Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,202 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Crainy on Mar 20, 2010, 08:37:52 PM
Sorry, but i dont see any things in AVPR which could piss of fans.
Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.

Crainy

Crainy

Ok, i think i know were this is leading too. Im arguing with someone who just goes with the flow and who is totally unable to make up his own opinion.
So ill stop here, i mean, the one way or the other, it will lead to nothing.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Ohhh... anticlimax.  :(

SiL

SiL

QuoteOk, i think i know were this is leading too. Im arguing with someone who just goes with the flow and who is totally unable to make up his own opinion.
If you're genuinely too stupid to see the threads of posts I and others have made about problems with AvPR, then you're talking about yourself here.

We see you trollin', we hatin'
Patrollin' we tryin' to catch you postin' dirty

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

As Sil pointed out, the Strause said they knew, so this is moot.

The only things which piss of fans come from the the first one into the second. Like earth.

They did not have to follow this path. They did it anyway.

AVP had 1. Predator/Human love story

Err, what? They worked together, that's not a love story.

2. No gore

In the words of one of my favorite critics "Who gives a sh*t! If the story sucks, it doesnt MATTER what it's rated or how much gore it has!"

3. Shitty alien lifecycle

Both movies are equally guilty of that.

4. Fat predators

Yeah, they do suck. They were carried over into AVP: R, too.

5. Predators die faster than human characters

Either the aliens are the "ultimate" prey, or all of this versus nonsense is a load of crap. I like that the two nubs that were too gun-happy got owned. They werent prioritising, they got owned. Thats what happens when you SCREW AROUND when there are seven foot killing machines roaming around waiting to penetrate your face with a hydraulic mouth-tongue! The idea is to create menance and tension.

If there is no menance, no chance of the aliens actually kicking the Predators ass, there is no point to the versus.

AVPR had more or less everything what the fans wanted, but failed at really making it good: 1. Predalien 2. Badass Predator 3. Alien lifecycle which isnt speed up 4. Gore

Aliens that arent a threat, teenagers for human protaganists, an IDIOT Predator who cant make up his mind about what his motivation is, an ARMY of one liners and homages ripped from the original films.... That is definitly not what this fan wanted to see.

Anderson didnt gave a shit

Hardly. Anderson cared creatively, he just had some not-so-good ideas. Combine that with poor action directing and a meandering pace for the first two acts and you have the final package. A little work could have made AVP a different, but good, film.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Crainy on Mar 20, 2010, 08:39:56 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 20, 2010, 08:39:04 PM
You are really mixing up the two movies.

Explain or your argument is invalide.

I'd rather not, but fine.

Then you obviously haven't watched the Alien films often, or at all.

QuoteThe only things which piss of fans come from the the first one into the second.

Care to rephrase that? The way it's constructed, I have no idea what the hell you're trying to say.

QuoteLike earth.

At least they kept it to an isolated locale, where it's plausible that nobody would notice all the destruction and explosions. AvP:R(ectum) put it in the middle of a town of thousands.

QuoteAVP had 1. Predator/Human love story

I don't think you could qualify that as a love story, and, as SiL already stated, he was incorporating an element from the AvP comics that nobody had really been all that upset about.

Quote2. No gore

I'll admit, that was stupid, but I'll take "okay film with no gore" over "terrible film with excessive gore" any day.

Quote3. Shitty alien lifecycle

Something that was kept in the second film. In fact, they made it even worse. (f**king predalien* embryo shit!)

Quote4. Fat predators

Alright, understandable, but not every Predator has to look the same.

Quote5. Predators die faster than human characters

Actually, most of the humans die before the Predators.

QuoteAVPR had more or less everything what the fans wanted, but failed at really making it good: 1. Predalien

It had almost nothing that the fans wanted; tense story? Nope. Characters? Non-existent. Formidable Aliens? Not even close. Competent Predator? Ha! The predalien*? Don't even get me started on that horrible abomination.

Quote2. Badass Predator

If by badass, you mean a completely incompetent fighter.

Quote3. Alien lifecycle which isnt speed up

Except that it is.

Quote4. Gore

Gore for gore's sake isn't a good thing.

QuoteAnderson didnt gave a shit, he just wanted to maximize his profit, with PG13 and generall focus on things which would look "cool" in the eyes of the youth.

Anderson did 'give a shit.' He tried to make a somewhat competent film and, even though the end result wasn't that good, it at least showed the effort. The Strauses were the ones that really didn't give a shit. They pitted an incompetent Predator against legions of retarded Aliens, all for the sake of making it look cool. They've said as much themselves, sans the incompetent part.

*may the curse upon its name be lifted

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

What's up with the Gore--->good argument? Since when you base the quality of a movie on the level of blood in it? i'm confused.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

They're grabbing at straws, mate.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

I don't think the guys trolling, It seems like he's actually that dense.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yeah, it seemed genuine to me too, hence my long-winded response.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Did anyone else noticed that the pred that blew a hole in the hull of the ship blasted nothing. He turned to face a wall and then randomly...fired? WTH

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, they searched an excuse for it to crash (and still today I can't find a reason to that dropship going back)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenokiller on Mar 20, 2010, 09:18:11 PM
Did anyone else noticed that the pred that blew a hole in the hull of the ship blasted nothing. He turned to face a wall and then randomly...fired? WTH

Ya, I still don't understand that. Had he run down the hall, fired again, then missed, it would've made more sense.

SiL

SiL

And people say Anderson did the Preds a disservice :P

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Crainy on Mar 20, 2010, 08:39:56 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 20, 2010, 08:39:04 PM
You are really mixing up the two movies.

Explain or your argument is invalide.

no u

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed