New AvP2 Pictures In ADI Book

Started by Darkness, Apr 21, 2007, 09:11:03 PM

Author
New AvP2 Pictures In ADI Book (Read 46,235 times)

SiL

SiL

I don't mind the changes made in Alien. In fact I really like those designs - They were more agile versions of the original and they maintained the biomechanical aspect. Head still looked like a penis and all that, but a ridged one for all the ladies.

...I feel dirty having said that last remark, but anyway.

I think my point was best summed up when ADI made the head shorter and flatter - Removing one of the fundamental design aesthetics, the psycho-sexual undertones - because they thought pointier shapes are more menacing.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Ooo!

Champiionser

Champiionser

It's a brown alien and i wonder about the other multiple creatures in the film.Looks like this movie will be full,see this:Predator,facehuggers,ridged head aliens,smooth head aliens,praetorians,predalien,a queen,an other newborn and humans.I can't wait to see this :P I have modify my post,now is more clear.

SiL

SiL

Praetorians?

God, please no O_o

And the newborne was the result of severe genetic tampering. I don't think it's coming back.

Champiionser

Champiionser

Quote from: SiL on Apr 21, 2007, 10:14:23 PM
Praetorians?

God, please no O_o

And the newborne was the result of severe genetic tampering. I don't think it's coming back.

I'm joking only,i'm joking with the interview that tells about the battle on the roof or something.It's says there will be multiple creatures included.I have no idea what that is suposed to mean.Maybe the lonely predator fights with aliens on the roof,but humans are included in to the fight too.But whatever the pics got me hyped,the creatures are improved.I can't belive ADI becomes better after just one avp and this is good.I'm happy for the fact they know what has to be changed since the first avp.

Aliendrone

Aliendrone

okay, i've seen something. Now i can go a month without new stuff.....(teaser now)...nothing.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Overall, I am very pleased with the look of this Alien. The ribs look great, and the paint job looks similar to Cameron's version, with the black background with brown highlights.

Very excited.

Can't wait to see more of the pred, but I'm loving the lighting situations I'm seeing.

Skynetdyne

Skynetdyne

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Apr 21, 2007, 11:23:00 AM
f**k!

My number one hate of ADI's recent Aliens was the shitty top lip used in A:R and AvP...and it's still there!  Even though they dropped the dome, they kept that shit-eating, droopy-ass f**king lip.

Damn it.
Yeah, yeah.  I know I sound like a raving fanboy, but sometimes you just can't help it.  :)

Hasnt the lip been in every alien film? I distinctly remember the lip being pulled back right before Lambert gets PWND in Alien..

Lemme know if im wrong.

Aliendrone

Aliendrone

Quote from: Skynetdyne on Apr 22, 2007, 01:25:54 AM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Apr 21, 2007, 11:23:00 AM
f**k!

My number one hate of ADI's recent Aliens was the shitty top lip used in A:R and AvP...and it's still there!  Even though they dropped the dome, they kept that shit-eating, droopy-ass f**king lip.

Damn it.
Yeah, yeah.  I know I sound like a raving fanboy, but sometimes you just can't help it.  :)

Hasnt the lip been in every alien film? I distinctly remember the lip being pulled back right before Lambert gets PWND in Alien..

Lemme know if im wrong.

you ain't wrong. its been here, all the way. ( i mean the lip)

Skynetdyne

Skynetdyne

Ok thanks I thought so..

any ways im ready to bust at the new pic right now..
My fan boy dream is that the ALien hive gets made in the sewars and they drag towns folk down there once it gets big enough. That would be scarry as shit!

Then the pred gets to town and eventually has to fight his way to the hive center kinda homage to the Pred ship in P2 which was hiding in the sewars lol

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Dekapitator on Apr 21, 2007, 10:46:40 AM
Nothing to complain about the Predator.

How can you complain about something too small to see?

Quote from: Dekapitator on Apr 21, 2007, 10:46:40 AM
I hope the Alien has that ugly color only because of the lighting, I like my Xenos black.

The Strauses said the movie would be filmed in cool blues.

SiL

SiL

They said they'd be using a variety of palets. As you can see from the still of the Predator, it's orange in that scene, not blue.

As for the lip, while they've always had lips, yes, what he's getting at is that dopey V-shaped half-smiling grin that the Alien Res-AvP designs had.

Uncanny Antman

^Thanks SiL.  That is exactly what I was talking about.  The original Alien's lips were awesome.  Even the Alien 3 "human lips" worked really well.  But I hate the Rez/AvP style.

I probably reacted strongly because the rest of the design looks good.

It's almost like they left the lip there just to make sure I couldn't enjoy it 100%  ;)

Johnny Handsome

But whats so wrong about them, i think they look good and they match perfectly with the design.

SiL

SiL

I prefer the weird condom-and-cable lips of the original design. Just looked so creepy.

Here they just curl into a snarl.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed