Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,354 times)

fonzi

fonzi

I was suprised to see so many votes going to AvPR. I like all the movies,even AVPR,,well..its got the Predator fighting Aliens,,so thats always cool. But as a movie in general AVP was better.
AvPR just seemed a little too cheesy sometimes,not to mention the pointless human story bit.

Predator King

Predator King

Quote from: fonzi on Feb 01, 2009, 10:10:37 AM
I was suprised to see so many votes going to AvPR. I like all the movies,even AVPR,,well..its got the Predator fighting Aliens,,so thats always cool. But as a movie in general AVP was better.
AvPR just seemed a little too cheesy sometimes,not to mention the pointless human story bit.

I couldn't agree more.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: fonzi on Feb 01, 2009, 10:10:37 AM

AvP and AvP:R both have the same level of suck because both films had something the other one lacked.

Predator King

Predator King

The only aspectss AVP lacked that AVP2 had was a spot on Predator design and a R rating. AVP2 lacked countless aspectss that AVP had. For example, cool lighting, long and well choreographed fights and acting. And that's just a few!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Cool lighting? What cool lighting?

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 08, 2009, 06:09:56 PM
Cool lighting? What cool lighting?

the saturated blue filtering, reminiscent of the Aliens movie

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Which is why the whole pyramid sequence was shot in gray, right?

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 09, 2009, 03:52:47 PM
Which is why the whole pyramid sequence was shot in gray, right?

It wasn't. They just heavily saturated the colors. The predominant color is royal blue thought, and its most evident during the outside scenes

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I didn't see any blue in that entire movie. My feeling was that the entire pyramid sequence could've been shot in black and white and it wouldn't have made a difference. The only colour variation I really remember was the red lighting in the Queen's chamber.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 09, 2009, 05:40:37 PM
I didn't see any blue in that entire movie. My feeling was that the entire pyramid sequence could've been shot in black and white and it wouldn't have made a difference. The only colour variation I really remember was the red lighting in the Queen's chamber.

Perhaps maybe because the colors were desaturated a bit too much, although fine for my tastes. The blue is most visible outside, like I said. Its that desaturated royal blue, beautiful looking filtering if you ask me. Love it since I a huge James Cameron fan and he always uses the blue/green filters on his movies. It gives it that great otherwordly look
Outside

Inside

And here's a regular, untouched coloring from avpR for example

Inside

Outside

War Wager

War Wager

Just one of the many reasons Requiem looks so cheap. ^

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: War Wager on Feb 09, 2009, 07:28:18 PM
Just one of the many reasons Requiem looks so cheap. ^

requiem actually was cheap. It was made in canada, but its not much cheaper there than in US, and $40 mill in US or canada for a scifi movie is very low. The first one was done for $60 but in Czech Republic, done for 1/3 of the US price, so the movie is actually done like it had a ~$150 mill budget.  Thats why it feels so big and poor avpR suffers in comparison and seems like a low budget straight to DVD flick

War Wager

War Wager

AvP looks a lot more expensive than it actually is. That was one of Andersons goals and I think he pulled it off really well. AvPR looks even cheaper than it actually is because the movies visual style is non existent. Even if the colour grading wasn't so murky, it would still look cheap ass.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

well, thats probably due to the fact that it was someone's very first movie

War Wager

War Wager

Er... Alien3... Finchers first feature? :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed