Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 329,918 times)

SisterJill

SisterJill

In South America it's coming to our local streamer Star+ and it's coming on 4K, Dolby Atmos, etc

but my TV doesn't support 4K so it'll be regular HD for me

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Is it? Every place is saying it's coming out on D+, guess I'll wait till it's out to restart my subscription

SiL

SiL

Isn't Star part of D+ for you? Is here.

SisterJill

SisterJill

Oh no, I think specifically in Brazil Star+ is an entire separate streaming service lol

Some joke

Just caught this new BTS video on the Predator twitter account. I'm trying not to watch it

https://twitter.com/Predator/status/1554933966456532992

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Yeah I'm brazilian and genuinely confused lol, I'll just wait till it releases ig

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jul 29, 2022, 01:25:23 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 29, 2022, 05:23:04 AM300 is close enough to 303 geez.
I don't get it. I just wanted clarification of the timeline.
Sorry for the late response.
But, yea, 1719. You can google it. "Prey 2022 setting." They've stated the year as 1719 previously, which is 300 years ago with a few insignificant years to spare.

I keep seeing a lot people guessing that the release will be midnight pacific time (US west coast) on august 5th. For Hulu, I'm pretty sure it's always midnight east coast time, so those of us on the west coast will get it 3 hrs early (9 pm august 4th). I base this on the release of new episodes of Hulu exclusive shows that I watch on a regular basis...
Plus I googled it and it says Prey releases 12 am EST Aug. 5th which would be 9 pm PST Aug. 4th.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 04, 2022, 04:27:12 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jul 29, 2022, 01:25:23 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 29, 2022, 05:23:04 AM300 is close enough to 303 geez.
I don't get it. I just wanted clarification of the timeline.
Sorry for the late response.
But, yea, 1719. You can google it. "Prey 2022 setting." They've stated the year as 1719 previously, which is 300 years ago with a few insignificant years to spare.

I keep seeing a lot people guessing that the release will be midnight pacific time (US west coast) on august 5th. For Hulu, I'm pretty sure it's always midnight east coast time, so those of us on the west coast will get it 3 hrs early (9 pm august 4th). I base this on the release of new episodes of Hulu exclusive shows that I watch on a regular basis...
Plus I googled it and it says Prey releases 12 am EST Aug. 5th which would be 9 pm PST Aug. 4th.
So a little early than expected possible, makes no difference to me and probably most of the Europeans as it'd be like 5am if that's the case

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Ok so the movie is appearing to be a very well made critical success. Awesome.

But what about financially. How exactly will Prey "make money" on Hulu? Where is the return on the investment in the film? How does that work with exclusive streaming movies?

SiL

SiL

New subscribers.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 03, 2022, 06:16:11 PM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 03, 2022, 07:32:46 AMNot sure if it's been mentioned but I just watched the preview on Disney + for Prey.

It's going to stream in 4K, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.  8)

Super pumped, my viewing of this at home will be better than the cinema could have provided. I really wasn't expecting them to go all out.

I have a 4K TV and when I select a 4K film (Marvel for example), on the film title page the description says HD. Should this say 4K? The settings are on automatic so says it will detect the best available.

What TV do you have? There could be a setting that needs changed in the menu to enable 4K. The LG does. Also good call on the app. If you're using a skybox that doesnt support 4k it wont work.

I use the LG internal Disney + app.

Best way to check is to play some content and press the "information" button or " signal information", most TVs have one. You want to see it say 2160 instead of 1080 for the signal.

Also if your tv does not support Dolby Vision (Samsung's don't) you won't get Dolby Vision. It will still play in 4K though.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Highland on Aug 04, 2022, 12:08:33 PM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 03, 2022, 07:32:46 AMNot sure if it's been mentioned but I just watched the preview on Disney + for Prey.

Super pumped, my viewing of this at home will be better than the cinema could have provided. I really wasn't expecting them to go all out.

I have a 4K TV and when I select a 4K film (Marvel for example), on the film title page the description says HD. Should this say 4K? The settings are on automatic so says it will detect the best available.

What TV do you have? There could be a setting that needs changed in the menu to enable 4K. The LG does. Also good call on the app. If you're using a skybox that doesnt support 4k it wont work.

Best way to check is to play some content and press the "information" button or " signal information", most TVs have one. You want to see it say 2160 instead of 1080 for the signal.

Hey.

Sorry, I was meant to post an update last night. I logged in via the TV app and everything is available in 4K (of the content that is 4K). Should have done this to start with. I guess the Sky box doesn't support 4K. 👎

Highland

Highland

Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 04, 2022, 12:13:29 PM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 04, 2022, 12:08:33 PM

Hey.

Sorry, I was meant to post an update last night. I logged in via the TV app and everything is available in 4K (of the content that is 4K). Should have done this to start with. I guess the Sky box doesn't support 4K. 👎

Yeah more than likely. My box (not sky) does do 4K but I only use it for sport.

I reckon prey is going to look amazing if the trailer is anything to go by.

I'm in Australia so I'm interested to see if I get it at midnight 😂 More than likely not! 

Corporal Hicks

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed