The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by Nightlord, Jun 19, 2023, 06:50:28 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 7,770 times)

Yeaok

Yeaok

The Xbox version has too many bugs. I'm waiting for an update before I continue playing

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

Is anybody else struggling with this game? I want to like it but just can't get onboard with it. Granted it's not my usual type of game I play so will naturally find it more challenging but I can't even get past mission two! The mechanics just don't work for me, and does anyone else think the graphics look pretty dated??

BlueMarsalis79

They are not dated, just stylised. Not as ugly as the usual Arkane Dishonoured type stuff for sure.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

I mean it's not like graphic are the best, it's visible that the budget was smaller, but with what they had, the game looks pretty good, thanks to mentioned stylyzation and isometric camera.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jun 21, 2023, 02:09:24 AMAny thoughts on the final boss at the end of the game?

Meh

[cancerblack]

Quote from: P1NK8C1DBOOTS on Jun 27, 2023, 06:48:05 PMIs anybody else struggling with this game? I want to like it but just can't get onboard with it.

I have no way to play it, but honestly even if I did, I wouldn't, despite the fact that in theory it's everything I've ever asked for in an Alien game. But the older I get, the more I find that all I can play is boomer shooters on easy or medium, and that any level of resource management beyond ammo count, or multi-tasking beyond target priority, is just impossible for me.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 28, 2023, 09:12:09 AM
Quote from: P1NK8C1DBOOTS on Jun 27, 2023, 06:48:05 PMIs anybody else struggling with this game? I want to like it but just can't get onboard with it.

I have no way to play it, but honestly even if I did, I wouldn't, despite the fact that in theory it's everything I've ever asked for in an Alien game. But the older I get, the more I find that all I can play is boomer shooters on easy or medium, and that any level of resource management beyond ammo count, or multi-tasking beyond target priority, is just impossible for me.

Play with the pause function then. It becomes a slow chess game then ;D

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: Predatorium on Jun 28, 2023, 06:01:22 AM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jun 21, 2023, 02:09:24 AMAny thoughts on the final boss at the end of the game?

Meh

Spoiler
I liked it! so glad a studio had the balls to invent a new silhouette. Tired to death seeing these tame alien remixes with different variations of crests and dorsal tubes. James Cameron certainly wasn't scared to invent something new.

I liked that it had no legs because the space jockey probably doesn't have any. I was wondering how the hell a tiny facehugger could infect something that big, but that was answered, right?
[close]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Predatorium on Jun 28, 2023, 10:08:34 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 28, 2023, 09:12:09 AM

Play with the pause function then. It becomes a slow chess game then ;D

Well, like I said, I don't have any devices that can handle it. Pacing isn't my issue so much, as keeping track of multiple things is. I've always been a terrible multi-tasker and it's not getting better with age.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Angry Joe has an impression video. Very positive!

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: shadowedge on Jul 05, 2023, 03:45:40 AMAngry Joe has an impression video. Very positive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK1azOpQkFI
Just saw it a few hours ago, I'm waiting their final review. I'm very happy with the very positive reception that this game is having.

Corporal Hicks

https://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3767980/aliens-dark-descent-review/

Bloody Disgusting loved it. Though minus a million points for not liking Isolation.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Good review but im not sure how he didnt encounrer any bugs on the PS5. Game is in desperate need of a major patch. I lost count of the amount of times I had to reset. Even the interaction button became completely non responsive at one point.

shadowedge

shadowedge

James Stephanie Sterling just rated this game. She is a big Aliens fan. Gave the game a respectable a 7/10. Would have been much higher and game of the year material if not for all the bugs, some of them game breaking.  Those lowered the score. Played it on the PS5 which was not bug fixed or patched by the time of the review.

https://www.thejimquisition.com/post/aliens-dark-descent-hurry-up-you-slugs-review

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed