!! WE'RE GOING HOME!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MudButt

MudButt

Congrats man, so glad to hear it's working out!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed