Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 287,658 times)

Nightmare Asylum

At the very least, I hope the Gibson novel sells well enough for Ward's to get the same treatment. Ward's concept remains my favorite of the myriad of unmade Alien 3s.

Engineer

A novel adaptation isn't a bad idea, but I'd definitely prefer it in the comics format for the visuals.

There is a graphic novel version of ward's script online though. It doesn't look like it'll ever be finished but it's mostly there... I know I've shared the link a few times already lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 25, 2021, 01:39:36 PM
Do we know if this is totally standalone from the first arc, or is it going to be Cruz that crashes down and upends the Spinners' lives with an Alien run amok?

I believe it's Cruz.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, definite shades of Ward if that's the plotline.

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: TNF on Jun 24, 2021, 11:05:22 AM
My Amazon pre-order for #6 says "cancelled by publisher."
Amazon told me what I had actually wasn't a subscription, but rather a kindle ebook pre-order. The publisher cancelled the pre-order on the possibility that it can't be fulfilled on the certain date or that a Kindle edition of the comic series will not be published yet.

Quote from: TNF on Jun 25, 2021, 02:39:15 PM
Quote from: TNF on Jun 24, 2021, 11:05:22 AM
My Amazon pre-order for #6 says "cancelled by publisher."
Amazon told me what I had actually wasn't a subscription, but rather a kindle ebook pre-order. The publisher cancelled the pre-order on the possibility that it can't be fulfilled on the certain date or that a Kindle edition of the comic series will not be published yet.
Prolly just wait until the run is over and buy the compilation. Hard to keep up with those slim comics.

BlueMarsalis79

So possibly also wasting the Vincent Ward idea on this hack team?

It just gets better.

RidgeTop

Been doing a deep dive on the 'reference' in the first arc. Definitely some tracing / photoshop hackery going on...

RhinoAlien

RhinoAlien

Marvel publishes the "Star Wars" comics too. I would not be at all surprised if stolen/unattributed artwork in their "Alien" line continued the tradition.

RidgeTop

judge death

Took a look at the likes and reactions on fb and twitter etc and over 70% love the art and 80% is preordering or saying: take my money. Well seems marvels tactic is working nicely, trace away artists, just make sure the art is photolike and printed weekly and we are safe. XD

426Buddy

People love poop

kwisatz

Nothing further to add to that.

Local Trouble

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 26, 2021, 05:32:47 PM
People love poop

The older I get, the more I appreciate a good poop.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed