Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 134,516 times)

zalexis

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 16, 2022, 04:40:10 PM
Quote from: zalexis on Mar 16, 2022, 04:31:21 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Mar 16, 2022, 04:18:00 PM
Thanks for the clarification. We'll see how it ends, and when you say that it makes no sense whatsoever, that really sounds interesting :)...

It will definitely be interesting. Idk about satisfying, but interesting for sure. And I'm sure even the more astute watchers doing all the extra homework (research into references, interviews, production etc) will be confused w/ some events, the very last scene in particular. Tho u, given ur nick, might be able to interpret it through the perspective of ur namesake lol.

:) Enoch aka Metatron aka Ancient of Day,

I have many names ;D

Exactly! Remember how Enoch "becomes" Metatron ;)

Enoch

Enoch

Of course, he is an ever-living fire... :)
"And he was no more because God took him."

But it is important to note that Metatron is not an angel only, nor is he only human, he is (no) more...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/RaisedWolvesMAX/status/1504274803766693892

Hoooooo boy, that was quite the finale.

Spoiler
That Alien: Covenant ending Mother/Grandmother scene. :o And Grantmother's endgame plan to de-evolve all of humanity on Kepler-22b...

Marcus now, what, possessed by the "Sol" signal???

Mother and Marcus are both "corrupted"/lose their autonomy (with the aid of their headgear), but are being manipulated by opposing sides of this ancient conflict on Kepler.
[close]

They mentioned "...until season three" in the small post-episode doc. Hopefully that's full-on confirmation that season three is indeed greenlit because I need more of this now, pelase! Lots and lots to mull over here, in the meantime...

Enoch

Quote from: zalexis on Mar 16, 2022, 04:42:14 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Mar 16, 2022, 04:40:10 PM
Quote from: zalexis on Mar 16, 2022, 04:31:21 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Mar 16, 2022, 04:18:00 PM
Thanks for the clarification. We'll see how it ends, and when you say that it makes no sense whatsoever, that really sounds interesting :)...

It will definitely be interesting. Idk about satisfying, but interesting for sure. And I'm sure even the more astute watchers doing all the extra homework (research into references, interviews, production etc) will be confused w/ some events, the very last scene in particular. Tho u, given ur nick, might be able to interpret it through the perspective of ur namesake lol.

:) Enoch aka Metatron aka Ancient of Day,

I have many names ;D

I guess you were right about that last scene ;D ;)
Waiting for the season three now.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 17, 2022, 11:52:16 AM
Quote from: zalexis on Mar 16, 2022, 04:42:14 PM

I guess you were right about that last scene ;D ;)
Waiting for the season three now.

Doing a bit of a deep dive into all of this now and, well, shit... We have some very interesting material ahead of us in the coming seasons.

Spoiler
If I'm reading the final scenes of the episode correctly, I think that the tree (which sprouted up from Number 7's corpse) has become more of a direct antenna/interface with Sol in the core than we've ever seen on this side of the planet before, and with the tree's (re-)growth Sol has become powerful enough to drop the EMF field and make it snow over here now, like the opposite end of the planet. Sol, communicating now more directly via the antenna-tree, reached out to Lucius and egged him on to bring Marcus (and the punisher helmet) here to the tree, crucify him, and "kill" him and... I think Marcus might actually be dead. I think the Sol signal has supplanted itself, or at least part of itself, into Marcus' body.

On top of the religious allusions, I love the imagery of the upside down crucified floating Marcus as an anthesis/affront to Mother's more "proper" Necromancer form.

Also worth remembering is this Mithraic painting from the Caleb/Mary flashback in Season One Episode Two:

[close]

https://twitter.com/megsokay/status/1504475860060950533

Ridlazz921

One word WTF!

SPOILER free: I said the final episode would decide how i feel about this season. And i feel meeeh. Like, the first episodes i didn't feel like the STORY was expanding, it was mostly small character stuff but it didn't go anywhere. Then the last three episodes everything explodes, which i liked, but i would have liked to spend more time before we came to the conclusion we came to.

Fav moment in S2: Mother walking into the atheist spaceship with Paul in her hands, and the Serpent scene from Ep 7.

Ofc im interested in where we are going for S3. Certain aspects i find really interesting, while some aspects i dont find interesting at all.
Im not as hyped as i was when S1 ended, but S1 was really perfect for me, and i think S2 changed it tonal and pacing wise. It was less weird artsy stuff.

The thing i am looking forward to in S3 is to see where they are taking Grandmother.

Ridlazz921

I get Lilith vibes.
Adams first wife ;)

Enoch

Enoch

Now, when we are speaking about symbols, they are all interlinked, anyway... I was thinking where have I seen some of the ideas in the show, and I think a lot of the symbols are "borrowed" from the artist Daniel Martin Diaz.

Look at these:

Spoiler

Interestingly, this artist has made something he calls the Enigma cards, which reminds me a lot of "tarot cards" in the show but look at this:

It's a wisdom tooth, and what does the Romulus tooth (God of wisdom is THOTH) do in our series, it devolves humans, it takes them their wisdom, nice play with symbols.

And look at this symbol:

[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Huh... I'd be curious to hear Diaz's thoughts on/interpretation of the show at this point, since he definitely seems to be mining from a lot of the same wells that Wolves is.

Enoch

You can guess what his interpretation would be if you read this:
Its his own description of the artwork below...

QuoteHarmonic Universe
@DanielMartinDiaz
Description
As we move into a technological society our obsession grows to merge with the digital realm without thinking about the consequences of a future outcome. In a way it's out of our control, an evolutionary manifestation as biological intelligence creates technology and then merges with it to become even more sophisticated. This will eventually give rise to AI, a living entity bred out of the essence of humans. AI will be the child of human beings. A metamorphosis of humanity through the eyes of AI.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 17, 2022, 09:51:52 PM
What a finale!

Spoiler
[close]

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/raised-by-wolves-season-2-ending-explained/

Spoiler
"For a human being is like an inverted tree. That is why he is called ant[h]ropos by the Greeks, that is, 'turned upside down'. For real trees thrust their roots, as it were the head, downward into the earth, from which they draw their nutriment, but they expand their branches upward. On the contrary, human stretch up their heads, as it were the roots, into the air, from which they breathe." (William of Conches, A Dialogue on Natural Philosophy, 6.23.4)

In essence, what we see here is an inverted TAU symbol, and it could also represent a hanged man, especially with tree and serpent symbolism below...

[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Speaking of the "draw[ing] of nutriment," very neat detail seeing Number 7 attempting to connect to/feed from Mother, and obviously prevented from doing so due to procedure Mother underwent with Sue after she started lactating in the presence of Number 7 earlier in the season.

[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed