New AvP2 Pictures In ADI Book

Started by Darkness, Apr 21, 2007, 09:11:03 PM

Author
New AvP2 Pictures In ADI Book (Read 46,302 times)

Champiionser

Champiionser

Quote from: Champonser on Apr 21, 2007, 11:53:07 AM
Like i said on the front page i like this pic better than the first.

dDave

dDave

The Alien looks very cool, really like those in Aliens ;D
I like those more than the original Alien, because when you see the original, you couldnt think it is a brutal, i mean fast and agile, creature or fighter, so in my opinion the original was only a creature that could attack out of the dakness and only when the prey is in front of him^^
I like Aliens 8)

Champiionser

Champiionser

Quote from: dDave on Apr 21, 2007, 12:53:10 PM
The Alien looks very cool, really like those in Aliens ;D
I like those more than the original Alien, because when you see the original, you couldnt think it is a brutal, i mean fast and agile, creature or fighter, so in my opinion the original was only a creature that could attack out of the dakness and only when the prey is in front of him^^
I like Aliens 8)

The first alien is way too slow,but the design is still and remain the best.

dDave

dDave

QuoteThe first alien is way too slow,but the design is still and remain the best.

But why, tell me why!
I want to understand it...
I mean, its the original, thats cool enough, but i think at the second time they make it little better...

Champiionser

Champiionser

Quote from: dDave on Apr 21, 2007, 12:59:15 PM
The first alien is way too slow,but the design is still and remain the best.

But why, tell me why!
I want to understand it...
I mean, its the original, thats cool enough, but i think at the second time they make it little better...

Cuz it's less an insectoid like the ones in aliens.The xenos in resurraction are too beast like and the one in alien3(second in my opinion)is animalistic.Think about it,the first alien is just so....alien.It's just my opinion anyone has an opinion for himself,there is nothing wrong about the fact that you prefer the aliens in "aliens".

dDave

dDave

Quote from: Champonser on Apr 21, 2007, 01:28:01 PM
Cuz it's less an insectoid like the ones in aliens.The xenos in resurraction are too beast like and the one in alien3(second in my opinion)is animalistic.Think about it,the first alien is just so....alien.It's just my opinion anyone has an opinion for himself,there is nothing wrong about the fact that you prefer the aliens in "aliens".

OK
Now i understand why you think the original is better ;)
but for me and my opinion it doesnt matter.
but thats really ok ;D

Keyes

Keyes

I personally think it's cool we get a slightly different version each time. If we knew it was going to look exactly the same next time, we'd have not so much to talk about haha! ;D

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DazAvP01 on Apr 21, 2007, 01:43:48 PM
I personally think it's cool we get a slightly different version each time. If we knew it was going to look exactly the same next time, we'd have not so much to talk about haha! ;D
Yeahh, and i think this is the best version of the Alien since the original and the Aliens from "Aliens".

gameoverman

gameoverman

The alien looks good but I'll reserve judgement for the predator until we get to see his face.

Aliendrone

Aliendrone

I honestly squeeked when I saw the pictures. I can't wait for the trailer.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: SiL on Apr 21, 2007, 09:00:55 AM
When it comes to this, people call me a purist, but I don't think that's fair.

I appreciate everything that went into the original design. The aesthetic, the sexual undertones, the uniqueness, its ultimate composition. So much went into creating something that was new and frightening, easily one of, if not the, best creature design to grace the screen. It was bizarre and twisted, a biomechanical parody of the human form.

And now it looks like a shit that gained sentience. A tube here or there. The second jaw, a slightly elongated head. Drool, a tail, protrusions on the back. But now it looks so far removed from what it was I just can't look at it and think 'That's the Alien'. It's not. It's a knock-off, a parody, something that belongs in a B-movie ripoff.

There end my two cents.

Odd as it may seem, SiL, I agree with you... The original design was top notch, why mess with it...?

The 'Aliens' movie is 'guilty' of this odd change between the 'domed xenos' and the 'un-domed ones'... This later design was less expensive, less heavy for the stunt guys, but it created continuity problems because the hosts being from the same species, why the different xeno appearance...?

People have suggested that the 'Aliens' ones are drones, there to protect the Queen and gather hosts for impregnation, and the original was a soldier one, more individualistic in nature and a hunter... But we have seen now, in AVP,  the Queen and the 'domed ones' together, so that explanation is off now... So why the different designs then...?

IMO, the AVP2 design is there as a crowd-pleaser, what I called a 'fan-pleaser'... And it will just add more to the confusion especially if there is to be no Queen... This is a visual gaffe that was never explained on-screen... And I think they should, somehow, explain this in AVP2...but this is me holding my breath...  ::)

So, SiL, if you are a purist, then so am I, and that is somewhat contradictory as far as I am concerned, right...?  ;)

Aliendrone

Aliendrone

if there is no queen (even though i want her back) maybe they are protecting the PredAlien and are protecting it like they protect a queen.

A theory...

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Aliendrone on Apr 21, 2007, 03:16:45 PM
if there is no queen (even though i want her back) maybe they are protecting the PredAlien and are protecting it like they protect a queen.

A theory...

Unlikely, if the first part of the AICN script is SOMEWHAT maintained, which, as far as FOX is concerned, I don't think it will be changed a great deal... The Aliens will have to show up on Earth from somewhere and my guess is the crashing Predator spaceship from AVP...

Now, the Predalien will probably die in the crash, with the rest of the Predator clan... Bummer... and the sole survivors will be some facehuggers (whose existance on the ship must be explained in the light of what transpired from AVP...)  which will impregnate some humans and the Predator will arrive from space or just being a surviving Predator who managed to escape in a pod before the crash...who knows, right...? ... and will begin his hunt of the Xenos... That is what I think will happen... But the Predalien is probably only gonna be in the first 5, 10 minutes of the movie... Again, that is my guess...! ;) 

x-M-x

x-M-x

interesting screens.... and the Alien design looks sick!  8)

Cant wait for this.

x-M-x

Highland

Highland

I think the directors would be happy with the different creatures, i would if I were them, it makes your mark on the series, and as we know nothing about the development from a movie point of view, theres no need to explain the different heads..

Who knows? maybe the original Alien will make an appereance, remember, theres multiple creatures in this one as far as were led to believe.

Predalien is a must for me, I think it would take alot of balls to introduce a change to the series, then kill it off after 5 minutes, cant see that happening,

Hybrid is the trump card for this movie....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed