Pokemon

Started by ChAoS, Sep 12, 2007, 01:58:57 AM

Author
Pokemon (Read 75,739 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Finished Sword in around 20 hours.

It is definitely an improvement over previous entries but it's still the same game we played 20 years ago. How about some proper voice acting and cut-scenes instead of just lines of text? How about some caves or mazes like the Silph Road HQ? This is why I think Ni No Kuni is still heaps better than this. Watch out for the final trainer Leon. He has a couple of dragon types that rip your team to shreds. Make sure you have a ice-type in your team.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 14, 2019, 04:26:44 PM
Finished Sword in around 20 hours.

I think I'm on about 15 hours atm. I've only just beat the 8th gym. I really wasn't in the mood for this until this last week and I've been beasting through it.

QuoteIt is definitely an improvement over previous entries but it's still the same game we played 20 years ago. How about some proper voice acting and cut-scenes instead of just lines of text? How about some caves or mazes like the Silph Road HQ?

I definitely agree with you on both counts here. Now we've moved to an actual console, they need to be stepping it up with voice actors and actual cut scenes. It was fine on the DS, but not the Switch.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Finished the main game, just done the first little bit of the post-game. Not my favourite game of the series TBH, but it was ok.

Darkness

Darkness

No game will ever top Pokémon Red/Blue. I remember the days locked away in my bedroom for days on end on my gameboy classic. Did you play the majority on your tv or handheld?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Gold/Silver/Crystal will always be my favorites.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 02, 2020, 08:02:36 PM
No game will ever top Pokémon Red/Blue. I remember the days locked away in my bedroom for days on end on my gameboy classic. Did you play the majority on your tv or handheld?

On handheld actually. Same as Let's Go.

I think my favourite has to be the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

Darkness

Darkness

You might have enjoyed it more if you'd have played on a big screen.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 02, 2020, 08:47:21 PM

Indeed. They introduced so much more to the game. I was really shocked when I completed Gold and found that they'd put the Kanto region in there.

The Old One

The Old One

Pokemon, seriously requires an overhaul, it's beyond stale.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 02, 2020, 08:47:21 PM

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are creme de la creme, then the thing started to go down. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 04, 2020, 02:33:55 PM
Indeed. They introduced so much more to the game. I was really shocked when I completed Gold and found that they'd put the Kanto region in there.

Oh God yeah! To think that almost didn't make it into the game.

Finished the post-game stuff last night. That's Sword done.

The Old One

The Old One

The excuses about the number of characters don't work anymore, but then Japan's got a very conservative work ethic, refusing to do anything new.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Pokemon rip-off is about to return in new anime.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed